• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6XGuide for Prize #7 on Ebay???? WTH is it with this book?

20 posts in this topic

I lost out on another Prize 7. About the fourth time, I think. This one was a 3.5, and went for $3150??? I thought I had it easy for $2k. Not even close. What's with this book? I didn't know the Green Lama and Frankenstein were such hot commodities.

looks link 9+ different bidders, including two guys/girls that battled from $1500-$3100, and then someone came in with a topper bid at the end.

Assuming these are all legit bidders, it does make you wonder what on earth they are thinking when entering all those bids. At this late date, are there still people unfamiliar with the benefits of sniping? hm

There's a CGC 4.0 on ebay right now for 4K or Best Offer. I believe the seller is a board member.

Meanwhile I was surprised to see SparkleCity's Mystic Comics #6 in CGC 6.0 sell for just a bit over 2K, which seems cheap for a first appearance of the best known of the second tier Timely characters. I might have thrown in a competitive bid had I known how little it would go for, though the deep color breaking reading crease down the spine may have something to do with the final price - makes it less than a 6.0 in my eyes, and a flaw that always looks one handling away from being a GD or worse.

I bought a little collection not too long ago that had a prize 7 in it and I was suprised how fast it sold...had no idea it was "this" kind of demand

Very tough book that never shows up for sale and has a low population. It's a cool cover with a bunch of firsts ;-P

James G

Completely agree. Super tough 2nd tier book..... tougher than Exciting 9 and right up there with Startling 10. Might even be scarcer. (shrug)

Coming up in next week's Heritage Auction

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121423&lotIdNo=38002

Great looking low grade copy but that folded over flap in the upper left corner makes me :pullhair:

Seems as if people don't always realize that CGC isn't going to straighten out folded over pages and other such things if you don't do it before sending the book in.

:gossip: Anticipation of Green Lama movie?

BTW: If Hollywood produces a Green Lama movie, then it's time for us all to sell our comics. In other words, this comic book train will have run its course ;)

There's a CGC 4.0 on ebay right now for 4K or Best Offer. I believe the seller is a board member.

Meanwhile I was surprised to see SparkleCity's Mystic Comics #6 in CGC 6.0 sell for just a bit over 2K, which seems cheap for a first appearance of the best known of the second tier Timely characters. I might have thrown in a competitive bid had I known how little it would go for, though the deep color breaking reading crease down the spine may have something to do with the final price - makes it less than a 6.0 in my eyes, and a flaw that always looks one handling away from being a GD or worse.

I'll let you know how it looks when I have the Mystic 6 in hand. :grin: I have a Marvel Mystery 13 that's a 6.0 with the same type of cover crease, but you'd have to pry it out of my hands. I'm hoping the Mystic is in the same vein - looks worse than it is (definitely not a handling away from GD). That Mystic is one I've been hunting for a while, and I was surprised to get it for that price.

I'll let you know how it looks when I have the Mystic 6 in hand. :grin: I have a Marvel Mystery 13 that's a 6.0 with the same type of cover crease, but you'd have to pry it out of my hands. I'm hoping the Mystic is in the same vein - looks worse than it is (definitely not a handling away from GD). That Mystic is one I've been hunting for a while, and I was surprised to get it for that price.

Congrats on the score!

Congrats on the score!

+1 :applause: