• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading( in phoenix,AZ specifically)

18 posts in this topic

How to you guys go about finding people locally to trade with? The people I meet at the local shows all seem to be in it for the money and not actual collectors.

Take your trade books to a local show and ask dealers if they'll work a trade. If your books are desirable you should have no problem working a trade although the dealer will likely expect a profit

A lot of what I have is just fill in stuff I have acquired while finishing out my batman runs. I do have some key issue of Marvel and DC I need to get rid of also, but just looking for some trade deals to finish out the batman detective runs. I am not one of those collectors that buy just keys I actually like runs to read.

I don't want tot deal with trading to dealers, if I am going to give it away I will donate it to a hospital first.

Also wondering if any of the local people would be interest in setting up a monthly what ever get-together to talk comics and do some trading.

A lot of what I have is just fill in stuff I have acquired while finishing out my batman runs. I do have some key issue of Marvel and DC I need to get rid of also, but just looking for some trade deals to finish out the batman detective runs. I am not one of those collectors that buy just keys I actually like runs to read.

I don't want tot deal with trading to dealers, if I am going to give it away I will donate it to a hospital first.

Also wondering if any of the local people would be interest in setting up a monthly what ever get-together to talk comics and do some trading.

\

Maybe put something out there in the Event section regarding local meets. Also, with the Phoenix Comic Con coming up you might want to put out something to meet some of these same people at the con.

For trades like you are describing, I don't think there would be an issue using the WTB section of the boards. Just list what you are looking for and what you have to trade.

I have a pretty good run of bronze-modern Detective mid grade and better readers. Are you coming to Phoenix Con? I'm sure we could work out a trade, I'm always looking to trade a lot of books for a single or a few books.

I have a pretty good run of bronze-modern Detective mid grade and better readers. Are you coming to Phoenix Con? I'm sure we could work out a trade, I'm always looking to trade a lot of books for a single or a few books.

How about trading them for rectangular pieces of paper with drawings of old guys on them?

I'm sure people would trade comics for your framing services.

You lost me? (shrug)

The OP is an photographer and framer

Gotcha. That's pretty cool and would be a great idea for trading.

Yeah, I mainly do original art now and it would be nice to support someone in the hobby and cares rather than a chain store like Micheal's etc.

I've met some people through Craigslist and Facebook that I have bought from and/or sold to, but not traded. My preferences seem to be a little too narrow, or maybe not narrow enough. Either way, I'm very picky. It's rare anyone local had anything I want to buy either, but one of my MAUS books came from a local at an excellent price. I actually met him off eBay. I saw his item, saw it was located just a few miles away, and sent him a lowball, but offered to pick it up in person. He accepted just over 50% his asking price. I went to his house and he actually did have a ton of stuff I'd love to own, and I'm sure he'd take offers on everything, but all his stuff was valuable and I rarely buy comics in the $50+ range, so haven't contacted him since.

I'm sure people would trade comics for your framing services.

I'm sure something could be arranged. :)

definitely interested in that myself. I'm a fan of gathering so everyone can discuss this further, or someone post what your looking for so maybe we can get the ball rolling?