• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2022 at 9:02 AM, OtherEric said:

While I hope to get at least a few more issues, I think my dream of completing the Weird Science and Weird Fantasy runs is rapidly fading if not actually gone.

Just bring your grade expectations down a little and up your budget a little. Cut down on your other buying. They certainly aren’t rare. But don’t drag your heels…

On 8/31/2022 at 8:15 AM, Silver said:

I’m glad these books are getting respect, I just wish I had all 57 sci-fi books first:

F1F598E2-A59F-4C96-AE7C-6EC66205EEDF.png

They have always been well respected. This one is a bit of a unicorn though. One of the best, and iconic covers and a 9.8 Gaines. Hard to get more in demand than this one. 

On 8/31/2022 at 12:10 PM, KirbyJack said:

I’m very happy I locked down my few good ECs. Even in the last two years what I bought has become unbuyable for my budget.

I’ll keep picking up bottom feeder books as I can, and remember my hard lesson; Stop selling ECs!

Years ago (like 2010-2013) I had a personal rule that I would buy every $50 EC beater that ever came up for sale. Sadly, I let those go when I sold my collection in 2014/2015. Those same beaters are $200 beaters now. I still try and buy them, but not with the frequency I used to - and yeah, this time I ain’t parting with them.