• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
26 26

6,380 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2023 at 7:46 AM, Robot Man said:

What a bummer to have to take those other 3 to get that 41…:baiting:

If we are talking about comparing the covers of those two, I would prefer the TFT. The mood, and coloring is so much better. Because of the subdued foreground, your eye goes right to the bright open window and the shine on the knife. Besides, as much as I love Johnny Craig, I love Jack Davis a little more. 

LOL RM, I knew that would get your Goat!  I am however saving three of the four.

On 5/31/2023 at 10:41 AM, goldsilverap said:

I was wondering is there a way to search for EC Comics on Ebay without getting so many of the reprint books?

After your initial search, pick “golden age” for era.  You’ll still get lots of reprints, but it cuts them down substantially.  

On 5/31/2023 at 11:01 AM, OtherEric said:

After your initial search, pick “golden age” for era.  You’ll still get lots of reprints, but it cuts them down substantially.  

What I do is to use the publisher and year filters, and click on EC, and 1950 to 1955.  Generally no reprints.

On 5/31/2023 at 12:41 PM, goldsilverap said:

I was wondering is there a way to search for EC Comics on Ebay without getting so many of the reprint books?

In addition to the above, you can also add "-photocopy" and "-reprint" to your search.  If they added those two words to the listing, they won't be returned.  Like I posted in an another thread, though, if they put "not a reprint!" or "not a photocopy!", then it won't be returned. lol.

For example, if you're looking for Shock Suspenstories, you can type "shock suspenstories -reprint -photocopy" (without the quotes) in your search and select "Golden Age" and maybe the years.  The years can be touchy since some people I guess don't use years, so some of them may get excluded if they're legit.  Sometimes, you may still get some reprint stuff that people are probably trying to get you to buy hoping you're not paying attention, but it'll cut down on a lot of it.

On 6/9/2023 at 7:44 AM, conan09279 said:

New add. I think this was a lost opportunity with the cover but happy to add it to the collection. 

A3F3EDE6-E5BC-4A2C-8BE5-4E8D1584B333.jpeg

Nice! But yeah, one of the weakest covers in the run. When I picked up my copy, I thought it was #20. Couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t find #1-19…:roflmao: