• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storing comics inside wood?

34 posts in this topic

A cedar chest or drawer would be my first choice. One of the nicer silver-age collections I acquired years ago had been stored in short piles in a cedar drawer chest, unbagged and the way those books looked was incredible. Great smell to them too.

I have my tresuries stored in these wooden wine crates I picked up from our LCBO:

92017.jpg

A cedar chest or drawer would be my first choice. One of the nicer silver-age collections I acquired years ago had been stored in short piles in a cedar drawer chest, unbagged and the way those books look was incredible. Great smell to them too.

I have my tresuries stored in these wine crates I picked up from our LCBO:

92017.jpg

Great idea. Think I'll look into this.

Cedar is terrible for comics it is the most caustic wood for paper products.

There was a thread on this topic

Whatever the wood as long as mylar is between the comics and the wood combined with some microchamber paper or emulsion to deal with any possible wood off-gassing you should be fine..... 2c

That's just not true at all.

Cedar is terrible for comics it is the most caustic wood for paper products.

There was a thread on this topic

Wood is acidic and not going to be the best choice to build a comic box out of.

Cedar has been shown to be a lovely storage enviornment for comics over the years.

Show em your box Bill....it's beautiful. <3

It is roughly the size of a standard long box and houses the complete run of D. Tracy including giveaways, etc.

box.jpg

Ok, enough misinformation in this thread.

Cedar chests are not a good place to store paper.

Cedar off-gasses both highly acidic fumes & oils (part of that lovely cedar smell) which will actively discolor & weaken paper over time.

Ok, enough misinformation in this thread.

Cedar chests are not a good place to store paper.

Cedar off-gasses both highly acidic fumes & oils (part of that lovely cedar smell) which will actively discolor & weaken paper over time.

:applause:

Not sure, The story of Big Apple pedigree was the golden age books were stored in a trunk. Not sure what it was made of and the books had white pages (thumbs u

Some of the churches were in a cedar cabinet and, I may be wrong, but I think the same for the Allen Towns and we all know how beautiful those books are.

We already went through all this on another thread! $#@!@#!!

Repetitive, redundant posts sure are annoying, huh?

Inaccurate, passive aggressive posts even more annoying.