• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your Favorite Art,Drawing or story by Rob Liefeld?
1 1

890 posts in this topic

i would argue that the Killing Joke cover is very telling of the story

it could be the best cover ever IMO

Good lord, I do think that Liefeld fan is high....but best cover ever? I wouldn't even rank it in my top 1000. It's a very, VERY good illustration, but not a good comic book cover IMHO.

it depends what you're after, Batman 225 or 235 are my favourite for telling a story but Killing Joke is so memorable that i think it surpasses them for what a cover is supposed to do (i.e. being attracted to/buying the book)

Even then, the only reason it draws someone in is because Bolland is such a good illustrator. The image itself isn't particularly interesting from a design standpoint.

it's a very simple cover, sticks with you when you see it

this is probabily my favourite

Batman_225.jpg

or this

Batman_235.jpg

but it's not as memorable

Edited by Maccai3

this is getting worse than when that one guy said the Jim Shooter was a better writer than Alan Moore

The media tricks people into thinking Alan Moore is a good writer. Liefeld is actually the best writer in comics.

this is getting worse than when that one guy said the Jim Shooter was a better writer than Alan Moore

The media tricks people into thinking Alan Moore is a good writer. Liefeld is actually the best writer in comics.

haha

i love the part in the comic book series early 90's that Stan Lee did called comic book greats or something, Stan asks Rob if he had any drawing lessons and Rob was all "no"

shocking!

there was one episode with all the image guys and Jim Lee is drawing and Rob starts adding stuff to it...pouches if i remember

Was I that guy? Because I do feel that Shooter is a better writer of mainstream superhero comic books.

Was I that guy? Because I do feel that Shooter is a better writer of mainstream superhero comic books.

doh! One ridiculous argument per thread, please.

Funny. The more people hate on this guy, the more I think I like him. lol

Wow. That's kind of sad. All the unethical stuff he's done, all the poses and things he's ripped off over the years and all the people he's screwed over and you admire him? Well, I guess if Chris Brown can still sell albums, Rob Liefeld can still sell comics.

Actually, that would be sad If I admired Liefeld for his screw ups. However, I've already professed what I admire about him, and none of it has anything to do with his wrongdoings.

Let me reiterate what I've been trying to say the entire time.

I fully acknowledge Rob's screw ups and trespasses. I get it...really I do. He's pissed a lot of people off. I've never denied that. On the flip side, I hold a certain level of respect for him, because I feel he has contributed certain positive elements to the comic book community. For example, his artwork was very appealing to me as a kid, and he had a positive effect on me getting into comics, and I highly doubt I'm the only one who was positively influenced by his work.

Overall, Im trying to look at the big picture in it's entirety. I'm trying to look at both sides of the coin to this argument, and I am accepting both sides.

Btw, that comment of mine that you quoted was more of a joke than anything else.

:whatev:

Wow...that's like comparing apples to absinthe.

But I still love Shooter Avengers run...something like 167-177? Great stuff.

Wow...that's like comparing apples to absinthe.

But I still love Shooter Avengers run...something like 167-177? Great stuff.

I'm not saying Shooter is a better writer in general. But for that specific niche, I can at least say I enjoy his work more.

I bought a raw YB 1 in 9.8 in the dollar bin

You paid one dollar too much.

:roflmao:

For example, his artwork was very appealing to me as a kid, and he had a positive effect on me getting into comics, and I highly doubt I'm the only one who was positively influenced by his work.

Overall, Im trying to look at the big picture in it's entirety. I'm trying to look at both sides of the coin to this argument, and I am accepting both sides.

Btw, that comment of mine that you quoted was more of a joke than anything else.

There's some truth to that. My brother hasn't read a bunch of comics since we were kids. The ones he reads now are the ones he read as a kid. . . and he has asked me about Cable a couple of times recently. The reason? That darn NM #87 second print I found the last time I was home.