• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

I suggest blocking eBayer: soccer_as

He ought an expensive comic from me and began a charge back on his credit card through payapl today. He already received the item (as detailed in tracking) and left positive feedback. Now he wants someone else to pay for the item.

I am never dealing with someone like that again.

What happens in a scenario like this? With detailed tracking information and positive feedback received, ebay would likely side with you on something like this. However, during a chargeback, does the credit card company review any data like that and take it into consideration? Is the money ripped from your account at all? What happens?

The funds from the transaction is usually put on hold by PayPal till the situation is resolved

It turns out that PayPal and/or eBay/Credit card company sided with me. I won the dispute. I can't believe someone who was so happy receiving the item would even try this.

He ought an expensive comic from me and began a charge back on his credit card through payapl today. He already received the item (as detailed in tracking) and left positive feedback. Now he wants someone else to pay for the item.

What happens in a scenario like this? With detailed tracking information and positive feedback received, ebay would likely side with you on something like this. However, during a chargeback, does the credit card company review any data like that and take it into consideration? Is the money ripped from your account at all? What happens?

The funds from the transaction is usually put on hold by PayPal till the situation is resolved

It turns out that PayPal and/or eBay/Credit card company sided with me. I won the dispute. I can't believe someone who was so happy receiving the item would even try this.

:applause:

When you lie to the wife to hide a big purchase, you gotta to through the motions & the hassle of claiming "oh, it totally wasn't me!" to pacify her & when the dispute goes against the buyer, he can throw up his hands to the wife and say "well, I tried. I guess we'll just have to make it up elsewhere"

How do you block someone? How do I search eBay users? I cant seem to find the tab. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Click on "Site Map" which is at the bottom of your My eBay Summery Page.

Under the tab "Seller Activities" there's the tab "Blocked Bidder/Buyer List".

Click on that and then copy/past the user name into the field provided. It's case specific so the user name has to be exactly as it appears in eBay - capitalization, punctuation, etc.

If there's a more direct way to get to the Blocked Bidder list I don't know of it. Maybe somebody else does.

Yesterday I had a buyer actually send me a query about what the "huge scan" listed in my ad header was . He had no idea what a scan was. Honest,

and everything that

he wrote was in a

very small margin,

and I am supposing

that he was using

a phone. An old

phone. After trying

to explain what a

flatbed scanner was,

he actually thought

for a second that

I was trying to sell

a picture of a comic.

For $ 8.

Yesterday I had a buyer actually send me a query about what the "huge scan" listed in my ad header was . He had no idea what a scan was. Honest,

and everything that

he wrote was in a

very small margin,

and I am supposing

that he was using

a phone. An old

phone. After trying

to explain what a

flatbed scanner was,

he actually thought

for a second that

I was trying to sell

a picture of a comic.

For $ 8.

I think you're in the wrong thread

How do you block someone? How do I search eBay users? I cant seem to find the tab. Any help is greatly appreciated.

These quick links might help you out-- I have find them very helpful

To block someone

To find a user

to cancel a bid on something you are selling

to retract a bid you have made on an item

to cancel a transaction aka eBay customer service

This is eBay related but more of a post office rant.....

I ordered some comics and was tracking their delivery which was set for today. My postal carrier rotates sporadically. The person who does it on Wednesday ALWAYS shows up later than any of the others and usually close to quitting time (4:30 or later). So I get really bad service from them. KNowing this, I had one piece sitting in the mail box that was outgoing. So my flag was up and I was watching the box like a hawk since I know this individual tends to stuff whatever into the box instead of walking it to the door.

anyway== sure enough, it is 4:30 and no sign of them. Then the next time I check-- yahoo! the little flag is down. No sign of my expected package. So I walk out to the box and NO PACKAGE-- just junk mail. And what makes me very mad is that they have indicated the item has been delivered.

So where the hell is it? It sure isn't with me. Kind of PO'd as it was a fairly expensive (for me) couple of books and now who knows where they are and what is happening to them or if I will ever receive them. Of course-- there is no way to do anything about it very easy through USPS or eBay (eBay won't let you do anything until it is after the due date-- which was today). I sent the seller a note about what was going on. I legitimately did not get the items. And I did find where to lodge an issue with the USPS on line and followed through with that (couldn't hurt).

So I decided to share this experience here as it is possible to have this happen and not be some sort of scam artist at work. I just want my books. I'm guessing the USPS worker either left them at the wrong address or the seller addressed it wrong (doubtful) or someone is sitting on the item/putting it out in their mailbox to be redelivered tomorrow. The last part sucks the most as it is open to theft and tomorrow it will be hot as hell -- which won't be good for the books.

