• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which SA Comic will increase the most in OS2014?

41 posts in this topic

I am just interested to hear your thougts on which books are 'hot' at the moment.

It's amazing how many new members value our opinion in which comics to get rich quick on boys. :popcorn: Maybe we could do a CGC boards price guide. All the CGC board members who do know what stuff is worth and market conditions could be advisors. hm It might be more valued then overstreets opinion. :popcorn:

Like everything else, only spend what you can afford to lose. Other than that, I would say just subscribe to GPA and you can see what book is hot and it's trends. Trust your instincts, buy on news, and sell on hype.

Of course, I'm just a collector myself, so I hoard on hype, hoard on news, and lie to myself that I will sell one day. lol

Like everything else, only spend what you can afford to lose. Other than that, I would say just subscribe to GPA and you can see what book is hot and it's trends. Trust your instincts, buy on news, and sell on hype.

Of course, I'm just a collector myself, so I hoard on hype, hoard on news, and lie to myself that I will sell one day. lol

If you buy on hype and hold them....you will have a bunch of comics you over payed for that are not worth what you spent. Bad idea. 2c

I am just interested to hear your thougts on which books are 'hot' at the moment.

Brave and Bold #28 has been hot for some time, and I think will be until the Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman movie.

2c

I'm not exactly going out on a limb here though. lol

What's your price range? As any financial planner will tell you, past performance does not guarantee future returns. That said, what the heck, I'll throw out the most obvious picks...

If you have a few hundred to spend, I would suggest Avengers 57 (first Vision) , Tales to Astonish 44 (first Wasp), Hulk 181 (first Wolverine), Silver Surfer 1, Iron Man 1, or any Amazing Spider-man Comic book between 2 and 16.

Those aren't blue chips, but you can't buy blue chip comics for less than 1k unless they are complete rags (coverless, missing pages, etc.).

If you have a few thousand to spend, I would suggest the Silver-Age keys: Amazing Fantasy 15 (first Spider-man), Hulk 1, Journey into Mystery 83 (first Thor), Tales of Suspense 39 (first Iron-man), Amazing Spider-man 1, X-men 1, Daredevil 1, Avengers 1.....

If you have tens of thousands to spend I would suggest those same silver age keys in high grade or golden age keys like All-Star 8, Flash Comics 1, All American 16, Captain America Comics 1, Marvel Comics 1, Superman 1, Batman 1 etc.

If you have hundreds of thousands then consider Action Comics 1 (first Super-man) or Detective comics 27 (first Batman).

I have more nuanced picks for the Golden Age, but that's not for me to share :-) The aforementioned comics are the most tried and true. good luck!

It's amazing how many new members value our opinion in which comics to get rich quick on boys. :popcorn: Maybe we could do a CGC boards price guide. All the CGC board members who do know what stuff is worth and market conditions could be advisors. hm It might be more valued then overstreets opinion. :popcorn:

hm Frank you might have something there.

What's your price range? As any financial planner will tell you, past performance does not guarantee future returns. That said, what the heck, I'll throw out the most obvious picks...

If you have a few hundred to spend, I would suggest Avengers 57 (first Vision) , Tales to Astonish 44 (first Wasp), Hulk 181 (first Wolverine), Silver Surfer 1, Iron Man 1, or any Amazing Spider-man Comic book between 2 and 16.

Those aren't blue chips, but you can't buy blue chip comics for less than 1k unless they are complete rags (coverless, missing pages, etc.).

If you have a few thousand to spend, I would suggest the Silver-Age keys: Amazing Fantasy 15 (first Spider-man), Hulk 1, Journey into Mystery 83 (first Thor), Tales of Suspense 39 (first Iron-man), Amazing Spider-man 1, X-men 1, Daredevil 1, Avengers 1.....

If you have tens of thousands to spend I would suggest those same silver age keys in high grade or golden age keys like All-Star 8, Flash Comics 1, All American 16, Captain America Comics 1, Marvel Comics 1, Superman 1, Batman 1 etc.

If you have hundreds of thousands then consider Action Comics 1 (first Super-man) or Detective comics 27 (first Batman).

I have more nuanced picks for the Golden Age, but that's not for me to share :-) The aforementioned comics are the most tried and true. good luck!

Damn dude you are a damn GENIUS! :baiting:

Since this is a Silver Age forum, add in all the "movie books" as susceptible to continuing price jumps. X-Men 4 and Avengers 57 should see big jumps. And B&B 28. Also FF 5, Action 242 and Action 252.

Thats what I thought at first Dave, then I thought of the arguments, speculators, shills, hoarders, hissy fits, drama queens, huffs, fights at Phils, wrist slaps, vacations, bannings, pernts and thats before Kav & 90% boardie OCD kicks in.

Hey man ,we cant even agree when the Silver Age ends :insane:

Thats what I thought at first Dave, then I thought of the arguments, speculators, shills, hoarders, hissy fits, drama queens, huffs, fights at Phils, wrist slaps, vacations, bannings, pernts and thats before Kav & 90% boardie OCD kicks in.

Hey man ,we cant even agree when the Silver Age ends :insane:

:roflmao: You slay me.

Damn dude you are a damn GENIUS! :baiting:

lol lol lol

I was taking on the role of financial planner. Giving sound, generic advice. Take only the risk you are comfortable with. Diversify your portfolio. Stick with blue chips! The market will have its ups and downs. Buy and hold or sell high, buy low. A comic saved is a comic earned. A fool and his pedigree are easily parted....