• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about letting "internationals" decide if shipping is too much?

235 posts in this topic

It's a rare piece demonstrating the ancient combat technique "cockcranking". It's very relevant to the theme of my collection.

If someone is willing to pay for the shipping I'm willing to box it up and drop it off for them. Why not?

I won't ship to a third world country but UK and Canada...of course I will.

It just costs extra.

Never understand why a seller wants to limit their marketplace.

More business for me.

For those who think America is the the only game in town the hobby is going international folks, expand those horizons.

:applause:

(worship)

Hercules is rethinking his imminent piledrive on Diomedes....

I wonder if that scene is going to be in the movie.

Hercules is rethinking his imminent piledrive on Diomedes....

I wonder if that scene is going to be in the movie.

They'll use bigger actors.

International, there are forms to potentially fill out and you usually do have to go to the post office and wait in line. There is just more work to be done.

Nope. You can do all that from home, and while doing a label for a private transaction might take an extra minute, doing it off an eBay sale through Paypal takes about 20 seconds max.

You print the label at home and either drop it off at the post office or a mailman can take it for you.

Same thing with International, even First Class. I just did one of those last night (private transaction on the boards here) along with 4 other packages (1 private, 3 eBay) and scheduled a pickup from my couch. My mailwoman knocked on the door this morning, took all 5 packages from me and scanned them in before putting them on her truck.

Easy-peasy. Anyone who sez international shipping is time-consuming and difficult isn't doing it right.

Peace,

Chip

:whatev:
How is the violence capital of the U.S.?

It sucks. How you doin'?

We were in Chicago for C2E2 and again, I couldn't believe how clean that city was. Unbelievable. We did a tour during the day and it was just gorgeous. What an amazing city.

:)

Thanks Roy! Sorry wasn't able to make C2E2 (family wedding out of town at same time.) Hope to see you and Lou at WW in Chicago in August!

I have shipped to Canada twice now. The printing off the customs form is no problem. I just hate having to go to the post office and have them attach everything. Plus, both times now. I get a shipping estimate from the post office, and it ends up being more than they originally quoted and I do not know why. I'm putting in the accurate weight, size, value, etc. So I'd rather not ship to Canada but it's not that big of a deal.

There's no reason to go the post office for USPS priority international packages - just have the mailman pick them up at your home (it's free).

USPS has one price for when you print postage online and another for when you get postage at the post office - that's why you're overpaying when you go to the PO.

You can print the postage at home & save, but we Americans are required to take all International packages to a Post Office and hand them over to the clerk so they can "check it in." We cannot just hand those to our mailman.

Believe me, I wish we could!

-slym

You can print the postage at home & save, but we Americans are required to take all International packages to a Post Office and hand them over to the clerk so they can "check it in." We cannot just hand those to our mailman.

Absolutely false, bud. :) I just did that this morning and several times this week. International Priority as well as First Class labels.

Peace,

Chip

:whatev:
How is the violence capital of the U.S.?

It sucks. How you doin'?

We were in Chicago for C2E2 and again, I couldn't believe how clean that city was. Unbelievable. We did a tour during the day and it was just gorgeous. What an amazing city.

You shut your mouth you white honkey.

Holy mess, I almost spit water everywhere...

:lol: :roflmao::signfunny:

-slym

Absolutely false, bud. :) I just did that this morning and several times this week. International Priority as well as First Class labels.

Peace,

Chip

Absolutely true here. Maybe it's my local PO, but I cannot drop them off with my mailman.

-slym

Absolutely true here. Maybe it's my local PO, but I cannot drop them off with my mailman.

Go to USPS.com and "Schedule A Pickup." He has to pick up the packages and scan them in right when doing so. :)

Peace,

Chip

I was told by the Postal Clerk that International packages are to be brought to the counter. I think our postmen don't have scanners as they ride along because when I do scheduled pickups, there is nothing on the Delivery screen until it is through the sorting station in Raleigh.

Sucks for me.

:shrug:

-slym

Ebay's shipping prices to the UK have gone bat mess crazy.

Same with shipping to Canada. That Global Shipping Progam thing is ludicrous.

I love it. Only way I ship internationally with eBay, especially to those package black holes of Italy and Spain.