• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
26 26

6,383 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2023 at 12:01 AM, OtherEric said:

So, this book is not an EC.  But, for obvious reasons, I think it will be of interest here as an EC-adjacent book, since it's essentially issue 0 of one of the earliest EC titles.

Fat and Slat 0.jpg

"EC Adjacent Books" would be an interesting thread. 

On 8/5/2023 at 5:15 PM, october said:

It's not an easy book, but there are 31 on the census. Hundreds of tougher Golden Age books out there. Maybe one of those cases where no one wants to part with one. If I had a copy I sure as hell would never sell it!

I bet you say that to all the comics :foryou: GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 8/16/2023 at 8:51 PM, Drgoldage said:

Not sure if I would step

through that door no matter how much he beckons .I count 16 skulls let’s not make it 17 

image.jpg

If you sold that to me, you could make next months rent payment.  :wink:

On 8/13/2023 at 1:22 AM, jimjum12 said:

I bet you say that to all the comics :foryou: GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Update on TTA #1 comic connect auction ...Bid is $19500 with BP $22425 so it has cracked the 20K mark with 8 days to go, next up 30K!

Edited by Mmehdy

On 8/17/2023 at 9:20 AM, OtherEric said:

Same.  I definitely appreciate it being posted, but it doesn't fit the quick reaction choices well.  I think ill go with the thank you as the best choice.

I'm afraid I couldn't "thank", and frankly wish that I could unsee it. I don't understand the point of posting a picture of someone definitely in the pits.  It was well known in the EC world that Wood had had an alcohol problem, so why display a degrading picture of it?

On 8/17/2023 at 10:50 AM, aardvark88 said:

Late 1970s Wally Wood and drinking problem pic courtesy of FB Comic Book Historians site:

image.thumb.jpeg.278bbbe01aa91359fb7d2885c2a97945.jpeg

I wish I hadn't seen this - it's depressing.  His art is still among my favorite, and some of his covers are still on my "most wanted" list.  I'll always love his work.

On 8/17/2023 at 9:35 PM, Telegan said:

I wish I hadn't seen this - it's depressing.  His art is still among my favorite, and some of his covers are still on my "most wanted" list.  I'll always love his work.

Yeah, real sad…

I however have learned to separate the professional life vs personal life of those whose work I appreciate as long as they don’t hurt others. Eric Clapton is a perfect example. His professional work is astounding. He has inspired me and touched me deeply. But I totally disagree with his personal views and political views.

Wally Wood was a tragedy. But his professional work was second to none. I have loved it ever since I first saw it and found out who he was. His personal life and untimely end was a tragedy and something I just tend to want to forget about.