• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Look, Mom, no pics!: Vol. 5, ASM Ann. #1...CLOSED.

23 posts in this topic

Although I don't have pictures of these books, you'll get a a money-back guarantee. (I've checked in with silverweb, 1Cool, LT212, and bb8--four Boardies who bought from me in these picture-less threads--and they're satisfied customers.) Additionally, my kudos thread here on the Boards should provide solid assurance to anyone on the fence.

1) First :takeit: in the thread gets it.

2) No Hall of Shame nor Probation List folks, please.

3) PayPal, check (will need to wait for it to clear), or postal money order. Payment expected within 3 days of invoice. Shipped within 3 days of payment.

4) Shipping included: U.S. only. Securely packed Priority Mail w/ Delivery Confirmation and full insurance on both of these.

5) Money-back guarantee: if not satisfied, full refund (minus return shipping); if you've done business with me before, return shipping on my dime.

Thank you for looking. :smile:

Marvel Team-Up #15 CGC 9.6 (WP) 99.00 shipped in the U.S.

The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 (1964) GD-/GD 119.00 shipped in the U.S.

:takeit: pending...my written text/descriptions...is fine. :insane:

MTU #15 CGC 9.6 (WP)

99.00 shipped in the U.S. :news: SOLD.

--Tiny bit of white on spine, about 1/8", but it is even.

--Back cover/top center edge: 2 1/2" in length distributor overspray (yellow), but it's barely noticeable, since its only about 1/16" in width. Really a non-issue unless one is hyper vigilant about it in terms of preference.

--CGC case is fine, no problems.

Positives:

--Great color, gloss.

--Crazy sharp corners.

--I'm thinking it couldn't have missed 9.8 by too much.

--Buy a great Spidey cover and book--in what was only the 2nd original series that features the Web-Slinger (how many have there been since? :think:), a book that's over 40 years old...and under 100 bills.

ASM Ann. #1 GD-/GD

119.00 shipped in the U.S. :news: SOLD.

--Front cover, on the left one-third of the book, there is some vertical creasing (running top to bottom)

--Front cover/bottom edge: a lot of color-breaking creasing.

--Edge of front cover: 1" tear (just under the #1/1964 box), a tear which also goes through the first 10 pgs. of the book; at first, the tear is 1" (like the cover's edge), but it gradually diminishes to about 1/2" by the 10th pg.

--Staples rust-free; top staple is secure into first pg. and onward; bott. staple detached from first pg., but securely in @ 2nd pg. and onward.

--Back cover/top edge: a penned "6-9" and what looks like a penned "12".

--Back cover/upper left area: some heavy creasing & some light soiling.

--Back cover edge: 1/2" tear, and this tear, like the front cover edge tear, goes through some pages. In this case, the last 5 pgs. (it remains about the same throughout, i.e., a 1/2" tear for each pg.)

Positives:

--Nicely centered, which is NOT common for these block-spined books.

--Cover nice white to OWW, which is often not the case with this book in low grade.

--Inside front cover: white to OWW.

--Pgs. nice, OW.

--Inside back cover: white to OWW.

Just curious, is there a reason why you choose not to show pictures? :hi:

Basically for deception purposes.

:baiting:

But seriously, I have neither access to a camera nor scanner, so I had given up on the idea of a sales thread for a while. That is, until I realized I could give it a whirl with detailed text. I fully realize it's not ideal, but I've made a number of sales and folks are satisfied, so I'll keep swimming upstream for a bit.

ASM Ann. #1 GD-/GD

119.00 shipped in the U.S.

--Front cover, on the left one-third of the book, there is some vertical creasing (running top to bottom)

--Edge of front cover: 1" tear (just under the #1/1964 box), a tear which also goes through the first 10 pgs. of the book; at first, the tear is 1" (like the cover's edge), but it gradually diminishes to about 1/2" by the 10th pg.

--Staples rust-free; top staple is secure into first pg. and onward; bott. staple detached from first pg., but securely in @ 2nd pg. and onward.

--Back cover edge: 1/2" tear, and this tear, like the front cover edge tear, goes through some pages. In this case, the last 5 pgs. (it remains about the same throughout, i.e., a 1/2" tear for each pg.)

Positives:

--Cover nice white to OWW, which is often not the case with this book in low grade.

--Pgs. nice, OW.

makes no difference to me as long as it's described accurately it's fine! :)

MTU #15 CGC 9.6 (WP)

99.00 shipped in the U.S.

--Back cover/top center edge: 2 1/2" in length distributor overspray (yellow), but it's barely noticeable, since its only about 1/16" in width. Really a non-issue unless one is hyper vigilant about it in terms of preference.

Positives:

--Great color, gloss.

--Crazy sharp corners.

--Buy a great Spidey cover and book--in what was only the 2nd original series that features the Web-Slinger (how many have there been since? :think:), a book that's over 40 years old...and under 100 bills.

Ghost Rider right?

:takeit:

MTU #15 CGC 9.6 (WP)

Positives:

--Great color, gloss.

--Crazy sharp corners.

Ghost Rider right?

:thumbsup: Indeed.

SOLD!

:hail: Thank you very much.

But seriously, I have neither access to a camera nor scanner, so I had given up on the idea of a sales thread for a while. That is, until I realized I could give it a whirl with detailed text. I fully realize it's not ideal, but I've made a number of sales and folks are satisfied, so I'll keep swimming upstream for a bit.

Cool. I'm just a visual person, sometimes even a camera pic is better than nothing for me. GLWTS!

Cool. I'm just a visual person, sometimes even a camera pic is better than nothing for me. GLWTS!

Oh, definitely. You, me, and most everyone since the Garden of Eden or movies or television or the World Wide Web. :preach: Incidentally, I don't have a cell phone either (once did though). Not having one is definitely a sign of rebellion and counter-cultural rumblings, but I'm still trying to figure out the nature of the rebellion. :insane:

ASM Ann. #1 GD-/GD

Positives:

--Pgs. nice, OW.

2.5 or 3.0 you think?

ASM Ann. #1 GD-/GD

Positives:

--Pgs. nice, OW.

2.5 or 3.0 you think?

I have GD-/GD in the listing, so more like 1.8/2.0.

Maybe this will provoke a sale overnight...:shrug:

:news: Price reduction on the ASM Annual #1...

I thought I had one, but I guess i don't.

Claudio comes in like a thief in the night!

SOLD!

:hail:

If everyone reading this only knew what JazzMan, seemingly "just" a friend on these Boards, did for me, the psychic gasps would register on that Richter scale (I sure hope I spelled that right, but it may be bound anyway for the out-of-context thread). I'd have to be sitting in person with someone, sharing food & drink probably, to even begin to express it. Trust me.

SOLD!

If everyone reading this only knew what JazzMan, seemingly "just" a friend on these Boards, did for me, the psychic gasps would register on that Richter scale (I sure hope I spelled that right, but it may be bound anyway for the out-of-context thread). I'd have to be sitting in person with someone, sharing food & drink probably, to even begin to express it. Trust me.

:signofftopic:

:foryou:

SOLD!

:signofftopic:

:foryou:

:sumo::slapfight: