• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your first comic title or run that brings back the best memories from?

63 posts in this topic

Hulk had a continuing storyline with different villians continued from issue to issue at the same time - Cobalt Man - Ends up in the Hidden Land vs the Inhumans - Shot into space ends up in Counter Earth- yadda yadda... I followed that as well.

"affected"

:whistle:

-slym

hm you never know, perhaps looking at a half naked Mariner did have an "effect" on him if you know what I mean. ;)

As a young kid, I really liked Marvel Team-Up. You got two heroes in one book which was awesome. I also loved Nova.

Marvel Team up all the way! Some great comics in that run. The cheese factor holds up very well over the years.

The DC 100 pagers, '74 to '75. I absolutely loved these as a kid. I still recall rushing to the bus station newsagent each month, buying as many of them as I could afford and, never having read many American comic books at that age, how different and exciting they seemed. They also primed me to appreciate material from all decades, not just moderns. My favourite was, and still is, the Detective Comics run - a superb selection of reprints by Archie Goodwin and, most importantly, his classic Manhunter story.

As a younger child, Uncle Scrooge. Loved that magazine. Couldn't wait for the next issue.

A bit older, it was Iron Man and Spider-Man. I could relate to Spider-Man's frustrations but certainly wanted to be the playboy Iron Man :)

"affected"

:whistle:

-slym

Haha, thank you slym. I am normally a grammar Nazi at home and work, so I respect that you called me out on this! I typed this post last night after having...um...more than a few...?

My first title loyalty was Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes.

My first issue was #207, then picked up #210 and was a regular until I stopped at #300.

The copies I had through childhood were pretty beat and I sold them a long time ago.

A few years ago I managed to finish a minty mint run from Superboy #180 through every Legion appearance to 2010.

I still have 180 through 300, but let the rest of them go.

So, that series was a huge part of my childhood. I can remember that I actually wept when Mike Grell stopped drawing the series. :cry: