• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

How would you guys handle this:

Had someone offer on a book, I accepted it. About 5 days later after I re-prompted with a second invoice I get an msg saying he has no money and hopes I don't force him to pay. I reply I can't force him to pay and open up a non paying bidder to get my fees back, he then pays quickly and sends me a novel about how him not having money isn't my problem and he does want the book so he paid.

I don't want to be the guy that makes someone eat KD so I sent him a msg saying exactly that and just opened the case to get my FVF back if he doesn't want it he will have to cancel it on his end. I haven't heard back and that was 48hrs ago...Do I ship the book? If no how long do I wait?

Someone just made me an offer... I accepted the offer...

"I won't be able to pay until after 2/1"

Whatevs... doesn't make them a bad person. I am keeping in mind what RMA once said. In the old days before paypal we used to wait over a week for a check or money order to arrive in the mail.

Whatevs... doesn't make them a bad person. I am keeping in mind what RMA once said. In the old days before paypal we used to wait over a week for a check or money order to arrive in the mail.

I don't mind waiting but it should be disclosed before the offering. If its not it often results in a NPB.

2/1 is a long time away... :shy:

Yes nothing wrong with waiting. Just put it in your TOS that after so many days you will file with ebay to collect your fees. That way if you have to do it you can say it was in my TOS to begin with.

Yes nothing wrong with waiting. Just put it in your TOS that after so many days you will file with ebay to collect your fees. That way if you have to do it you can say it was in my TOS to begin with.

The buyer just messaged me to say that she has car trouble and will not be able to get the item. Keep in mind that they didn't just hit BIN, they made an offer that I accepted. I didn't bother countering as it was a fair offer. Oh well.

On the comics front... I offered a book over here for $275 with not a single tire kicker. I put it up on eBay and it just sold for $315. Despite the flaws, eBay continues to work for me.

ADVICE NEEDED ON HOW TO HANDLE THIS:

Low-feedback buyer puts a bid on item on Wednesday.

Today he retracts the bid and the reason stated is "Seller changed the description of the item"

I have not changed ANYTHING about this item since he put the bid in and the only thing I changed was to lower the price last week.

What can/should I do?

ETA: IMO, this buyer should be blocked because of Bogus Shenanigans like that: boatw_jo

How would you guys handle this:

Had someone offer on a book, I accepted it. About 5 days later after I re-prompted with a second invoice I get an msg saying he has no money and hopes I don't force him to pay. I reply I can't force him to pay and open up a non paying bidder to get my fees back, he then pays quickly and sends me a novel about how him not having money isn't my problem and he does want the book so he paid.

I don't want to be the guy that makes someone eat KD so I sent him a msg saying exactly that and just opened the case to get my FVF back if he doesn't want it he will have to cancel it on his end. I haven't heard back and that was 48hrs ago...Do I ship the book? If no how long do I wait?

Ship the book AND throw in a few boxes of KD. ;)

ADVICE NEEDED ON HOW TO HANDLE THIS:

Low-feedback buyer puts a bid on item on Wednesday.

Today he retracts the bid and the reason stated is "Seller changed the description of the item"

I have not changed ANYTHING about this item since he put the bid in and the only thing I changed was to lower the price last week.

What can/should I do?

ETA: IMO, this buyer should be blocked because of Bogus Shenanigans like that: boatw_jo

Guy probably misread your listing & changed his mind after realizing that he misread it. Probably just picked a reason to retract.

Edited by Doktor

Adding this one to the blocked list:

will8859_kkfue0

Made a bid on a Saturday, auction ended on a Sunday, we sent a reminder on Tuesday, we opened a case on Wednesday, we closed case today. Wasted a week of our time, why...we'll never know.

That is dumb and frustrating...

But this kinda reminded me of the Solomon Grundy song lol

Disney_fun123

Bid on a four figure book on 2/13 and I accepted within about an hour of bid.

Gentle reminder sent on 2/17 and got no response.

My listings clearly state that payment should be made within 3 days. I'm fine if they contact me first with a reasonable delay but he didn't.

Waste of time.