I ordered some comics and was tracking their delivery which was set for today. My postal carrier rotates sporadically. The person who does it on Wednesday ALWAYS shows up later than any of the others and usually close to quitting time (4:30 or later). So I get really bad service from them. KNowing this, I had one piece sitting in the mail box that was outgoing. So my flag was up and I was watching the box like a hawk since I know this individual tends to stuff whatever into the box instead of walking it to the door.

anyway== sure enough, it is 4:30 and no sign of them. Then the next time I check-- yahoo! the little flag is down. No sign of my expected package. So I walk out to the box and NO PACKAGE-- just junk mail. And what makes me very mad is that they have indicated the item has been delivered.

So where the hell is it? It sure isn't with me. Kind of PO'd as it was a fairly expensive (for me) couple of books and now who knows where they are and what is happening to them or if I will ever receive them. Of course-- there is no way to do anything about it very easy through USPS or eBay (eBay won't let you do anything until it is after the due date-- which was today). I sent the seller a note about what was going on. I legitimately did not get the items. And I did find where to lodge an issue with the USPS on line and followed through with that (couldn't hurt).

So I decided to share this experience here as it is possible to have this happen and not be some sort of scam artist at work. I just want my books. I'm guessing the USPS worker either left them at the wrong address or the seller addressed it wrong (doubtful) or someone is sitting on the item/putting it out in their mailbox to be redelivered tomorrow. The last part sucks the most as it is open to theft and tomorrow it will be hot as hell -- which won't be good for the books.

Dude, I am sorry that you had to go through this. I have been through similar situations where they delivered somewhere else, but says delivered to me. The driver says they did, but didn't and the post office just says that once it is delivered there is nothing they can do about it. They are a no fault company and take no responsibility for their shoddy work ethics.

I came so close to picketing my post office to let people know that this post office has drivers that miss deliver and crushes packages to make them fit in the mail boxes.

Hopefully you find your comics.

Dude, I am sorry that you had to go through this. I have been through similar situations where they delivered somewhere else, but says delivered to me. The driver says they did, but didn't and the post office just says that once it is delivered there is nothing they can do about it. They are a no fault company and take no responsibility for their shoddy work ethics.

I came so close to picketing my post office to let people know that this post office has drivers that miss deliver and crushes packages to make them fit in the mail boxes.

I am holding out hope. Checked the tracking again today and apparently my report to the USPS about misdelivered mail prompted something. Now it has a new entry from today:

PACKAGE RESEARCH CASE CREATED

Jun-11-15, 02:21 AM, PHOENIX 85044

Of course there is also a new entry with the same delivery time stamp repeating that the item was delivered/at mailbox in the same all caps as this message. Who knows. I left a little note inside my mailbox for whoever is delivering to me today (hopefully my favorite and most consistent/friendly/reliable lady carrier).

I wonder if this is similar to locating a missing child where the quicker you take action(i.e. sooner you realize something is wrong), the more likely you are to locate the missing.

I am holding out hope. Checked the tracking again today and apparently my report to the USPS about misdelivered mail prompted something. Now it has a new entry from today:

PACKAGE RESEARCH CASE CREATED

Jun-11-15, 02:21 AM, PHOENIX 85044

Of course there is also a new entry with the same delivery time stamp repeating that the item was delivered/at mailbox in the same all caps as this message. Who knows. I left a little note inside my mailbox for whoever is delivering to me today (hopefully my favorite and most consistent/friendly/reliable lady carrier).

I wonder if this is similar to locating a missing child where the quicker you take action(i.e. sooner you realize something is wrong), the more likely you are to locate the missing.

The USPS screws up so much they probably have a Cold Case Department where the background music is from the 1960s. :insane:

Whatever you do do not go after your post office or picket them. They can put you on a do not deliver list for that. As someone said they are a no fault no account entity. They are not evil though and have set up video cam stings and caught thieving employees.

I never had a problem with the USPS until I moved to Phoenix and my local branch seemed to have some pretty crazy ladies working the counter. It started out with one of them asking me a ton of questions as if I had no idea how to mail something. It was annoying. Then I got scolded for waiting in line with something I wanted scanned in as picked up that I had bought the postage for on line. A week later, they reversed what they said to me as I was trying to simply put my items on the counter as I had ton so many times before at my branch in Tampa.

Then I noticed that putting my items on the counter actually was no advantage at all at this branch. In fact, I started to get the impression that the workers were flagging my items and giving me crappy service on purpose. So I just stopped bothering with the counter unless the item is so large it won't fit in the big package drop off bin in the lobby. Sure enough-- the last time I had one of those large packages-- wouldn't you know it -- the item showed up BROKEN and I ended up having to refund the entire purchase. And who was there? The main person who seems to have a problem with me -- and she asked me a bunch of questions even though I was simply putting the item on the counter. I am fairly certain this is the same woman who made sure my media mail got flagged a few times in the past as well (essentially the end of using media mail for comics or magazines for me).

I think it is really just 2 or 3 female employees at this branch who are doing this to me. But the last I want to do is draw any more attention to the situation. I try not to engage them. I've decided that if I ever have another large, fragile item to send that won't fit in the bin, I will take it to the other post office which is 4 more miles away. Just not worth what these clowns are doing. Freaking psychos.