• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
55 55

8,622 posts in this topic

Below was my original post that I deleted a page or two back and that started the confusion.

I nominate seller armbo_comics to be included on the blocked sellers list. I was trying to fill some holes in my ASM and Valiant collections and he had some listed that I was looking to purchase (about 30). All the comics listed had a "Make Offer" and I made offers for all about 15 to 25 cents below what he had them posted for. I do this often as some will be accepted but others are countered. I usually accept the offer, ask for an invoice and pay. After making the offers I realized I forgot to see if the seller combined shipping so I went back and looked but none said if he did or didn't. The below messages are what followed. There are no gaps, I did not leave any out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 1

To: armbo_comics

Subject: electrabuz has sent a question about item #230954904146, ending on Feb-17-15 03:45:19 PST - Shadowman 1992 series # 6 near mint comic book

Sent Date: Jan-22-15 19:09:42 PST

Dear armbo_comics,

I just submitted several offers for some of your books. I meant to ask if you combine shipping prior to doing so but forgot to. Do you combine shipping?

- electrabuz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 2

To: electrabuz

Subject: Re: electrabuz has sent a question about item #230954904146, ending on Feb-17-15 03:45:19 PST - Shadowman 1992 series # 6 near mint comic book

Sent Date: Jan-22-15 19:41:08 PST

Dear electrabuz,

we do not bag and board books under 5.00

we do not accept offers on items which are on sale already

I do not think we are the place for you to shop, just do not think we are good enough for you my friend, no hard feelings take care

- armbo_comics

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 3

To: armbo_comics

Subject: Re: electrabuz has sent a question about item #230954904146, ending on Feb-17-15 03:45:19 PST - Shadowman 1992 series # 6 near mint comic book

Sent Date: Jan-22-15 19:46:09 PST

Dear armbo_comics,

I'm sorry. I meant no disrespect with the offers. I thought you would counter. I understand if you cancel the offers and again, I meant no disrespect. Thank you for your time.

- electrabuz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4

To: electrabuz

Sent Date: Jan-23-15 05:00:40 PST

Dear electrabuz,

your feedback record is scary as hell, do not want to take the chance you are having a bad day and you feel like teaching another one of

the 'bad' sellers of ebay whos the boss...pass, you should be aware though how you are perceived publicly, thanks

- armbo_comics

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5

Dear armbo_comics,

Ok. I was just trying to fill some gaps in my Valiant and ASM but if that is how you feel, I understand. Thanks again for your time.

- electrabuz

Final Message

Dear electrabuz,

you don't seem like a Neanderthal in your emails to be honest, you seem respectful and civil, might be wrong in our assessment, and if so, apologize deeply

if you really just want the books, send me a list of the books to my email(rkalpe337@rogers.com), I can get a bulk price with a paypal invoice saving ebay fees and making the lot cheaper, if not, that's cool too, take care

- armbo_comics

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just thought it was a weird exchange and still don't know what he meant by I scared him. I have left maybe 2 negatives in 14+ years of buying and selling on eBay. I didn't buy the books and I was not out any money. After I posted this originally I got some comments that made me feel like it wasn't that big of a deal and it probably isn't. I posted it again to clear up some of the confusion in the thread. Have a great day everyone.

Its not a big deal. This is bad buyer list.

Just doesn't really seem like a "bad" seller.

The seller even offered to still work out a package deal off eBay because he obviously had concerns about receiving negative feedback.

There also seems to be gaps in the messages back and forth. hm

I left no messages out, that was all of them, in order. Looking at the issues that others sellers have discussed about buyers and vice-versa in this thread, this seller is not block worthy by those standards. My bad, I should have read some of them before posting this situation. I could understand him wanting to avoid negative feedback, he just went from zero to crazy faster than I had ever seen.

Well, I for one wouldn't block him, I have bought from him (mind you I live in the same Province), and have never had a problem. Again though, as mentioned before, I have never purchased a book more than $5 from him, he sends them front to front in a bubble mailer without boards (this is keeping his costs down, totally makes sense and as long as he does it right, which is he does, my comics have always arrived as described). He also had a lot of decent Valiants still cheap after the movie news (lesser keys), and didn't pull anything from me (shipped it all), even after the prices had gone up. How many times have we read posts where the exact opposite of that happens?

I think, judging by the posts, for cheap filler he is a great guy to buy from. It looks like guys aren't getting high grade on expensive books (they're getting damaged in shipment), so I would say avoid him in that situation.

Jay

My very first complaint of any comic buyer or seller on the ole' CGC Boards! :whee:

Watch out for B-Bay user name "c.w.i.e." This guy attempted to pull a bait and switch on me. I attempted to buy a comic off E-Bay from him and he talked me into buying it, as well as a full set he said he had. I reluctantly agreed since I really wanted the whole set.

After weeks of telling me he had them set aside and putting me off then he tells me the set will cost me twice as much as he originally told me... what an .

Oddly enough I would have originally paid the full amount he is asking now but I passed out of pure principal. I'll find them elsewhere one day.

My very first complaint of any comic buyer or seller on the ole' CGC Boards! :whee:

Watch out for B-Bay user name "c.w.i.e." This guy attempted to pull a bait and switch on me. I attempted to buy a comic off E-Bay from him and he talked me into buying it, as well as a full set he said he had. I reluctantly agreed since I really wanted the whole set.

After weeks of telling me he had them set aside and putting me off then he tells me the set will cost me twice as much as he originally told me... what an .

Oddly enough I would have originally paid the full amount he is asking now but I passed out of pure principal. I'll find them elsewhere one day.

Total -move.

:frustrated:

-slym

Isn't 9 days kinda long?

Jimmy's in Canada. If he's shipping to someone in the U.S. then no, not really.

edit to add: just checked the users profile and he is in NY.

Edited by Number 6

Here you go,

Guy bought an item on my ebay on May 11, left neutral feedback on May 19 that I didn't provide tracking.

It arrived in 9 days of sending payment.

I blocked him and you should too: slowens88

did you mark it as shipped at least?

If I bought an item, and for nine days I saw no update to it's status(not marked as shipped, or tracking number provided) I'd probably be annoyed too, but I wouldn't leave a neutral over it.

As long as my item shows up eventually, and is as described, then I'm fine.

user: ecesp007

Bought item on 4/16/15. After buying, sends message asking if it's ok to wait till May 4th to pay. I agree. May 4th comes around, no payment. Multiple unresponsive messages later, non-paying case opened.

I've had people back out of purchases before, but at least they respond to my messages.

Quite frustrating.