• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

Like I said-- my only issue is with the 2 or 3 women who work the counter at the branch. If I put something into the drop offs-- they get processed regularly. I can go to the other one but it is a hike and really only useful for very large package drop offs. Mostly I try to put stuff out through the home mailbox or drop it in the local bin.

It works. It is just something I had to deal with. One time I sent a something to Canada and it took forever to get there. A simple comic book holding type envelope -- nothing crazy. I had to deal with psycho 1 who really has a problem with people who print their own postage ( I think this is the extent of their problem). Even if you print it from the USPS site you are somehow annoying them. It is just goofy. But I have my work around in place.

Is there another branch you can go to?

+1

Or find one of those postal kiosks that are run out of another business?

I go to a USPS counter at the back of mobile pager store about 2 blocks from my house, much better experience than going to the actual post office.

Maybe you could stand outside the post office with a postal worker mannikin with a bucket on his head

Is there another branch you can go to?

+1

Or find one of those postal kiosks that are run out of another business?

I go to a USPS counter at the back of mobile pager store about 2 blocks from my house, much better experience than going to the actual post office.

This is what I usually do as well. They offer fed ex, usps and ups at one counter. And they are nice.

Only time I need an actual counter is to send something to Canada (Rare) or for very large packages. Otherwise-- I always print my own postage.

There is a UPS place fairly close I use occasionally to their shipping.

It's all good. Just gotta avoid the local USPS crazies.

I have a similar problem with a rotating cast of postal delivery persons & some of them are just brainless & almost outright hostile. If I have a package that needs signed for, I guarantee that I will get the pink slip (sometimes) rather than even a knock on the door or hitting the bell. This is WITH people here virtually all day every day.

I was once waiting for a shipment back from CGC & told the girlfriend to keep an eye out that day, and she literally chased the mailman down the street because he dropped boxes on the front stoop (in the rain) and didn't even bother to leave the slip. But marked the package as "attempted to deliver/ nobody home/ notice left" or something. Didn't even ring the bell & she was just inside the door. It's happened multiple times too. To the point that I called the main USPS customer service line & filed a complaint with them. They even did a review of that office & the service got worse as a result.

Though I do have 1 or 2 of my about 5 different postal carriers that are pretty good & always ring the bell if something needs signed for. I think it's because they hate having to walk up my driveway to the front door or up the stairs to the mailbox at the other end of my yard.

You cannot fight your carrier. You will never win. Kiss their spoon is your only option.

Good news-- my favorite postal carrier was working today and sure enough, the item was delivered one block over and she had it for me.

Crisis averted!

Nice, a happy ending! Anyone else use those jumbo size rural mail boxes? I installed one recently and it's so much less stressful. No worries about carriers bending deliveries in half because their to lazy to knock on the door and it can even fit the bigger boxes for graded books.

I'm actually quite nice to the carriers. Even left christmas cards with a gift card the past few years. Doesn't seem to help. I am cool with the manager of that particular branch office too.

It has gotten better though. Manager ended up firing 2 of the carriers that used to rotate onto my route though because they were getting a half-dozen complaints about them virtually every day on certain routes. Since it's a city route & they have to park their trucks & walk, if the route they were on that day had hills or they had to carry packages, they would half- the heck out of the whole route because they were lazy.

Good news-- my favorite postal carrier was working today and sure enough, the item was delivered one block over and she had it for me.

Crisis averted!

Nice, a happy ending! Anyone else use those jumbo size rural mail boxes? I installed one recently and it's so much less stressful. No worries about carriers bending deliveries in half because their to lazy to knock on the door and it can even fit the bigger boxes for graded books.

I would LOVE to be able to have an enormous mail box at the curb. But I am in a house that is part of a HOA that controls mailboxes (recently installed a new one in fact-- same size as before) as well as the exterior of the houses including paint and roofs. My landlord installed a new garage door and they repainted it to match all the other doors in the neighborhood. The roof replacement is built into the monthly HOA dues.

I used to have a clear plastic bin that I could put large packages in at the curb. But then one day some junker was going through the neighborhood (we have scheduled bulk waste pickup quarterly) and they took my box. It even had my address on it. Guess they needed it more than I did.

To the point that I called the main USPS customer service line & filed a complaint with them. They even did a review of that office & the service got worse as a result.

That's like sending your food back at a restaurant. :sick:

Crisis averted!

Our address is on NW 119th Street. We quite often have received mail for the same house number on NW 118th Street. If we do I just drive over and place them in the correct mailbox.

So I just got a message on eBay from someone asking for a discount claiming to be a disabled army veteran. Normally I am all for it since I have nothing but the highest respect for them. How do you guys normally handle these requests and verify that you're actually dealing with an army veteran? Would this be out of good faith?

However, after checking this guy's feedback history, I think I will hold back on doing any business with him. It's literally covered in red starting on page 2 and after.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&userid=goarmy12345&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&mPg=4&page=3

So I just got a message on eBay from someone asking for a discount claiming to be a disabled army veteran. Normally I am all for it since I have nothing but the highest respect for them. How do you guys normally handle these requests and verify that you're actually dealing with an army veteran? Would this be out of good faith?

However, after checking this guy's feedback history, I think I will hold back on doing any business with him. It's literally covered in red starting on page 2 and after.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&userid=goarmy12345&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&mPg=4&page=3

That's lame.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate anyone who has served in the military.

But do they do it to serve our country, or to get paid?

My brother in law and his wife are in the air force and are WELL taken care of.