• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about letting "internationals" decide if shipping is too much?

235 posts in this topic

*ahem*

I've noticed this annoying trend in the marketplace where sellers are saying they'll only ship within Amurrica because it's just too expensive otherwise...

Crazy thought: how about putting up a shipping quote that you know will cover it, and letting buyers decide what's "too expensive"?

Thanks!

*ahem*

I've noticed this annoying trend in the marketplace where sellers are saying they'll only ship within Amurrica because it's just too expensive otherwise...

Crazy thought: how about putting up a shipping quote that you know will cover it, and letting buyers decide what's "too expensive"?

Thanks!

If I didn't sell to all those frostbacks, I would have very little sales at all. :cry:

I just don't get the reluctance to ship to Canada or the UK. (shrug) There are other parts of the world that I wouldn't touch but those two? Yeah, don't get it.

The USPS customs form process is silly though. I fill out the damn thing and then the postal clerk has to manually enter in all that info?? Takes forever. Has to be a better way.

*ahem*

Thanks!

You canucks sure get your panties in a bunch.

*ahem*

Thanks!

Agreed.

:sumo:

I just don't get the reluctance to ship to Canada or the UK. (shrug) There are other parts of the world that I wouldn't touch but those two? Yeah, don't get it.

The USPS customs form process is silly though. I fill out the damn thing and then the postal clerk has to manually enter in all that info?? Takes forever. Has to be a better way.

I suspect it's more challenging to ship to Canada...at least that's what I've heard from some US sellers.

*ahem*

Thanks!

I think it's the other way around. You guys should ease up on the drone strikes.

*ahem*

Thanks!

I think it's the other way around. You guys should ease up on the drone strikes.

In our defense, canada does have a lot of oil, it was just a matter of time.

Why don't you give us the northwest territories and you can have texas. Even steven.

What state has the hottest girls? California doesn't count. Is it Oregon?

I pay $15 a slab and $4-$7 a book for shipping from the US to Canada on average. I've seen as much as $50 and a member told me about $70 once. I don't understand where these prices are coming from?

I have shipped to Canada twice now. The printing off the customs form is no problem. I just hate having to go to the post office and have them attach everything. Plus, both times now. I get a shipping estimate from the post office, and it ends up being more than they originally quoted and I do not know why. I'm putting in the accurate weight, size, value, etc. So I'd rather not ship to Canada but it's not that big of a deal.

That's what annoys me. It's not so much "too expensive" as it is "I don't want to ship to you" which is fine, but just say that instead of telling me what's "too expensive".

I pay $15 a slab and $4-$7 a book for shipping from the US to Canada on average. I've seen as much as $50 and a member told me about $70 once. I don't understand where these prices are coming from?

The one I just did was $30.

I have shipped to Canada twice now. The printing off the customs form is no problem. I just hate having to go to the post office and have them attach everything. Plus, both times now. I get a shipping estimate from the post office, and it ends up being more than they originally quoted and I do not know why. I'm putting in the accurate weight, size, value, etc. So I'd rather not ship to Canada but it's not that big of a deal.

There's no reason to go the post office for USPS priority international packages - just have the mailman pick them up at your home (it's free).

USPS has one price for when you print postage online and another for when you get postage at the post office - that's why you're overpaying when you go to the PO.

Not shipping to Canada is a tough one nowadays with all of that Canuckian oil money in the hands of snowbound comic nerds. If it (is raw and) fits in a flat rate priority envelope it is pretty darn easy. Also, isn't tracking now not that cost prohibitive for Canada, so expensive stuff is not as big a deal?

Problem is, if it expensive and we want tracking to protect us with paypal/ebay then you guys often get irritated when we put down the real value on the customs form, which we kind of have to do to protect ourselves.

Why don't you give us the northwest territories and you can have texas. Even steven.

What state has the hottest girls? California doesn't count. Is it Oregon?

Ontario.