• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Affleck as Batman PHOTO

183 posts in this topic

I mentioned 20 years ago because someone said Clerks sucked.Clerks was made 20 years ago.

:facepalm:

The guy has a terrific career, a hot wife and a nice life. And he seems to be a nice person.

I think people are just jealous, just like with all the Bieber hate.

I personally think Affleck / Snyder will make a good team.

he wasnt in Clerks

he is no Beiber either, always seemed like a nice guy...if he want's to spend money on a toilet seat then that's his prerogative

I mentioned 20 years ago because someone said Clerks sucked.Clerks was made 20 years ago.

The guy has a terrific career, a hot wife and a nice life. And he seems to be a nice person.

Clerks? Yeah, that's definitely a minority comment. I was thinking you were speaking of the two movies that he's involved with that are universally panned.

Jealousy? That's probably part of it, even if subconsciously. I think that our society is hyper-aware and overtly vocal about critiques of actors/athletes/musicians performances. If someone makes $9M per movie or $20M per season, expectations that they be absolutely astounding 100% of the time are pretty high. And when they are not: TO THE INTERNET!

I'll go see any Zach Snyder film because I like his style - I think he can make anyone look good, so I'm not real worried about it. And I really don't think Affleck's rep is going to hurt anything at all - it's just something for people to talk about since Singer's shenanigans aren't nearly as fun to joke about.

He's had a decent career. But there have been some low points and people are hating on him for that. Bieber on the other hand has lists of crimes and other bs he's pulled that gets him hate. He's not known as some nice guy who makes terrible music.

But I'm willing to give this movie a chance. Most people rolled their eyes, myself includd, when Ledger was signed to be the Joker.

I don't know about that hot wife comment either. But that's your call to make.

I guess Roy and I are the only ones who think Jennifer Garner is hot? :(

she's hot

nobody on this site is turning her down if it was offered and they were single

Bieber on the other hand has lists of crimes and other bs he's pulled that gets him hate. He's not known as some nice guy who makes terrible music.

Bieber was hated on when he was clean, 15 and a nice guy. I never understood the hate except the fact that he was good looking, successful and got lots of airplay.

The dude is 20 now and a multimillionaire. It only stands to reason that he's going to get into some trouble now and then, but he was hated on well before that.

She's a beautiful lady but the world is full of beautiful people. What is even more impressive is that they seem to be holding it together in Hollywood.

Bieber on the other hand has lists of crimes and other bs he's pulled that gets him hate. He's not known as some nice guy who makes terrible music.

Bieber was hated on when he was clean, 15 and a nice guy. I never understood the hate except the fact that he was good looking, successful and got lots of airplay.

The dude is 20 now and a multimillionaire. It only stands to reason that he's going to get into some trouble now and then, but he was hated on well before that.

That's nothing new, I don't think. I remember hating on New Kids on the Block in high school. Pop music sucks, and the people that make it have sold their soul to make music that generates lots of cash. So, naturally - railing on them is ingrained into the human psyche. Crappy Product + Lots of Money = Public Disdain and Bewilderment to Who Actually Buys Said Product.

There will always be a Justin Beiber out there for people to hate because he's made enough money to buy himself out of raping the neighbors dog or running over handicapped refugees in his Lamborghini.

When he gets older, there will be someone to replace him as "Most Hated GirlyBoy Teenager In The World" it will probably be another few years, though.

I hated things when I was in high school.

I was a rocker and we hated 'funkers' (what we called hip hop back in the day). lol

I just don't understand how adults can waste the time to hate personalities today, especially when many of them seem to be reasonably good people.

Hate the racists. Hate the hypocrites. Fine.

But hate the successful people?

Oh, and I've never seen Clerks or Gigli. :D

Man, you need to see Clerks. It's great.

Gigli? Read the Wiki article and call it a day.

Every actor has been in "bad" movies.

How is Affleck different from those A-List actors? (shrug)

I was one of the few that liked Affleck as Batman.

I really believe he was to redeem himself from Daredevil (why would he take on Batman if he didn't believe he could? (shrug) )

All the other actors made DD bad, not Ben.

Nothing about Ben made DD look bad.

She's a beautiful lady but the world is full of beautiful people. What is even more impressive is that they seem to be holding it together in Hollywood.

Both Jennifers were/are hot. Ben's had a few turkeys, but I don't hold that against him. I just can't stand him and some of his Hollywood elite sticking their noses in politics that they know squat about. It's especially irritating with Affleck because he's still a mindividual_without_enough_empathy even if he does live in CA.