• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP D ICK AYERS

55 posts in this topic

Wow, I'm bummed. I met him at the Boston show a few years ago. I was looking through some of his sketches and found a nice Sgt. Fury that I liked, his wife was trying to push some other sketches my way, but D ick said "No, he has found his favorite"

The sad part is most of these legends rarely have many people at there table. I bought the sketch and his book. If I was a rich man I would have bought out his whole table, just for the joy that he brought to me as a kid.

RIP :sorry:

Ayers was there at the beginning of the Marvel Age and without his outstanding work, Marvel wouldn’t be what it is today. At early Big Apple Conventions he was a regular guest. Always gracious and kind, he made all the fans feel very welcome. He created one of my all-time favorite characters, the original Ghost Rider. One of my prized possessions is a convention commission he did of Ghost Rider. He told me that the headless horseman was his inspiration for the character. We have lost another great one. Rest in peace Mr. Ayers.

Please feel free to listen to an interview with here-

http://comiczoneradio.com/search.php?kw=ayers&btnSearch=Search