• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

'Doctor Light' Is Coming To Season 2 Of THE FLASH

After being name-dropped on Arrow, fans may have figured it was only a matter of time before this character showed up on one of the CW's DC shows, and now showrunner Gabriel Stanton tells TV Line that "the female version" of Doctor Light will be debuting in season 2 of The Flash at some point. No actress has been announced for the role yet, but it will almost certainly be Kimiyo Hoshi that she'll be playing.

DoctorLight.jpg

Crisis On Infinite Earths #4

so, did this show ever improve? the first 3-4 episodes were horribly cliched, and it just didn't have anything that made me want to continue checking it out. seems like most of the tv shows aren't too good. Arrow is the only exception (maybe Daredevil, though i've only seen one episode), but Gotham, Agents of Shield,and from what i saw, Flash, didn't look very good.

so, did this show ever improve? the first 3-4 episodes were horribly cliched, and it just didn't have anything that made me want to continue checking it out. seems like most of the tv shows aren't too good. Arrow is the only exception (maybe Daredevil, though i've only seen one episode), but Gotham, Agents of Shield,and from what i saw, Flash, didn't look very good.

Oh yeah. I didnt dig most of the first several episodes either. It started getting good regularly a couple episodes after you stopped. By episode 9 it all hit the fan. Some great episodes for a while there.

Cool. I'll have to check out some of the later episodes. Hopefully it will be at least like Arrow, cliched at times, FF moments here and there, but still plenty of fun and good writing to enjoy it.

Nah, it sucks - and we here all hate it ;)

Nah, it sucks - and we here all hate it ;)

lol

Producer Of The CW's FLASH Talks Jay Garrick And Killer Frost

The Flash producer Gabrielle Stanton touched on where Barry's head is at when the show kicks off season 2. "[barry] went through a lot, at the end of last season. He’s definitely going to start this season with a step back and be like, “What am I doing? Why am I doing this?” If last season was the journey of Barry discovering he’s a hero, this season is definitely him trying to figure out what that means. What is it to be a hero? What does he need to be a hero? What is it going to do to his personal relationships?"

As for who will replace Wells as the mentor for Barry's superheroics; enter Jay Garrick as played by Teddy Sears. Stanton confirmed that , "...we’re introducing Jay Garrick, who will be a mentory character to Barry. Jay has seen some things that Barry hasn’t seen, and he’s going to be helping him through the process."

:whee:

The Flash Season 2: First Look Photo Released

the-flash-812x522-148847.jpg

As The Flash’s Grant Gustin recently revealed, the series' sophomore season will open six months after Season One’s cliff hanger finale, where the Flash raced to save Cental City from an all-consuming--and possibly multiverse breaching--black hole. And while the new photo above hints that mostly everyone made it out alive, don’t expect thing to be exactly as Season One left them.

“We pick up about six months later, and we’re going to piece together how the storm has affected everyone,” Gustin told TVInsider. And when asked just how different the new status quo would be, Gustin responded, “It’s not as different as you’d think, but as we move forward, some things will blow fans’ minds.”

Iris West To Take Leadership Role In The Flash Season 2

According to Entertainment Weekly, Iris will become not just a part of Team Flash (that much we knew) but actually serve as "team leader" in the absence of Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne.

“Iris slides into [the role] very naturally,” said executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. “She’s a born leader. One of the best things in the premiere is Barry decides that he wants to work alone because he doesn’t want to risk anyone else’s lives, and Iris is really the one who gets the band back together again. She’s the only one who can stand up to Barry.”

hm

Iris West To Take Leadership Role In The Flash Season 2

According to Entertainment Weekly, Iris will become not just a part of Team Flash (that much we knew) but actually serve as "team leader" in the absence of Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne.

“Iris slides into [the role] very naturally,” said executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. “She’s a born leader. One of the best things in the premiere is Barry decides that he wants to work alone because he doesn’t want to risk anyone else’s lives, and Iris is really the one who gets the band back together again. She’s the only one who can stand up to Barry.”

hm

Her character is really my ONLY complaint about this show. Is it JUST me or does she suck the life right out of everything with her drama?

WEAKSAUCE CHARACTER.

The Flash Casts Tony Todd As Zoom In Season 2

zoom-149593.jpg

Candyman star Tony Todd has been cast as the voice of the villain Zoom in Season 2 of The Flash.

Zoom will first appear to challenge The Flash (Grant Gustin) in the second episode of the season, “The Flash of Two Worlds.”

“Last year, with the Reverse-Flash, we just modulated Tom Cavanagh’s voice, and this year we wanted to do something a little bit different,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells Variety. “Part of the mystery of the season is who or what is underneath the Zoom outfit, and so we wanted to do something like James Earl Jones as Darth Vader — this iconic voice coming out of this mask. Last year, we thought of the Reverse-Flash as a speed warrior; this year, Zoom is like a speed demon, and no one does demon-voice better than Tony Todd.

“The Zoom outfit is much more organic than the Reverse-Flash suit. In a way, it’s hard to tell if it is a suit or alive… There’s no skin showing, for all you know there’s a robot underneath, or dark energy.”

:ohnoez:

The Flash: What's The Difference Between Reverse Flash and Zoom?

The second Reverse Flash, Hunter Zolomon, was somebody who fancied himself a friend and aide to The Flash. Like the Reverse Flash on television, he incorporated some black into the outfit, he worked to make Barry "better" and he had the crazy red eyes. This is the version who became generally known as "Zoom."

"My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive. I am Zoom. But I am not a Rogue. Far from it. I have taken the name and colors from Eobard Thawne -- the time traveler know as Professor Zoom -- in order to terrorize my friend. Wally West. The Flash. I suffered through tragedy. I lost my family to it. I understand the depths it will drag one down to. And only by surviving it does one become stronger. I will recreate myself to help my friend and in turn -- the world. I will do anything to make the Flash a better hero."

He wasn't technically faster than The Flash, although it often seemed like it; his powers worked a little differently and involved manipulation of time, allowing him to basically move between seconds, appearing fast but in fact moving at normal speed, just in a way that made him nearly impossible to hit.

I'm not familiar with Zoom. So this ended up being a big help.