• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

I thought it was pretty good. I missed a little bit of it because I was trying to explain the multiple Earths to my wife lol . I'll watch it again today when I get home from work

lol...and I missed part because my husband was asking questions.

Now I'm wondering if the new Wells is the real old nice Wells, or the bad Wells...and we saw that Zoom costume last year, didn't we? and now I'm worried about Professor Stein, I liked him!

lol, don't worry about Stein....I'd assume his position is going to be secure for awhile considering he's in the LOT show as well. :)

lol, don't worry about Stein....I'd assume his position is going to be secure for awhile considering he's in the LOT show as well. :)

The writers have done a good job creating trustworthiness issues in light of what Wells/Thawne did to the protagonists last year. As collectors/fans, we know Jay Garrick can be trusted, but it's reasonable for Barry et al. not to trust the GA Flash or anyone else, including Stein, for that matter. Heck, I don't trust Stein. Episode 2 was really solid, and I think this is the best comic book-based program on TV right now.

As soon as I saw that brick column my spidey sense went off. That was way cool of them to throw the comic fans that bone. What a great time to be a geek!

Yes! When I saw that scene, it felt like ... like ... victory.

The writers have done a good job creating trustworthiness issues in light of what Wells/Thawne did to the protagonists last year. As collectors/fans, we know Jay Garrick can be trusted, but it's reasonable for Barry et al. not to trust the GA Flash or anyone else, including Stein, for that matter. Heck, I don't trust Stein. Episode 2 was really solid, and I think this is the best comic book-based program on TV right now.

Wells was a character manufactured for the show in spite of the fact that he was really Eobard Thawne. Stein on the other hand has a well established 33 year history in DC comics however.

Is he going to do something shady in the show? I couldn't speculate on that, but I can say he's certainly not in any immediate danger of disappearing anytime soon.

As soon as I saw that brick column my spidey sense went off. That was way cool of them to throw the comic fans that bone. What a great time to be a geek!

I jumped up and started pointing at the tv and freaked out my wife. Glad to see other people had the same general response - very cool!

I jumped up and started pointing at the tv and freaked out my wife. Glad to see other people had the same general response - very cool!

I had the exact reaction.

It's pretty cool that the DC/WB camp keeps providing homages to famous comic covers for the fans. That B v S one from Dark Knight Returns is definitely awesome, but the Flash 123 is over the top! I don't think I've seen that in any Marvel movie so far, but it'd be cool to see there as well.

Just finished Ep. 2. I now get what all the excitement was about with this episode.

flash_ani003.gif

:whee:

Doctor Light is on the way.

THE FLASH Season 2, Episode 5 Description; "The Darkness And The Light"

nsiTMkj.jpg

DR. LIGHT COMES THROUGH THE BREACH — Barry (Grant Gustin) learns a new breacher, Dr. Light, has come through the portal and sets off to capture her. Jay (guest star Teddy Sears) tells Barry that Dr. Light was not a threat on Earth-2 and that Barry can reason with her. However,during a fight with The Flash, she blinds him and drops some shocking news about Zoom. Meanwhile, Barry and Patty (Shantel VanSanten) go out on a date. Steve Shill directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Grainne Godfree.

Get your Crisis On Infinite Earths #4's now.

:baiting:

Barry doesn't seem to listen to Jay often enough.....a bit disappointed that Jay only has had his powers for 2 years but he seems light years ahead of Barry in knowledge about how to use his speed.

Edited by krighton

Barry doesn't seem to listen to Jay often enough.....a bit disappointed that Jay only has had his powers for 2 years but he seems light years ahead of Barry in knowledge about how to use his speed.

Local news interviewed the actor playing Jay (Teddy Sears). I really liked his excitement in being part of the show, and wanting to continue the role for a while.

Barry needs that father-figure right now anyway.

nsiTMkj.jpg

DR. LIGHT COMES THROUGH THE BREACH — Barry (Grant Gustin) learns a new breacher, Dr. Light, has come through the portal and sets off to capture her. Jay (guest star Teddy Sears) tells Barry that Dr. Light was not a threat on Earth-2 and that Barry can reason with her. However,during a fight with The Flash, she blinds him and drops some shocking news about Zoom. Meanwhile, Barry and Patty (Shantel VanSanten) go out on a date. Steve Shill directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Grainne Godfree.

Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed two NM copies for about $10 each before they all get grabbed up.

nsiTMkj.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed two NM copies for about $10 each before they all get grabbed up.

*shakes head* Flavor of the week, dude. Do you have a stack of Atom Smashers and Bug-Eyed Bandits too?

nsiTMkj.jpg

*shakes head* Flavor of the week, dude. Do you have a stack of Atom Smashers and Bug-Eyed Bandits too?

Nope - but a strong female character who could be an ongoing villain/hero based on the comics and write up is worth a $20 investment to me.

Nope - but a strong female character who could be an ongoing villain/hero based on the comics and write up is worth a $20 investment to me.

Same here!

I have a large collection of female superhero/villain early appearances that I have no problem adding to. I just find them to be interesting since male representation has gone on for decades dominating the focus. It's always cool when a female character takes root in the hobby.