• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,601 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ovrclck said:

The problem is, he didn't bother with all the emails from Ebay stating that the comic was already shipped back and the seller tried to save face by saying I can keep the book and here is your refund.  I was patient and sincere and was just following protocol with the refund process.  

So this has happened before. He didn't care to let people know that he was away or that he knew he sold shoddy <insert manure reference> and used being away as an excuse to try to keep his stellar feedback rating.

Plain and simple, his excuse came much too late. It's on him to cross his t's and dot his i's before he went on holiday and neglected to set his account on vacation.

I appreciate everyone's opinions. 

Could you tell me your ebay name please?

2 hours ago, Ovrclck said:

Huh?? I filed a claim through Ebay that was ignored. Ebay told me to send the book back and I would receive my refund once the seller received it. 

So Ebay told you to send it back? Hmm, I would not have expected that. I didn't know that was their protocol. Good to know. 

I still think you might have jumped the gun first, but I can see getting a little antsy wanting a reply after several days of radio-silence. 

Just now, jcjames said:

So Ebay told you to send it back? Hmm, I would not have expected that. I didn't know that was their protocol. Good to know. 

I still think you might have jumped the gun first, but I can see getting a little antsy wanting a reply after several days of radio-silence. 

Yes sir. After Ebay stepped in, they produced a return label for me. 

If it was several days, that would be a different story, but it ended up being 12 days. 

1 minute ago, Ovrclck said:

Yes sir. After Ebay stepped in, they produced a return label for me. 

If it was several days, that would be a different story, but it ended up being 12 days. 

12 days... yeah, that's long enough of dead-air to warrant a call to Ebay

I get that you are upset but we are talking about a $13 purchase of a single comic here (that is including shipping).

Spoiler

You made it sound like this is some huge transaction where you got wronged. 12 days! OMG-- what a rude seller! Shame on them for not taping a bag correctly--- lock them up and throw away the key. A comic has been harmed in this transaction-- let's gather a posse and hunt down this lunatic.

And based on a quick look at the sellers feedback, I would tend to wonder if something terrible has recently happened to set them into "Don't give a F" mode about EVERYTHING  including ebay sales/communication. You know-- like someone they know died or some other actual tragedy perhaps a little more intense than a comic book being shipped not to someones standards. Just because they might have a  store on ebay does not mean they are some large enterprise. The person has less than 100 books listed.

yes this also happened to me-recalcitrant seller who wanted to argue and ebay told me just ignore them and return item.  when tracking shows delivered, we will force refund.

Edited by kav

4 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I get that you are upset but we are talking about a $13 purchase of a single comic here (that is including shipping).

Reveal hidden contents

You made it sound like this is some huge transaction where you got wronged. 12 days! OMG-- what a rude seller! Shame on them for not taping a bag correctly--- lock them up and throw away the key. A comic has been harmed in this transaction-- let's gather a posse and hunt down this lunatic.

And based on a quick look at the sellers feedback, I would tend to wonder if something terrible has recently happened to set them into "Don't give a F" mode about EVERYTHING  including ebay sales/communication. You know-- like someone they know died or some other actual tragedy perhaps a little more intense than a comic book being shipped not to someones standards. Just because they might have a  store on ebay does not mean they are some large enterprise. The person has less than 100 books listed.

I'm not upset at all. I'm just taken back by his response. It doesn't matter if I spent $1.00 or $500.00 on said comic, it all boils down to his responsibility as a businessman.  So he gets a hall pass for being a irresponsible seller? He said he was on vacation not that he had a death in the family. 

Edited by Ovrclck
reworded

yep.  I never leave bad feedback but the one time I did was when I was completely ignored by seller when a book never arrived.  Later I felt bad when the book arrived 4 weeks later and offered to remove feedback, but once again he just ignored me so I left it.

12 minutes ago, kav said:

yep.  I never leave bad feedback but the one time I did was when I was completely ignored by seller when a book never arrived.  Later I felt bad when the book arrived 4 weeks later and offered to remove feedback, but once again he just ignored me so I left it.

We're not mind readers. Would be cool if we could possess that ability, one can wish right? 

46 minutes ago, Ovrclck said:

I'm not upset at all. I'm just taken back by his response. It doesn't matter if I spent $1.00 or $500.00 on said comic, it all boils down to his responsibility as a businessman.  So he gets a hall pass for being a irresponsible seller? He said he was on vacation not that he had a death in the family. 

This was the first response he gave you: "

Hello, Sorry, I was out of town and just saw this message. I went ahead and refunded the money. I also noticed you left a negative feedback. If you could please revise your feedback accordingly as I gave you the book for free it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Ovrclck said:

Glad to hear it wasn't something terrible. But in the same light-- some guy is on vacation taking a break from life and you expect them to keep track of some $13 sale as if his life depended upon it?

I think I know who is being unreasonable here.

You may feel that buying from ebay is the same as buying from a corporation but it is not. It is a huge yard sale. And to make it like you were ignored by someone who didn't respond to you after you received the goods when they did in fact talk to you after the vacation was over. Bottom line-- people have lives and you are acted like a your 7.99 comic book (4.99 shipping) is somehow the end of the world. I would not doubt it if people are blocking you instead.

23 minutes ago, RidersRohan said:

This was the first response he gave you: "

Hello, Sorry, I was out of town and just saw this message. I went ahead and refunded the money. I also noticed you left a negative feedback. If you could please revise your feedback accordingly as I gave you the book for free it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

An excuse doesn't excuse what happened. It was 2 and a half weeks.

13 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

Glad to hear it wasn't something terrible. But in the same light-- some guy is on vacation taking a break from life and you expect them to keep track of some $13 sale as if his life depended upon it?

I think I know who is being unreasonable here.

You may feel that buying from ebay is the same as buying from a corporation but it is not. It is a huge yard sale. And to make it like you were ignored by someone who didn't respond to you after you received the goods when they did in fact talk to you after the vacation was over. Bottom line-- people have lives and you are acted like a your 7.99 comic book (4.99 shipping) is somehow the end of the world. I would not doubt it if people are blocking you instead.

Two and a half weeks later with no response, it doesn't matter if it was a $4.99 or $499.00 comic. You're acting like I gave him no grace or mercy. All it takes is a quick message, "hey, I'm heading out of town for blah blah, just wanted to let you know in case you encounter any difficulties." Is that so hard?

What if I ended up not paying for two weeks"sorry but I was on vacation". It goes both ways.

Edited by Ovrclck

I hear you dude but conversely if I went on vacation I would still check my emails and stuff.  Unless you are vacationing in the adirondacks or something you can like go to starbucks and use their wireless.