• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

Wow.  Been reading EC comics through some recently purchased Russ Cochrane collections, and I am loving the stories.  Going through Shock Suspenstories and Crime Suspenstories.  I am curious if there is a title you would suggest I look for next. Wish I bought more of these when I was younger!  Can’t afford to buy the originals now, but love these collected works. 

On 9/28/2022 at 6:02 PM, habsfan1 said:

Wow.  Been reading EC comics through some recently purchased Russ Cochrane collections, and I am loving the stories.  Going through Shock Suspenstories and Crime Suspenstories.  I am curious if there is a title you would suggest I look for next. Wish I bought more of these when I was younger!  Can’t afford to buy the originals now, but love these collected works. 

You really can’t go wrong with any of them, but I think EC war is the best of the best. Frontline Combat or Two-Fisted Tales is my vote.

On 9/28/2022 at 7:46 PM, KirbyJack said:

You really can’t go wrong with any of them, but I think EC war is the best of the best. Frontline Combat or Two-Fisted Tales is my vote.

Those are the only two others I picked up a few years ago, read and unfortunately sold them. Regret it now, and thinking of getting them back.  Great reads there and would easily go through those again.  Bought them with all the Carl Barks libraries from a local collector.  Now, I am eyeing all the horror/science fiction titles.  

On 9/28/2022 at 4:46 PM, KirbyJack said:

I second that emotion. Heck, even the originals in lower to mid grade are still remarkably cheap. 

On 9/16/2022 at 7:43 AM, KirbyJack said:

I quote Louise Belcher:

"The one holiday, mind you, where there's no hugging, there's no singing, there aren't even cards. We dress as monsters and we threaten people with tricks and they give us candy and it's beautiful."

I assure you that Louise Belcher is quite mistaken.

There are Hallowe'en cards. Just ask the Zodiac.

th?id=OIP.nnchrUjnd1eEfnv7gLwokwHaFd%26p

On 9/29/2022 at 10:27 PM, Silver said:

Weird Science all the way! “We here at EC are proudest of our science-fiction titles!”

Weird Science (Russ Cochran set) all purchased!  Thanks for the recommendation!  Also picked up the Vault of Horror set :banana:

Edited by habsfan1

On 9/30/2022 at 7:49 PM, Raze said:

Speaking of Shock Suspenstories I FINALLY finished my run with 8!!! 

Yes all low grade! If there is a 4.0 in any of these Id be surprised!

@OtherEric did you complete your set?! I couldn't remember.

Scan 2022-9-30 21.34.45.jpg

IMG_9757.jpeg

Still need the #18, and even by my low standards my #5 needs an upgrade.  I need to go ahead and grab the #18 soon, but so many other things going on...

Congratulations on the set!

On 9/30/2022 at 7:49 PM, Raze said:

Speaking of Shock Suspenstories I FINALLY finished my run with 8!!! 

Yes all low grade! If there is a 4.0 in any of these Id be surprised!

@OtherEric did you complete your set?! I couldn't remember.

Scan 2022-9-30 21.34.45.jpg

IMG_9757.jpeg

Congrats Raze! No matter what shape, a great set of books! When Thoth posted that 8, I remember someone needed it. Looks like it went to the right person! 

On 9/30/2022 at 9:58 PM, Robot Man said:

Congrats Raze! No matter what shape, a great set of books! When Thoth posted that 8, I remember someone needed it. Looks like it went to the right person! 

I got it on ebay when did Thoth post it? What else have I been missing?! My second hobby has been taking away from comics...

Edited by Raze

On 9/30/2022 at 8:03 PM, Raze said:

I got it on ebay when did Thoth post it? What else have I been missing?! My second hobby has been taking away from comics...

2 pages back. Glad you got it either way. Nice Williamson story in that one. 

Edited by Robot Man