• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A fresh bag and board makes all the difference...

44 posts in this topic

When I get a comic in the mail -- regardless of its grade or how close the real grade is to the seller's grade -- I always seem a little less happy when the seller doesn't put it in a new bag/board.

Why am I such a baby? Why does it matter?

I need to get over this.

(This is your OCD post for the day.)

When I get a comic in the mail -- regardless of its grade or how close the real grade is to the seller's grade -- I always seem a little less happy when the seller doesn't put it in a new bag/board.

I need to get over this.

When I get a comic in the mail.....I always put it in a new bag and board....even if it comes in a better bag and board then I use. (shrug)lol

Bulk stuff, I completely understand. When I sell books at less than $1 each, I tend to put 6 comics in a Silver Age bag just for protection.

But when you get a book you paid decent money for that comes in an old, yellowing bag and a dinged up board, it's just not great.

Bulk stuff, I completely understand. When I sell books at less than $1 each, I tend to put 6 comics in a Silver Age bag just for protection.

But when you get a book you paid decent money for that comes in an old, yellowing bag and a dinged up board, it's just not great.

Agree. For a single purchase nice book, you should get a new bag/board or mylar.

I usually put books I sell worth around $30 or more in mylar or at least mylites, even if somewhat lower grade. I figure it's worth about .5 in eye-appeal on most books.

I need to get over this.

When I get a comic in the mail.....I always put it in a new bag and board....even if it comes in a better bag and board then I use. (shrug)lol

Same here.

Agree. For a single purchase nice book, you should get a new bag/board or mylar.

Is that really all that much different than buying a comic at a show that's in an old yellowed bag with a dinged up board? Had I been that picky, I'd have lost out on a lot of comics over the years.

I remember buying comics at shows and having to cut the bag open with scissors because the plastics that make up the bag has molecularly fused with the tape. lol

I always put books I sell in new bags and boards unless the bag/board looks relatively new already. Most finds I come across at garage sales, estate auctions, etc, etc, are not bagged and boarded in the first place. Once in awhile some of these finds are also kind of smelly (smoky, moldy, yucky), so I air them out for about for a few weeks (I hang them on the clothes line outside (thumbs u ) as I figure buyers don't want to get knocked over by the smell of the book when they get it. Just the courteous thing to do as far as I'm concerned.

I need to get over this.

As others have said, I know I get a new B&B for any comic I get, and I have heard enough people say the same that aren't on this MB, so yeah, I don't waste my good stuff when in all likelihiid, the new owner is going to do this anyway.

-slym