• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, comicquant said:

Just curious...  what does the buyer consider too much for shipping?

It was for a 2lb 4oz package shipped priority from NY to California.  Came out to be $17.15 via priority.

they asked for priority shipping 

you can check on the USPS site yourself.

the only thing I can think of is the person plans to crack out the book immediately and figures the case will act as a form of protection itself. But I can't see how you can fit the slab into a flat rate envelope in the first place. But most likely they are inexperienced and/or cheap.

Even if they were planning on this-- I would stick to your guns on the packaging requirements since if they are unhappy, you might get back a busted up slab on return. Might even consider cancelling the sale on them since if they do request a return, seems like they plan on shipping cheaply.

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

It was for a 2lb 4oz package shipped priority from NY to California.  Came out to be $17.15 via priority.

they asked for priority shipping 

you can check on the USPS site yourself.

I know that's the rate and also that a bubble envelope is ridiculous, but to be honest that's kind of high for a single slab. I've always been able to pack a single slab securely in a box and keep the weight from going over 2 lbs, which would be $12.75 coast to coast.

1 hour ago, Pontoon said:

I know that's the rate and also that a bubble envelope is ridiculous, but to be honest that's kind of high for a single slab. I've always been able to pack a single slab securely in a box and keep the weight from going over 2 lbs, which would be $12.75 coast to coast.

I agree with this. Unless it is international shipping or a high dollar book, over 2 lbs. seems like excessive packaging for 1 slab. I agree that the coast to coast shipping is often a bummer. I've had to eat portions of shipping costs many times for listings with fixed price shipping.

I see coasttocoastcomics is already on the list. To add to the comments on this seller, the worst comic deal I ever made on Ebay was due to this seller. He was selling a Daredevil #2, claiming it was 9.0 grade, and that he was an "Overstreet Price Guide advisor", "CGC dealer" etc. trying to sound like he is a professional grader. When I got the comic, I could see a crease on the bottom right corner that wasn't really visible in the pictures, but I thought it might be able to get pressed out. Anyway, I sent the comic to CGC to get both pressed and graded and it came back 7.0 grade. I contacted coasttocoastcomics to let them know how severely overgraded this comic was and asked if he was willing to work with me on either a return or partial refund, since I basically overpaid for this comic by at least $200. His reply was, tough luck, not my problem.

7 hours ago, Pontoon said:

After being boxed the new slabs are weighing in at over 2lbs.  The older ones are coming in at just under 2lbs.  After what I have learned over the years from this forum I would rather make sure every item is received in the condition advertised rather than simply make a sale. 

The $6 Flat rate bubble mailer thing was kind of ridiculous though.  I cannot imagine sending a slab that way.

socal_comiksnstuff

One thing I can't stand are sellers who choose not to use adequate packaging to protect books in transit and then justify it by stating that they have never had a book arrive damaged and if so just return for refund.  This seller shipped this book just like this and stands by his means of packaging.  I post this here in case anybody wants to block this seller and or put on their do not buy list.

thrilling.jpg

Edited by Gatchaman

36 minutes ago, Gatchaman said:

I post this here in case anybody wants to block this seller and or put on their do not buy list.

You need to list the seller.  :gossip:

42 minutes ago, RidersRohan said:

eBay user: tlccomics.

Purchased Monstress #1 CGC 9.8 from me.  8 days after delivery left the following negative feedback: "HUGE MASSIVE CRACK ACROSS THE CASE BOTTOM. USELESS TO ME IN THIS CONDITION."  

Anyone who has bought from me is well aware of how carefully and damage proof  I pack comics. Anyways, no attempt was made to contact me to rectify the situation.  At the same time, the negative feedback was left, the buyer sent me the following message: "WTF, CASE HAS A HUGE CRACK ACROSS THE BACK AND BOTTOM. I DONT THINK YOU SENT IT THAT WAY BUT DELIVERY GUYS MUST HAVE BANGED IT AROUND GOOD"

So, tlccomics even recognizes that it was damaged during shipping, yet still gave me negative feedback.

So a CGC case with a crack is completely "useless?" Too bad CGC doesn't have some kind of Reholder service. :grin:

4 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

So a CGC case with a crack is completely "useless?" Too bad CGC doesn't have some kind of Reholder service. :grin:

I know!!  However, I am going to retract this post for the following reason.  As I was stumbling around eBay looking for the page that would allow me to reply to his negative feedback, I found an option that allowed me to actually request that the buyer change his feedback.  He changed the feedback to positive with the following message"Seller was reasonable and damaged item likely result of delivery."  I am going to try to delete my original post.  Obviously, these quotes will be here, but anyways. 

There should be a 'want to leave a negative guide."

Personally I always give a seller the opportunity to fix the problem.  Negatives are left when they do not respond at all and blow me off. It is one thing to encounter a seller that never has a problem.  To me they are just lucky since there are so many things that can go wrong in the shipping process that is outside of the seller's control. 

It is how the seller addresses those issues that I pay attention to. 

11 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

There should be a 'want to leave a negative guide."

Personally I always give a seller the opportunity to fix the problem.  Negatives are left when they do not respond at all and blow me off. It is one thing to encounter a seller that never has a problem.  To me they are just lucky since there are so many things that can go wrong in the shipping process that is outside of the seller's control. 

It is how the seller addresses those issues that I pay attention to. 

Me too. I have had more than one slab arrived damaged.  I contacted sealer and worked it out.  

One to block  popritchie . Buys Infinity gauntlet 1,3 and 5. Then tells me he can't pay for the items but kindly tells me I should no doubt be able to sell them as second chance offers. Then messages me again to tell me that If that doesn't work I will be able to get my seller fees back from ebay.

Wow thanks for the advice mate I've only been selling on Ebay for 14 years.

I offered if he needed time to pay then thats fine in reply he re offered me the above advice yet again.

I filed a non payer bid to get my fees back.

A proper time wasting c u next tuesday.