• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about letting "internationals" decide if shipping is too much?

235 posts in this topic

Not shipping to Canada is a tough one nowadays with all of that Canuckian oil money in the hands of snowbound comic nerds.

lol

But yes, if you want to insure anything to Canada, it's Priority Int'l at a minimum, which is $25-$30, and what's worse, you cannot buy insurance online....you have to go to the PO, and they get pissy about charging the "window" price because you "added" something.

:eyeroll:

Flat Rate w/tracking is awesome, for anything less than $50...but it's still $20.

Plus, Paypal charges an extra 1% to translate Canadian Loonies into good ol' US of A greenbacks.

Sure, you can send it First Class for about $10....good luck ever seeing it, or your money, ever again.

I would ship to you if you asked me. I recently shipped a package to the UK, and have another one to send, but it was for people I really like... and trust.

I will not ship an international package to Joe Blow, and the only person I am worried about protecting is myself.

Curious, considering the majority of scams are perpetrated within the United States.

Why don't you give us the northwest territories and you can have texas. Even steven.

What state has the hottest girls? California doesn't count. Is it Oregon?

California always counts on this one.

There's even a song about it.

Oh, I know. That's why I always exclude California; it's hot girl Mecca.

Especially here.

:cloud9:

*ahem*

I've noticed this annoying trend in the marketplace where sellers are saying they'll only ship within Amurrica because it's just too expensive otherwise...

Crazy thought: how about putting up a shipping quote that you know will cover it, and letting buyers decide what's "too expensive"?

Thanks!

I don't ship outside the US because I don't want to ship outside the US. Why do you feel the need to whine about it?

I'm not whining about sellers who don't want to ship outside the US. Read the thread again.

Why do you feel the need to diminish the point by calling it "whining", every time this topic comes up?

Whining, bi+ching, complaining... Choose your word. It's all the same. You're upset because you want something that you can't get.

And why are you upset, Jim?

I'm not upset. You're the thread starter with sandy shorts. Obviously you feel as though you are missing out on something.

Purchase items from sellers that ship internationally and don't worry about the rest.

Again, that's not what this particular thread is about. It's not that I can't "have something", it's that I'm being given a bullspit reason for it. I've moved beyond complaining when someone won't ship to me, but the 'I'm protecting you from yourself' type cop out is annoying. And last I checked, CG is the place to be annoying.

Truer words have never been posted.

I would ship to you if you asked me. I recently shipped a package to the UK, and have another one to send, but it was for people I really like... and trust.

I will not ship an international package to Joe Blow, and the only person I am worried about protecting is myself.

I would ask you if you had the sales thread because we know each other. But I don't ask people I don't know anymore. I've accepted that others feel as you do, and I don't argue with it. But the "too expensive" thing is patronizing, and I'm in a bad mood.

I once shipped an $8 book to England, and it cost the buyer $50 or so for the postage. This was before the flat rate with tracking option. I felt very bad for the buyer, but he accepted it (he paid before we could even discuss it), and was happy with it.

It was a Wizard 1/2 Buffy & Angel Sparkle variant, too.. :facepalm:

Why don't you give us the northwest territories and you can have texas. Even steven.

What state has the hottest girls? California doesn't count. Is it Oregon?

California always counts on this one.

There's even a song about it.

Oh, I know. That's why I always exclude California; it's hot girl Mecca.

Especially here.

:cloud9:

And they're all crazy. But that's another plus.

I normally say "May be to expensive to ship outside the USA", but you are more than happy to PM me and we can talk about it. I don't say "Won't".

But if I am selling 50 comics worth $30, I don't think someone would be willing to pay $50 to ship it. That's what it would be cause anything over 4 pounds must go priority.

But if you want to pay the $50 to ship $30 worth of books, more power to you. Shoot me a PM.

Ebay's shipping prices to the UK have gone bat mess crazy.

Same with shipping to Canada. That Global Shipping Progam thing is ludicrous.

Indeed. I imagine there has been a huge drop-off in international sales.

Never understand why a seller wants to limit their marketplace.

More business for me.

For those who think America is the the only game in town the hobby is going international folks, expand those horizons.

I collect large statues, and I've seen them tack on as much as $400 onto the price at checkout!

Never understand why a seller wants to limit their marketplace.

More business for me.

For those who think America is the the only game in town the hobby is going international folks, expand those horizons.

^^

I collect large statues, and I've seen them tack on as much as $400 onto the price at checkout!

It gets expensive hauling all that Roman marble up north.

HerculesDiomedes.jpg

:whistle:

Nice. I'd buy that if I had the space.