• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, cms1 said:

Nope they did not pay yet, so I lucked out.  One more day and it would have went to unpaid claim case.

Ebay dings you for canceling orders. If you cancel to many they can take away your selling privileges. I would’ve let it go to a unpaid item. Then it’s  on them & doesn’t effect your stats. 

57 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Ebay dings you for canceling orders. If you cancel to many they can take away your selling privileges. I would’ve let it go to a unpaid item. Then it’s  on them & doesn’t effect your stats. 

Only if "it's out of stock or can't find".. but not if you select "buyer asked to cancel order"

20 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Seller requested or I would have just let it go to unpaid.

Edited by cms1

5 hours ago, cms1 said:

Seller requested or I would have just let it go to unpaid.

Yes, but you don’t have to honor the buyers request. Let them eat an unpaid item case if that’s what it is. They’re the ones who agreed to buy an item and backed out with no good reason. 

Edited by Corona smith

I completely disagree. If the buyer requests to cancel, better to cancel than to try and force them to pay. Always a possibility they will get mad that you aren't cancelling, pay for the item, wait for it to arrive, then claim they are unhappy and force a return. In other words, why risk a difficult customer making your even more miserable. It's not worth it.

1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

Yes, but you don’t have to honor the buyers request. Let them eat an unpaid item case if that’s what it is. They’re the ones who agreed to buy an item and backed out with no good reason. 

Nothing happens so doesn't matter. They can have 300 unpaid item cases and are still bidding. For seller I don't know. You wouldn't think Ebay would suspend someone from selling since that is how they get paid but they are so terrible it wouldn't surprise me. I don't have many or any issues on there. I don't do returns. When they took away the 20% I took a stand. The 10% isn't worth it to me. I go out of my way to show defects and ship safe so no issues. It cost me $ but once a book is sold I don't want to ever see it again. If they make accepting returns mandatory I will probably be done selling on ebay. That day will come soon I figure. If they raise fees or something I am gone. It's a last resort for me as is. Only list on there if that is where it needs to be to get top $. Mainly my drek goes on ebay and just sits there until the 1 person in the world looking for it buys it. 

Add fantasticbeast47 to the list of scammers.

He bought a comic.

Tracking showed that he received it.

He filed a PayPal claim that he didn't get it. 

I google his mailing address and it comes up in Amazon seller threads as someone running an "empty box" scam.

I present that info to PayPal. Along with delivery confirmation.

They rule in favor of...the scammer. 

:frustrated:

So, let me get this straight. All a person has to do is tell PP that they didn't receive the item? Even if tracking says otherwise? And what, exactly, is to prevent someone from doing this with a multi-thousand dollar item?

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

So, let me get this straight. All a person has to do is tell PP that they didn't receive the item? Even if tracking says otherwise? And what, exactly, is to prevent someone from doing this with a multi-thousand dollar item?

That's exactly what happened. It was a $400 book. I'd heard of this happening to other people. First time it's happened to me.

2 hours ago, MatterEaterLad said:

Add fantasticbeast47 to the list of scammers.

He bought a comic.

Tracking showed that he received it.

He filed a PayPal claim that he didn't get it. 

I google his mailing address and it comes up in Amazon seller threads as someone running an "empty box" scam.

I present that info to PayPal. Along with delivery confirmation.

They rule in favor of...the scammer. 

:frustrated:

That's ridiculous! I'm sorry stuff like this is not only allowed to happen, but tacitly enabled.  :S

13 minutes ago, Gaard said:

I think this is another reason to stop using Ebay and go with one of the auction sites. Let them deal with the Jackwagons out there.

Selling on fleeBay is all about how much risk you’re willing to take of being scammed and having no recourse.  Personally, I’ve seen enough of these stories to keep my selling to 100 bucks or less.  I sell my other books either here or through one of my trusted consignment people.

14 minutes ago, OuterboroGuy said:

Question:  Is there an actual way to "block" specific buyers on eBay?  Or do you just do a manual scan every time you sell something?

Enter the username in "Buyer/bidder Management" 

https://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html

31 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Selling on fleeBay is all about how much risk you’re willing to take of being scammed and having no recourse.  Personally, I’ve seen enough of these stories to keep my selling to 100 bucks or less.  I sell my other books either here or through one of my trusted consignment people.

That's exactly what I do. Anything over a certain dollar amount goes to an auction house.

3 hours ago, MatterEaterLad said:

That's exactly what happened. It was a $400 book. I'd heard of this happening to other people. First time it's happened to me.

Did you send the comic at the address shown in the paypal payment?