• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Affleck as Batman PHOTO

183 posts in this topic

hm

-slym

Afflecks good movies....Argo,Good Will Hunting,Armageddon,Reindeer Games,Mallrats.

Okay 5 movies. (thumbs u

Afflecks bad movies.....going all the way,Daddy and Them,The Third Wheel,200 cigarrettes,Man about Town,Glory Days,Clerks2,extract,Surviving Christmas,Phantoms,Bounce,Forces of Nature,Jay and Silent Bob strike back,Changing lanes,Gone Girl,Hollywoodland,He's just not that into you,Jersey Girl,Pearl Harbor,Daredevil,Gone Baby Gone,and let's not forget that masterpiece of bad Gigli.

My point.

No wonder you are biased, you missed several of his films worthy of watching. :makepoint:

Boiler Room, The Town, Runner Runner, State of Play, Sum of All Fears, The Company Men

& Pearl Harbor & Changing Lanes were good IMO.

29ok4mp.jpg

hm

-slym

Afflecks good movies....Argo,Good Will Hunting,Armageddon,Reindeer Games,Mallrats.

Okay 5 movies. (thumbs u

Afflecks bad movies.....going all the way,Daddy and Them,The Third Wheel,200 cigarrettes,Man about Town,Glory Days,Clerks2,extract,Surviving Christmas,Phantoms,Bounce,Forces of Nature,Jay and Silent Bob strike back,Changing lanes,Gone Girl,Hollywoodland,He's just not that into you,Jersey Girl,Pearl Harbor,Daredevil,Gone Baby Gone,and let's not forget that masterpiece of bad Gigli.

My point.

- The Town: Great movie. Loads of action, drama, and emotional twists.

- Company Men: Really good movie about former executives learning to be thankful for what they have when they have to take odd jobs like Affleck painting houses. Worth the watch!

- The Sum of All Fears: Good movie from Tom Clancy novel.

- Bounce: Good movie.

hm

-slym

Okay 5 movies. (thumbs u

My point.

- Company Men: Really good movie about former executives learning to be thankful for what they have when they have to take odd jobs like Affleck painting houses. Worth the watch!

All actors make bad decisions through out their career. I wasn't a fan of Affleck a while back but his most recent cinematic endeavors changed my mind. For The Town he was writer, director and lead actor; for Argo he was both lead actor and director. These films were excellent and Argo was even nominated for seven Academy Awards and won three, including the "Best Picture" award. If these two movies failed then there would be no one else to blame because Affleck had complete control but they turned out to be two of the more memorable and critically acclaimed films that have come out in recent years. I don't expect this to change anyone's mind, if you aren't a fan then you will remain a skeptic but this is what makes me confident in WB’s decision in courting Affleck for Batman.

Every actor has been in "bad" movies.

How is Affleck different from those A-List actors? (shrug)

I was one of the few that liked Affleck as Batman.

I really believe he was to redeem himself from Daredevil (why would he take on Batman if he didn't believe he could? (shrug) )

hm

-slym

Okay 5 movies. (thumbs u

My point.

Chasing Amy is one of my all time favorite movies, though I don't watch it often as I'm an emotional wreck after it's over. I have to have a tub of ice cream to eat while I'm watching it.

hm

-slym

Okay 5 movies. (thumbs u

My point.

Chasing Amy is one of my all time favorite movies, though I don't watch it often as I'm an emotional wreck after it's over. I have to have a tub of ice cream to eat while I'm watching it.

lol

Same here. I don't watch it often. But when I do, I enjoy it every time. And Hooper X makes it worth watching too with some funny lines that never get old.

But I also enjoy 'Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back' as this is some of the best material, then 'Dogma' next.

I really believe he was to redeem himself from Daredevil (why would he take on Batman if he didn't believe he could? (shrug) )

I don't get the hate for Affleck either.

He seems to have his act together and is reasonably good at what he does.

Crucifying him for movies he made 20 years ago? :screwy:

The guy is a good actor, he's turning out to be a decent director, he's happily married (something that seems impossible to do in Hollywood) and now he's tackling one of the largest franchises in fictional history. More power to him.

I'm not a big fan of his, but he's done some great stuff. The Town was a fantastic movie.

Also, I know it was a bit role, but don't forget about Dazed & Confused.

He's done more "good" movies than bad. Like a lot of actors, once he hit it big time, he had a string of stinkers/paycheck movies.

He's not my first choice for Batman, but we'll see what happens. I hated the pick of Chris Evans as Cap. He's proved a good choice.

And again, that costume looks great!

I don't get the hate for Affleck either.

He seems to have his act together and is reasonably good at what he does.

Crucifying him for movies he made 20 years ago? :screwy:

The guy is a good actor, he's turning out to be a decent director, he's happily married (something that seems impossible to do in Hollywood) and now he's tackling one of the largest franchises in fictional history. More power to him.

A) Gigli was made 11 years ago, not 20. B) Daredevil was made 11 years ago, not 20, C) Anyone who buys a $105,000 toilet seat deserves to get beat up over it for the rest of his life, and D) everyone in the world owes him for starting the DElightful trend of celebrity name mash-ups coined after him and J-Lo ( Bennifer ) in 2003. We basically have a decade of *not* liking Ben Affleck, so he's got his work cut out for him.

I think Ben will likely be just fine in Batman, and I'll go see it just the same. He's just an easy target to hammer on because of the things noted above.

I mentioned 20 years ago because someone said Clerks sucked.Clerks was made 20 years ago.

:facepalm:

The guy has a terrific career, a hot wife and a nice life. And he seems to be a nice person.

I think people are just jealous, just like with all the Bieber hate.

I personally think Affleck / Snyder will make a good team.