• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Raze said:

Congrats @OtherEric on your Aces High run!!! What other runs do you have? I can't remember...was it Priracy?

Lets compare...

I think you have a slight edge over me, but we're both in the same ballpark.

I've got complete runs of Aces High, Piracy, Psychoanalysis, Valor, Impact, Panic, and Frontline Combat.  Oh, and the first printing of Picture Stories from the Bible Old Testament and New Testament complete editions, if you want to count those.  I think the OT was technically printed by DC, actually.

I'm one issue short of complete runs of Extra, M. D., and Incredible Science Fiction if you count that as a separate book from Weird Science Fantasy.

Counting only New Trend and New Direction books, I'm up to 96 EC's... not quite a third of them.  I think I need to go big on something for #100, which should be pretty soon...

@OtherEric Ive got a full run Extra, Aces High, Valor, Piracy, MD, Incredible Science Fiction and missing Psychoanalysis 1. I think im up to 170 EC titles I haven’t counted in a while! 

PLUS I got a “grail” today!!!

Scans later!

Edited by Raze

4 hours ago, Raze said:

Ok @KirbyJack here it is my "grail" book!

Weird Science 16!!! Ive been wanting one for awhile now and finally got this off ebay last week. Its a "grail" to me because Wally Wood is my favorite golden age artist. My first "grail" was Weird Science 9 which I have as well. Also I love Mars Attacks and this is their first appearance!lollol And I love UFOS / Aliens so this book has a lot going for it.

I haven't read it yet but I will this week.

The only thing "bad" about this book is its a mid grade (4.0) copy that can be improved with a press, and we all know that me a @OtherEric are having fun comparing our low grade books, so this one is like a CGC 12.5 compared to most ECs I have.

Scan 2019-7-31 21.52.48.jpg

Scan 2019-7-31 21.54.16.jpg

That's a great book, Raze!  I don't know that it's quite a grail on my personal scale, but it's definitely high on my want list.

And don't sweat the condition.  As all Golden Age collectors know, sometimes you just have to take the copy of the book you can find even if it's not in the grade you want, just to have a copy.  My EC collection even includes a *shudder* pedigree book.  Not a Gaines File Copy, but my Panic #6 is from the Don/Maggie Thompson collection.

Panic_06.jpg