• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,601 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2022 at 1:50 AM, Gaard said:

Hmmm. Exactly how does Ebay handle 'he said/he said' situations? If they side with the  buyer (the returner in this case),  doesn't that mean every buyer on Ebay is at risk (because the seller can just send an empty box)? If they side with @The Green Ghost, doesn't that open the door for all scammers who claim "he never sent it"?

I suspect if both sides make a big enough stink they just eat the loss themselves. They are taking 13% off every sale more or less, including sales taxes, they can afford satisfy both parties now and then. The vast majority of sales go off smoothly, I've bought and sold thousands of items on ebay, and have never been scammed by a buyer or seller. I've had a few deadbeat buyers, had to return a few books, and even dealt with some difficult people, but haven't had anyone blatantly rip me off. My wife has sold hundreds of items and the worst she's had to deal with is someone claiming they never got a $30 item that was reported delivered. She refunded rather than argue, and it may well have been stolen from the person's mailbox, a point at which responsibility is not technically hers, or that of the post office, but no purchaser of an item wants to hear that. 

I also received a message from Kendrick91 to email Arriaga00432@gmail.com about the Hulk 181 I'm looking for.  Where in the world did he come from?  He hasn't been banned on the boards yet?

• Administrator
On 4/3/2022 at 7:15 PM, Spyderfan said:

I also received a message from Kendrick91 to email Arriaga00432@gmail.com about the Hulk 181 I'm looking for.  Where in the world did he come from?  He hasn't been banned on the boards yet?

He has been banned.  He has created at least a dozen Id's over the last 5 or 6 months.  That's why I changed the settings so, 0 post users can't send PM's.  It helps some but, obviously not full proof.  It's always a similar scam tactic.   If you would like the PM deleted, report his post in the PM.

Mike

block this buyer

kidbiscuit

I shipped someone else's book to them, they contacted me and I sent them a label via eBay to ship the book back to me so I could ship it to the correct owner. Of course, since that initial message they have gone silent and have not returned a book they did not pay for, a book worth more than the book they purchased. I feel bad for the buyer of my book (he received this buyers book). I let him keep that book and gave a full refund.

kidbiscuit is a THIEF

This one is low stakes and mostly annoying, but still enough to go on my blocked list. You can decide for yourself.

This user won an auction, low cost, only $38.99. TWO MINUTES AFTER THE AUCTION ENDED, they sent a cancelation request, reason given "ordered by mistake." I went ahead and canceled because these days it's not worth the hassle to let these things drag on, but I did block. 

the-real-jason-bourne

On 4/1/2022 at 1:03 PM, rjpb said:

I suspect if both sides make a big enough stink they just eat the loss themselves. They are taking 13% off every sale more or less, including sales taxes, they can afford satisfy both parties now and then. The vast majority of sales go off smoothly, I've bought and sold thousands of items on ebay, and have never been scammed by a buyer or seller. I've had a few deadbeat buyers, had to return a few books, and even dealt with some difficult people, but haven't had anyone blatantly rip me off. My wife has sold hundreds of items and the worst she's had to deal with is someone claiming they never got a $30 item that was reported delivered. She refunded rather than argue, and it may well have been stolen from the person's mailbox, a point at which responsibility is not technically hers, or that of the post office, but no purchaser of an item wants to hear that. 

Yeah, eBay essentially eats the loss themselves. I had an unfortunate incident with a IH 181. Here's a link to how it was resolved with eBay.

On 4/4/2022 at 1:53 PM, F For Fake said:

This one is low stakes and mostly annoying, but still enough to go on my blocked list. You can decide for yourself.

This user won an auction, low cost, only $38.99. TWO MINUTES AFTER THE AUCTION ENDED, they sent a cancelation request, reason given "ordered by mistake." I went ahead and canceled because these days it's not worth the hassle to let these things drag on, but I did block. 

the-real-jason-bourne

Get some rest, FFF. You look tired.

jb.jpg

On 4/4/2022 at 12:53 PM, F For Fake said:

the-real-jason-bourne

Weird, I just sold them a book on March 20 - just a $6 raw X-men. They paid right away and left a nice feedback when they got the book.

On 4/4/2022 at 5:47 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Weird, I just sold them a book on March 20 - just a $6 raw X-men. They paid right away and left a nice feedback when they got the book.

