• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,601 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2017 at 10:52 AM, Ovrclck said:

Here's one of my recent transactions.  I've been an Ebay member since 2006. I probably have left less than 5 negs total. 

I don't think I did anything wrong. ???

Just for the record. It took you 12 days, yes, 12 days to get a response back. What kind of business are you running?

3-14
Comic received, initial question to you
3-15
Return process started
"If you don't hear back from the seller or you can't work things out, you can ask us to step in and help starting on Mar 21, 2017"
3-21
Asked Ebay to assist, still nothing from you
3-26
You refunded me after I already shipped back your product. 

I'm not a mind reader nor Charles Xavier. If you don't communicate, we the buyers have no clue what's going on. Have a nice day :)

Fair enough, I will go ahead and block you from being able to bid on the items from us in the future. As you can see from our feedback you and one other person from when I was away was the only time I've ever had bad feedback. I'm glad you felt the need to try and cause harm to our reputation when there was no one around to awnswer your question fast enough . Have a great day.

Hi there.

When I didn't receive a timely response,I opened a case with eBay stating the issue with the comic and asked them for assistance since I wasn't getting any response from you. I already shipped it back before you even gave me the refund. I'm leaving the feedback as is.
Thank you

Hello, Sorry, I was out of town and just saw this message. I went ahead and refunded the money. I also noticed you left a negative feedback. If you could please revise your feedback accordingly as I gave you the book for free it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi there,

I hate to bother you. I just received the Low 1 in the mail and have a couple concerns. 

There is some damage to the corners due to the bag not being secured down with tape. The flap on the poly bag was not taped down to the back side which caused the comic book to jump around. 

I'm contacting you first to get your feedback on how I should proceed.

Thank you.

12 days-- your own words--- stop making this out worse than it was-- you freaked out over nothing and are not someone I would deal with based on that.

I understand leaving the negative feedback to start with. However, once the seller finally corrected his mistake, I think you should remove the negative feedback. Leaving a negative there permanently should only be done for a seller who refuses to ever fix the issue. No need to leave it there just out of spite, IMO.

Am I seeing this wrong?

Buyer orders book.

Book arrives packed poorly and is damaged (seller fault #1)

Buyer immediately notifies seller of problem.

Seller doesn't post any notification that he'll be unresponsive/out-of-town (seller fault #2) and so seller doesn't respond for 12 days (seller fault #3).

When buyer eventually initiates a return following Ebay's policy, then the seller finally responds, gives refund, and then gets pissy at the seller for leaving a neg-fb and not changing it after seller was frustrated by seller's 12 days of radio-silence. 

Seller eventually tried to make good by giving refund and asked for revised feedback, buyer says no.

Hmm... revised feedback is also an important indicator to look at that shows a seller IS indeed willing to resolve a mistake/problem on his part that initially got him a neg-fb.

IMO, a revised feedback with a comment noting the delay in shipping, but still positive because seller DID try to resolve the issue with refund.

Edited by jcjames
typo

There was no delay in shipping, just communication.

I didn't read the sellers initial comments as pissy either. We've heard one side of the story also (though I did get a note from the seller when I pointed out this was going on).

Bear in mind this is over a very minor purchase - while the guy said he was on vacation and had no idea (according to what he responded with) until he got back. Can we really get all over someone for offering the book for free and a full refund simply because they didn't get back to the buyer after multiple messages were sent? I mean-- if you were in say some place like Hawaii and basically unplugging from the world and spending time with your family-- are you really all that concerned about some under $10 purchase of a comic book? If so-- I think some priorities might be out of whack here. The guy had TWO situations pop up during that time-- and took care of it when he got back. Both purchases were minor league imo.

I keep hearing people say it doesn't matter if it were a dollar or 500 dollars. Uh-- yeah-- it does matter. A $500 book-- I am getting nervous that I just got ripped off in a big way. Something under ten or even 20 bucks-- I think I can relax a little and let it play out for a bit. That is my attitude when I buy something - granted I have never bought something that expensive ($500+) comic-wise-- but being reasonable is a two way street.

Just my opinion-- not saying it is the only way to go but we aren't talking about as seller who is doing high volume (despite having a store) or one with huge feedback numbers. In the note-- he said,

"The same vacation I came
Back to 2 negative feedback I literally refunded the same day I got back and saw it."

"I've done hundreds of transactions with no issues. But you can't win them all".

Customer service is everything, even online and even for $``13 books. Granted a $500 damaged item followed by 12 days of dead-air from the seller would certainly make me a lot more "concerned", but still.

Last summer I did go to Hawaii for 10 days (they do have wifi there) but before I left I put up a big notice on every item saying basically "Any items purchased between 7/1 and 7/12 will be shipped on 7/13".... ( I don't have an ebay store so I can't set universal vacation settings).

Another time I went to the Grand Canyon for a 3-day backpacking trip (now down there you do NOT have wifi) and a guy bought a book and messaged me about it - I didn't get the message for almost three days... and by that time he had sent at least three messages and was already hinting at neg-fb for non-responsiveness. When I finally got out of the canyon I messaged him back, explained where I was and it was all good.

I agree in this current situation though, the seller eventually refunded and explained and so if it were me, I'd revise the neg-fb. But that's just me. YMMV.

Communication. Good communication can solve so many problems. There is one seller I know of who is absolutely horrendous, immediately offensive and completely over-the-top insulting to buyers online... and his fb, his business and his reputation suffer for it as it should.

704chief333

He sent a slab in padded envelope, which broke in transit. Refuses to give refund. I have been fighting with ebay for a month because he ships from a different address then the one on his account.

Edited by TYPE-R