• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

No hamburgers in the future? Count me out.

I know. What the heck happened to all the cows?

Maybe that's the real reason Reverse-Flash came beck in time; he just wanted a real hamburger.

Maybe that's also the reason he hates the Flash so much; future Flash does something that gets rid of all the cows. Plot twist solved. Everything that happened was all over a hamburger.

Methane gas was polluting the atmosphere;)

No hamburgers in the future? Count me out.

I know. What the heck happened to all the cows?

Maybe that's the real reason Reverse-Flash came beck in time; he just wanted a real hamburger.

Maybe that's also the reason he hates the Flash so much; future Flash does something that gets rid of all the cows. Plot twist solved. Everything that happened was all over a hamburger.

Methane gas was polluting the atmosphere;)

[font:Book Antiqua]Are you saying Greggy farts ruined the future..?[/font]

:o:sick:

Was a great season and great finale actually. A number of parts made me yell out actually :)

There are tons things that can happen if Barry really does get sucked into Earth 2, including him bringing back the real Dr. Wells from there. Assuming Wells also lost his wife in that reality, he might have become destitute or a recluse with nothing to live for at all (maybe even about to commit suicide), and Barry decides to bring him back to the original reality. Cisco might even be able to see that that action would be fine and not cause a timeline ripple.

Just sayin'... ;)

Was a great season and great finale actually. A number of parts made me yell out actually :)

There are tons things that can happen if Barry really does get sucked into Earth 2, including him bringing back the real Dr. Wells from there. Assuming Wells also lost his wife in that reality, he might have become destitute or a recluse with nothing to live for at all (maybe even about to commit suicide), and Barry decides to bring him back to the original reality. Cisco might even be able to see that that action would be fine and not cause a timeline ripple.

Just sayin'... ;)

Or in season opener Barry goes back in time and Save Dr Well at moment of death.

Bring him forward in time to moment RF dies Transferring life-force from RF to Wells.

Or Uses the body they have to Siphon the energy into him. This way timeline is preserved.

Finally got around to watching the Series finale, and have to say I liked it. I just hope with season 2 that they don't make it so confusing for the non flash comic book reader. (Like myslef) with all the alternate realities and what not

The season finale was really good, in my opinion. I was expecting it to be a little emotional at times. But they hit you with so much in that one hour, how could you not get attached to these characters and want to see more?

Very well done!

I couldn't stand Eddie in the beginning, but I really started to feel sorry for him near the end. Hope they can bring him back.

Same, I really warmed up to him towards the end of the season.

Iris, not so much.

Just a quick question for you flash readers

RF is from the 25th century, and travels to 2024 to battle Barry west? Because in the show, RF says him and Barry have been fighting for a long time.

Other question is , when that helmet came through the worm hole, the RF says "that means it's my time to go" , do you guys thing that the RF knows who the helmet belongs too ? And if so how do you guys thinks he knows?

Edited by Jking3437

He's a time traveller from the future, the possibilities are endless for RZ

I thought he mentioned that a few times, including at the beginning of the finale when he told Barry he would hate him throughout ANY FUTURE.

THE FLASH Season One Was An Alternate Timeline, But Will We Ever See The Original?

"Part of the fun of The Flash is when you have people dabbling in sci-fi physics, they’re significantly altering the world. We established in the finale that the entire series of The Flash is, in itself, an alternate timeline that’s been skewed from the real one. Wells setting off the accelerator created all the metahumans, and the results of the singularity will also have long-term effects."

RF is from the 25th century, and travels to 2024 to battle Barry west? Because in the show, RF says him and Barry have been fighting for a long time.

Other question is , when that helmet came through the worm hole, the RF says "that means it's my time to go" , do you guys thing that the RF knows who the helmet belongs too ? And if so how do you guys thinks he knows?

Yes. Presumably RF has a long history of conflict with the Flash. Only the Flash hasn't experienced this yet because it's in his future.

It's also almost a 100% possibility that RF knows that the helmet belongs to Jay Garrick. He knows this because of his response to the appearance of the helmet and his long-standing knowledge of the past and future. He's practically a student of Flash history and if you know about the Flash, you'd have to know about the 1st Flash ever...especially if he's privy to the Speed Force and can for all intensive purposes mimick his power set.

BTW: What's the likelihood that Jay Garrick DOESN'T come looking for his iconic helmet? I mean comeon, it's at least 50% of his costume....he'd be practically naked without it. Stands to reason he's going to attempt to locate it.

Presumably he can see his "past, present and future" whilst travelling within the Speed Force itself and can therefore locate whatever he's looking for.

Don't forget that Wally West has been or is being cast for the show (so we can expect to many more speedsters including Garrick):

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/78825/20150320/the-flash-tv-series-spoilers.htm

http://www.blastr.com/2014-9-8/cws-flash-showrunners-reveal-plans-bring-wally-west-eventually

Yes. Presumably RF has a long history of conflict with the Flash. Only the Flash hasn't experienced this yet because it's in his future.

It's also almost a 100% possibility that RF knows that the helmet belongs to Jay Garrick. He knows this because of his response to the appearance of the helmet and his long-standing knowledge of the past and future. He's practically a student of Flash history and if you know about the Flash, you'd have to know about the 1st Flash ever...especially if he's privy to the Speed Force and can for all intensive purposes mimick his power set.

BTW: What's the likelihood that Jay Garrick DOESN'T come looking for his iconic helmet? I mean comeon, it's at least 50% of his costume....he'd be practically naked without it. Stands to reason he's going to attempt to locate it.

Presumably he can see his "past, present and future" whilst travelling within the Speed Force itself and can therefore locate whatever he's looking for.

Don't forget that Wally West has been or is being cast for the show (so we can expect to many more speedsters including Garrick):

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/78825/20150320/the-flash-tv-series-spoilers.htm

http://www.blastr.com/2014-9-8/cws-flash-showrunners-reveal-plans-bring-wally-west-eventually

Crisis on Infinite Earths #12

And........GO!

:)

-J.

I thought jay Garrick didn't get his speed from the speed force

His origins are different (inhalation of heavy water vapors whilst smoking triggered his metagene), but he does tap into the Speed Force like all speedsters that don't manipulate time to achieve their speed (like one of the RFs). From wikipedia he has:

"Ability to run at the speed of light", "Superhumanly fast reflexes" and is

"Augmented by the extra-dimensional Speed Force".

Plus info on the speed force:

The Speed Force has most often been discovered or accessed by accident as in the hard-water radiation accident which gave the Golden Age Flash, Jay Garrick, his powers. (Pre-Crisis)

Barry Allen and Wally West acquired their powers from an accident in a laboratory (later retconned to be Barry traveling through time to give his powers to himself) (Pre-Crisis)

Professor Zoom/The Reverse Flash was able to, using technology, recreate the ability to access the Speed Force in the distant future.