• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ant-Man director calls it quits

110 posts in this topic

Well, I'm still looking forward to seeing what they do with this movie. It's way too early in the process to start making judgements on how the film will end up.

Well, I'm still looking forward to seeing what they do with this movie. It's way too early in the process to start making judgements on how the film will end up.

I agree, there's plenty of time before it's released. I think it'll be done well.

CBM has an Update

UPDATE: Despite a director supposedly being announced "shortly," sources have informed the folks at Variety that "Marvel is zeroing in on a new director, but is not yet in negotiations with one." Also, an hour before news broke that Edgar Wright was leaving Ant-Man, Patrick Wilson, who's rumored to play a younger Hank Pym in the film, tweeted that the "big news" was coming. Now that it's out, Wilson has further commented that: "Yes yes... this big news was Edgar's departure and now not knowing the fate of the film. Big to ME anyway." Also, BuzzFeed claims that Ant-Man co-writer Joe Cornish has NOT been approached as Wright's replacement, despite popular belief.

i think this can hurt the movie, my reason for this is because which ever they get to direct the movie is going to have a different feel/ tune to what Edgar was going to have. i bet Marvel wanted to change a lot of the -script and Edgar didn't like it and wanted to leave before it became IM2.

In the comics his ants did things no ants could ever do. I'd just step on him.

The news has moved the market. Check out GPA: TTA 27, 35, and even 44 all nose-diving.

Some shilling will fix that

I'm guessing he wanted it more comedic than Sony/Marvel wanted it.

I have no way to prove this, but my gut tells me the reverse is probably true.

This is Disney/Marvel and it sucks hearing about this. I love Edgar Wright's stuff because it's rather unique. This is also really surprising to hear because Kevin Feige has had Marvel Studios running like a well oiled machine for so many years. I guess there really is a first time for everything.

No offence to anyone who is a fan, but I was not in any way interested in this movie. even as giant man, he was still kind of useless. lets move onto bigger and better things.

Sharknado 3: The Sharkening

or

Sharknado 3: Sharkocalypse!!!

or

Sharknado 3: Bigger, Badder, Sharker.

I've got more, but I think i've made my point.