• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

Looks like we have a winner!

So...couple of observations:

1. Nowhere in that listing does the seller state the condition of the item.

2. While the book is not "9.4" as the buyer claims the seller offered, neither is it even remotely a 4.0.

3. Seller does not accept returns, which is, under current eBay policy, almost red meat to those who want to teach a seller a lesson.

4. The seller's feedback isn't perfect, but neither is it particularly egregious.

5. The communication and shipping time stars need much work.

And, as a note to every seller on eBay: never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, under ANY circumstances, for ANY reason, be anything less than absolutely 100% completely gracious in your replies to negative feedback. Any sort of defensiveness makes you look really bad, always, no exceptions. There is NO way to state anything, in 80 characters, that will adequately explain the situation in your favor. The best thing you can do for your business is say "We are sorry that you were unhappy with your purchase. We will work harder to earn your trust."

...or some such pablum, whether you mean it or not. Anyone who bothers to look will be reassured, and you'll make the buyer...no matter what they say...look like a heel.

Not true...I didn't state the condition... he did... I just said 9.4 because that is what he said in older post

On 9/2/2018 at 11:49 AM, DiamondCityComics said:
On 9/2/2018 at 11:43 AM, MustEatBrains said:

What condition book did you sell him?  He sent you back a mess.  He lives in my state, lucky for him he uses a PO box, he deserves a bat to the kneecaps.

I just said high grade it would graded out 9.4 to 9.6 for sure.  Not an expensive book thank goodness. 

So, to give the benefit of the doubt, I went back and checked to see what the seller said. While the ASM #301 in the pics is decent, it's not a 9.4 to 9.6 for sure with that 1/2 to 3/4" or so color breaking crease along the bottom edge of the back cover. It doesn't look much worse than a 9.0, which is "typical eBay" for 9.4 to 9.6.

That said, the pictured book is nowhere near a 4.0

THAT said, however, there is still no condition given in the description. 

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

On 9/8/2018 at 9:41 AM, DiamondCityComics said:

Still sticking to your story tenofusvsyou?? Here's a message you sent on ebay after the 1st claim failed.  Once again you claim it was damaged and arrived late.  How did you forget to mention the fake book??  Probably a slight oversight while you were checking it out right, :roflmao:

tenofusvsyou:

The book is damaged and arrived very late....it was suppose to be a birthday gift.... so you have a choice refund $10 or the whole thing plus you pay for shipping

Your previous message

Hi I truly apologize for the delay!! I know what happened, I had a cancellation on a comic number 101 so I removed it from the shipping pile but I must have grabbed the 301. I just found it and it was shipped, again sorry for the mistake!!

tenofusvsyou:

Was this shipped?

Exactly.

Jvales/tenofus/psycholiar is hoist on his own petard.

Damaged and late... but no mention of it being an Archie book with a ASM photocopy cover. Even willing to ACCEPT it and keep it and close the case if he gets ten bucks out of it.

Liar.

Liar.

Pants on fire.

Name is on the blocked-buyer list on one of the biggest comicbook boards on the webs and will forever be so.

crook liar thief .

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Pouring myself another glass of wine. 

Isn't it a little early in the NYC for wine...? Sun's not even down yet.

That said, if you're a fan of the cured meat, and you haven't had it yet...I HIGHLY recommend that HF beef summer sausage. Heavy, as all cured meats, on the salt, but...to die for. Get some cheese and crackers, and you're in heaven. I recommend a variety, including a good brie, a mild cheddar, and even a dry mozzarella. For crackers, I would pick Pepperidge Farm golden butter crackers.

And a solid cab would pair quite nicely with the sausage. Try 2015 Chalk Hill Cab Sauv. 

I've just summer partied myself to oblivion.

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Isn't it a little early in the NYC for wine...? Sun's not even down yet.

That said, if you're a fan of the cured meat, and you haven't had it yet...I HIGHLY recommend that HF beef summer sausage. Heavy, as all cured meats, on the salt, but...to die for. Get some cheese and crackers, and you're in heaven. I recommend a variety, including a good brie, a mild cheddar, and even a dry mozzarella. For crackers, I would pick Pepperidge Farm golden butter crackers.

And a solid cab would pair quite nicely with the sausage. Try 2015 Chalk Hill Cab Sauv. 

I've just summer partied myself to oblivion.

I go here to get most of my stash... 

https://www.ibfoods.com/

1 minute ago, jcjames said:

Exactly.

Jvales/tenofus/psycholiar is hoist on his own petard.

Damaged and late... but no mention of it being an Archie book with a ASM photocopy cover. Even willing to ACCEPT it and keep it and close the case if he gets ten bucks out of it.

Liar.

Liar.

Pants on fire.

Name is on the blocked-buyer list on one of the biggest comicbook boards on the webs and will forever be so.

crook liar thief .

I never seen a archie comic????

2 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Even willing to ACCEPT it and keep it and close the case if he gets ten bucks out of it.

Yes, lets have an answer to this. wrong book. damaged. but you'll keep if if the sell sends you $10.00 for what, to start up a comic business?

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I go here to get most of my stash... 

https://www.ibfoods.com/

They look good, too. The further south you go in Europe, the better the food.

The Brits and the Germans eat gross stuff, like blood pudding, herring salad, and haggis. I mean, really, who would think dissolving fish in LYE, like the Swedish, would make something edible...?

:sick:

The Italians and the Greeks, on the other hand, know how to make delicious, non-disgusting food.

:cloud9:

5 minutes ago, Venom Justice said:
8 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Yes, lets have an answer to this. wrong book. damaged. but you'll keep if if the sell sends you $10.00 for what, to start up a comic business?

Because maybe he would do it since he sent me a much lower grade .... it wasn't for me. It was supposed to be a gift

So, you're saying he DIDN'T send the book that was pictured...?

6 minutes ago, Venom Justice said:

Because maybe he would do it since he sent me a much lower grade .... it wasn't for me. It was supposed to be a gift

So was your plan to give the gift recipient the 4.0/archie book plus the $10 dollars?

Edited by kav