• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

I suggest blocking user samhunter09

This person bought an expensive book. I mailed it priority, insured and with sig confirmation the day payment was received. Messaged him after book was sent and when it would arrive. . Tracking shows book was signed for and delivered. He now claims he didn't receive the book and requested a refund or a replacement book.

This person bought an expensive book. I mailed it priority, insured and with sig confirmation the day payment was received. Messaged him after book was sent and when it would arrive. . Tracking shows book was signed for and delivered. He now claims he didn't receive the book and requested a refund or a replacement book.

So what happens next? I would hope with someone signing you are protected.

fantasyug -stated the item wasn't in the condition and did a claim in paypal. fails to return the item. no communication afterwards.

This guy did the same thing to me a couple of years ago and was blocked. Then within the last few months, asked to be unblocked as he "buys a lot with high feedback." I told him that I remembered why he was blocked and that he would stay blocked. Crickets from him so it's clear from your post that it's a frequent scam.

Turn this one over to eBay. Explain that it was delivered and signed for. Ebay (the dolts that they are) will probably refund the guy but it shouldn't come out of your pocket. And don't send this d-bag anything else.

Turn this one over to eBay. Explain that it was delivered and signed for. Ebay (the dolts that they are) will probably refund the guy but it shouldn't come out of your pocket. And don't send this d-bag anything else.

Already did my explanation as a result of buyer has now opened a case.

Will update with more info as things play out.

has he addressed the fact item shows delivered and signed for?

Anyway you sent it, it was delivered and signed for so ebay seller protection should cover you.

wonder if they realize they are committing mail fraud. That has federal ramifications iirc

I wouldn't hold my breath on anyone in the feds caring enough to do anything about it even if a complaint was made to them.

Might not be a bad thing to bring up though. Let the buyer know that since someone signed for it and it wasn't him you will be contacting the authorities. Possible it might work.

Can you get a picture of the signature from the post office?

Might not be a bad thing to bring up though. Let the buyer know that since someone signed for it and it wasn't him you will be contacting the authorities. Possible it might work.

Can you get a picture of the signature from the post office?

Post office info says signed by H.H. but buyer initials are S.M. Saw a picture of sig and it doesn't look like anything to me at all. Impossible to make out any initials. Looks like chicken scratch. But the signer did put down the address number and street name that is clear.

Consider blocking....or at least avoiding....alcamler as a seller.

Now don't get me wrong. I got a great buy ($.99) on a Suicide Squad #11 (1st Antiphon) and he only charged $2.00 for shipping. When I received the comic today I found out WHY it was only $2.00.

When I pulled the envelope out of our mailbox, I could immediately tell there was no protection (envelope was flimsy). I took pictures as I opened the package. The comic was placed in one of those clear paper holders that go in a notebook and placed in a large manila envelope. That's it. No comic backing board, no cardboard sandwich. Not even a "DO NOT BEND" anywhere on the package. :facepalm:

I did send him an eBay message basically instructing him on how to avoid any problems with future buyers. I also gave the seller the benefit of the doubt and left him positive feedback although I did say in my comment that the packaging did need improvement. I still got a great deal on the comic and it arrived reasonably intact. But what if it was a $100 or $200 comic - would it have been shipped the same way?

Yeah the mangled comic I got sold for $2 free shipping and shipping was $2.40 so seller figured why bother packaging it well. I also messaged him (no response) and left good FB but I dinged his stars for item as described and communication pretty good.

Ps if he had even responded and apologized at all I would have left his stars alone. I figured if he doesn't care I don't care.

No, but I did want to ding his stars is the only reason I left FB

My comment was 'item received'