• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, mazman77 said:

Block con artist croniccrazy1 immediately! He won an auction on 3/26 that was shipped right after he paid on 3/27. He contacted me on 3/31 saying that the package didn't arrive but the tracking # said it was delivered that day. I told him that if the tracking # showed it was delivered then it must have been and is it possible that a family member or neighbor accepted them and he said no and he'll wait until the next day in case they show up. He contacted me 4/1 and said he got them but they're a day late for a gift and he wants a refund. I didn't even have a chance to reply and he messages me again saying they were damaged. I asked him to send pics and he did and t showed the box was crushed. I've been selling for over 10 years and never had a return nevermind a negative feedback or any damaged items so I was a bit surprised. I accepted the return and sent him a label and he sent them back and contacted me all week to remind me that I have to refund him. I got the package today and thought it seemed very light so I opened it and inside there were no comics but there was an envelope filled with Home Depot molding, two Oreos and a Starburst candy. You couldn't make this stuff up! I contacted ebay first and they said they were investigating. Meanwhile the guy must've been following the tracking and contacted me three times asking for the refund. When everything's said and done ebay sided with the buyer,  I received my first negative and I have to refund the buyer. 

I just looked at the feedback he's left, he's left 3 feedbacks, 2 are negs, the other one sounds like a neg. It also sounds like feedback extortion with one of the negs. I'd contact the security center, ask for a supervisor and see if they will at the very least remove the neg and perhaps even get rid of him. His name along is a clue. 

Sorry you had to go through all that, what was in the box sounds vaguely familiar, my guess is he's had another ID.

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I just looked at the feedback he's left, he's left 3 feedbacks, 2 are negs, the other one sounds like a neg. It also sounds like feedback extortion with one of the negs. I'd contact the security center, ask for a supervisor and see if they will at the very least remove the neg and perhaps even get rid of him. His name along is a clue. 

Sorry you had to go through all that, what was in the box sounds vaguely familiar, my guess is he's had another ID.

Actually just got off the phone with ebay and they said I might be eligible for a complimentary refund but no feedback removal and it'll take 48-72 hrs for a decision. I explained about the extortion and they said they'll look into it and get back to me. Really talking to ebay made me more aggravated because they're basically saying sellers have no protection against guys like this. I guess luckily it was only a $50 auction and not something more expensive but it's the negative that bothers me the most.

As I have said before being blocked by a bunch of members is devastating.  I have been blocked by exactly one seller over a misunderstanding and have missed out on 30 or so books I wanted over the years.  I cant imagine being blocked by a dozen or more sellers, some of which are high volume sellers.  Its gonna sting.  

I also advise everyone to set your ebay so you can receive messages from blocked members-that way if they contact you you get the satisfaction of linking them to the post showing their miscreant behavior which caused the block.  thats right buddy your actions had consequences.

I'm getting tired (I've been tired actually) of eBay letting these guys get away with this.  I know another seller not on the boards who is being extorted right now in the same manner over a raw asm 129 that's at least a 9.2.  I know karma will catch up with these people eventually but it would be nice to get immediate gratification every once in awhile but eBay is too concerned about getting their chunk to go after these people.  It's infuriating.

there's no easy solution.  If ebay just went on seller's word that he didnt receive book back, or sent the book, miscreants could cheat the hell out of people.  but I do think they should at least have some system in place-hey we have 3 different sellers saying this guy sent em a german newspaper-its time to shut him down.

26 minutes ago, mazman77 said:

Actually just got off the phone with ebay and they said I might be eligible for a complimentary refund but no feedback removal and it'll take 48-72 hrs for a decision. I explained about the extortion and they said they'll look into it and get back to me. Really talking to ebay made me more aggravated because they're basically saying sellers have no protection against guys like this. I guess luckily it was only a $50 auction and not something more expensive but it's the negative that bothers me the most.

You have good feedback and a great record, try bumping it up, ask for a supervisor, if you've spoken to one already ask for a manager. Just be calm and make notes. If you have pictures of what was in the box, offer to send it. 

If you have done all of this already, I apologize, in one of my past lives I was a call center manager, so I know how different people will give you different answers. It's frustrating, but you may get another answer.

yes many times I have had the ebay rep say 'yes I see here you are a good member here's what I can do for you-'.  They definitely take into account your record when they determine how much help they will give you.

11 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

You have good feedback and a great record, try bumping it up, ask for a supervisor, if you've spoken to one already ask for a manager. Just be calm and make notes. If you have pictures of what was in the box, offer to send it. 

If you have done all of this already, I apologize, in one of my past lives I was a call center manager, so I know how different people will give you different answers. It's frustrating, but you may get another answer.

Yeah I tried all of that and the best response I got was maybe they'll cover the refund but there's nothing they can do about the feedback.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

I'd call back

I'll give the rep a few days and see if she really calls back and take it from there. I was on the phone 4 times today about this bs and that was the best answer I got. If they cover the refund I'll be ok with that then I'll work on getting the feedback removed.

So I just got this message from the buyer.

Hello again.
I know this is probably strange to hear but I've had a change of heart and would like to cancel the return process and change your feedback to positive (5 stars).

If your ok with that, please send me a feedback revision, 

and I'm sorry for causing you any inconvenience.

2 minutes ago, mazman77 said:

So I just got this message from the buyer.

Hello again.
I know this is probably strange to hear but I've had a change of heart and would like to cancel the return process and change your feedback to positive (5 stars).

If your ok with that, please send me a feedback revision, 

and I'm sorry for causing you any inconvenience.

Does he want his piece of wood, Oreos and starburst back?  Be careful giving this clown any answer.

If he's saying he wants to reverse the refund after he sent you back a package then he is basically admitting to fraud.  Wonder if he saw this thread?