• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

People here seriously worrying about low ball offers? Thats weak sauce.

Buyers that don't pay, cancel transactions after comic is sent are more serious tactics.

I may be the only one but low ball offers don't bother me much. I just decline and keep going with my day.

Buyers that don't pay, cancel transactions after comic is sent are more serious tactics.

I may be the only one but low ball offers don't bother me much. I just decline and keep going with my day.

I've said it before: people who aren't bothered by ridiculous lowball offers either don't sell at all, or don't sell very much.

When you have something for sale for $300, and FMV is in that neighborhood, $30 isn't within the realm of reasonable, and is a complete waste of time, especially when $30 is about half COST.

It's a waste...of...time. If it's not a waste of the buyer's time, fine. Great. Maybe you'll hook the idjit that lists something for $2000, but will settle for $50 (real offer, by the way.)

But it is a waste of the seller's time, who took the time to come up with a price and list the item, to be met with 70, 80, 90% off offers...most especially if the asking price is within the realm of FMV. It's disrespectful and contemptuous to not even bother making a reasonable offer.

No one would dare do something like that in the real world, yet it abounds on eBay.

I've said it before: people who aren't bothered by ridiculous lowball offers either don't sell at all, or don't sell very much.

When you have something for sale for $300, and FMV is in that neighborhood, $30 isn't within the realm of reasonable, and is a complete waste of time, especially when $30 is about half COST.

It's a waste...of...time. If it's not a waste of the buyer's time, fine. Great. Maybe you'll hook the idjit that lists something for $2000, but will settle for $50 (real offer, by the way.)

But it is a waste of the seller's time, who took the time to come up with a price and list the item, to be met with 70, 80, 90% off offers...most especially if the asking price is within the realm of FMV. It's disrespectful and contemptuous to not even bother making a reasonable offer.

No one would dare do something like that in the real world, yet it abounds on eBay.

I've seen LCS owners do it to me .... but yeah-- it was a real waste of time. I think when they see you drag all those boxes in, they figure there is no way you will drag them back out.

That's not the same scenario.

some people enjoy complaining -- it's a thing

The reasoning behind having the best offer and not setting the auto-reject has been explained before, at great and exhaustive length. If people want to call it "complaining", they either don't understand it, or don't want to understand it. The information is there; it need only be digested. But it can only be done by those willing to understand in the first place. No willingness, no understanding.

This isn't some super-special, above-and-beyond heroic behavior that's being asked of potential buyers, here; it's just common courtesy.

The reasoning behind having the best offer and not setting the auto-reject has been explained before, at great and exhaustive length. If people want to call it "complaining", they either don't understand it, or don't want to understand it. The information is there; it need only be digested. But it can only be done by those willing to understand in the first place. No willingness, no understanding.

This isn't some super-special, above-and-beyond heroic behavior that's being asked of potential buyers, here; it's just common courtesy.

So anyone who doesn't see it your way is just unwilling to understand? :roflmao:

Yes I agree.

The auto decline function is marvelous.

Really don't care about the logic of offer less then 50% most of those buyers % wise are not going to be buys unless you are a very motivated seller on items you have probably overpriced.

If that philosophy works for you great, but a lot of times its just a waste of time for both of us.

Edited by Fastballspecial

So anyone who doesn't see it your way is just unwilling to understand? :roflmao:

A lot of times yes. And great detail will follow to tell you why. lol

And this, folks, is how you let your personal opinion about someone completely cloud your ability to reason. No, no, reason is NOT allowed when so-and-so says something. Nyet!

Ahhh, people...

No. That's not what I said. But you knew that, and aren't interested in a reasonable discussion, so...there you have it.

The reasoning behind having the best offer and not setting the auto-reject has been explained before, at great and exhaustive length. If you were interested in having an honest discussion, rather than just scoring points, maybe we could get somewhere.

Add personal vendetta to the list of only valid reasons to disagree with you. (thumbs u

Is that a reasoned reply? Is that you, trying to have an honest discussion, giving someone the benefit of the doubt, being open and willing to consider other people's points of view?

Or is it you, repeating what isn't true, to score points?

Shall we play games about where we stand forever?

And this, folks, is how you let your personal opinion about someone completely cloud your ability to reason. No, no, reason is NOT allowed when so-and-so says something. Nyet!

Ahhh, people...

I was just :baiting:

I gave my thoughts on low bidders. You don't seem able to accept my thoughts without assuming there is either a lack of understanding or a personal agenda. Whatever floats your boat.

Of course, that's not what you did at all. You didn't give your thoughts on "low bidders" (I think you mean lowballers?) You gave your thoughts on people who complain about lowballers, saying it "seemed silly to you" to complain if you have best offer and won't set auto-decline, despite the fact that there are, in fact, valid reasons for sellers to do just that.

Nothing to do with saying you don't understand because you disagree with me, but that didn't stop you from making that claim, which wasn't reasonable. I don't care IF you disagree with me. I care HOW you disagree with me.

Immense, tremendous difference.

When I see a best offer listing, I'm thinking the seller is willing to take less.

Offering $270 on a $300 book sounds reasonable to me.

Most of the time books are listed way above gpa anyway.

I hit em with a best offer that's more in line with recent sales.

I had the same issue with suziejenn. Buyer purchased a Walking Dead #100 2x Signed and then a day later PayPal informs me that the payment was not authorized by the buyer.

Mine was a WD 4 2x signed.

As I saw the positive feedback going up I decided to contact ebay before this joker could do this to more of us.

Same thing, same buyer (suziejenn), for a WD 3x signed.

PP informed me that the "spouse" did not recognize the charge on the cc.

this is the 4th time i sell that item . 1st time $110 , 2nd time $100 3rd #$137 (for some reason last buyer didn´t use best offer) now the price is $135 best offer so its in the price range

Making an $8 offer for a $135 item is an insult so users like vikescomics who behaves like that are blocked from my list

I have ethe auto reject and its good but when a buyer goes to my items and see i rejected 3 offers they can think i am a difficult seller and that´s not good for business...

Edited by Mijael.Levy