See, I just don’t understand stuff like this. But there was no apology, or explanation. The auction ended, and within a minute or two I got the cancellation request. So, that’s enough for me to block, but everyone should use their own judgment. I’ll admit that in my old age I have little patience for flakiness.

be careful with seller direcomics

I bought a graded book from him.  The listing said he had multiple copies of the book and it turns out the one I was sent was not pictured.  When I got it there was a plastic shard inside the case.  I messaged him about it and his reply was "I have no idea what you are talking about."  I sent him a picture showing the plastic inside and asked how he wanted to handle it.  I was open to getting another copy if he still had them available or him making contact with CGC for me to return as a mechanical error.  I got no response from him at all.  After a few days I initiated a return and sent the book back.  When he received it he decided he was going to refund me less than half of the payment from the sale.  I had to open a claim with ebay support to get the rest of my money back.  He was able to remove my negative feedback afterward.

devilbri96

Bid on and won an auction of some Spawn issues that were all less than average. 7.0-8.0 reader lot of some pretty good issues in the late 200's and early 300's. 8 books in total.  Auction ended on Sat. 9th for $22.50 and he doesn't pay. Sunday goes by and still nothing so I send a invoice reminder Monday 11th.  Still nothing.  Then Tuesday 12th he messages me and says he will "hopefully be paying by the 18th" and thank you for my patience blah blah blah.  So this guys bids up an auction, that ends at $22.50 + shipping and can't pay for 10 days?  I messaged him back and told him it sound like he shouldn't be bidding on comics if he can't pay, especially a low dollar amount like this.  I say 5 days is patient enough and you have until tomorrow the 14th to pay or I will cancel.  This person waited 3 days to tell me this, not before he bid mind you and he has only 20 feedback.  So he is a flake new buyer who thinks we are Walmart and this is a layaway plan.

His response to me was very swift wherein he told me "Sounds like I shouldnt purchase comics? Your right, I shouldnt purchase your comics lol u obviously need the money asap get it somewhere else cancel the order, have a great day".  

This person flips the -script and is now making me the bad guy, and he is the victim I suppose.  I have no patience for these types of people anymore.  Block this goon as he is going to be trouble moving forward I can feel it.

On 4/1/2022 at 9:16 AM, batman_fan said:

Reading this thread makes me so happy I don't sell on eBay any more.

Agreed.  I closed my account two years ago…just wasn’t worth my sanity. :shy:

The only time I had a guy request to pay me 'in a week', I said ok ... I must've been in a really good mood. He was true to his word and paid after a week. Not the ideal buyer, but I got my money in the end.

As far as cancelling my account, Ebay did that for me (kinda). When they went to Managed Payments I never gave them my bank numbers so they took all my listings down and I'm not allowed to sell there anymore.

On 4/13/2022 at 4:34 PM, Gaard said:

The only time I had a guy request to pay me 'in a week', I said ok ... I must've been in a really good mood. He was true to his word and paid after a week. Not the ideal buyer, but I got my money in the end.

As far as cancelling my account, Ebay did that for me (kinda). When they went to Managed Payments I never gave them my bank numbers so they took all my listings down and I'm not allowed to sell there anymore.

Update on the auction.  I cancelled the order, blocked the clown as I hope everyone else here that sees his username does, and send 2nd chance offers to the two other bidders.  An hour later the the next bidder down at $22 even paid for the lot.  He should have been the winner to begin with, sheesh.  No reason to wait 10 days for someone to pay for a $22.50 lot with shipping. 

Here are two clowns who bought and immediately asked to cancel the order. The reason? "Sorry I did not notice it was a Spanish edition", when It is clearly stated in the title and in the description, not to mention the cover with logo oficial the Spanish Publisher and text in spanish

Link to one of the relisted comics, can I mention any better that it is a Spanish edition? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325147645122?mkevt=1&mkcid=16&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Solsticeguy76

Kibrick_28

On 4/15/2022 at 8:03 AM, marmat said:

Here are two clowns who bought and immediately asked to cancel the order. The reason? "Sorry I did not notice it was a Spanish edition", when It is clearly stated in the title and in the description, not to mention the cover with logo oficial the Spanish Publisher and text in spanish

Link to one of the relisted comics, can I mention any better that it is a Spanish edition? 

Solsticeguy76

Kibrick_28

When I attempt to add them to my blocked list, those IDs both come up as invalid for me.

On 4/15/2022 at 7:03 AM, marmat said:

Solsticeguy76

Kibrick_28

How were there two buyers at the same time?  Or did they both do the same thing independently?

If you had two buyers who did the same thing sequentially, that's kind of weird, but I think you're being a little harsh on what sounds like a dumb, but innocent mistake that was "immediately" corrected--and now you've got other people blocking them too.

I had to cancel a purchase once myself, when I missed something in the listing title--but I cancelled within 5 minutes and sort of figured no harm no foul.  I understand that it's annoying for the seller, and I'm sorry, I didn't mean to inconvenience you, but I'm human and I made a mistake--but that doesn't mean I need to forfeit $100 for something I don't want just because I got a little quick on the clicker.

If that's the worst experience you ever have with a customer, you are blessed.

If the same thing keeps happening with the same buyer--or some weird sequential cancelling with different buyers--then I'd be more understanding of a block.