• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC book shipped Media Mail for $3.17

121 posts in this topic

Way to ruin a sweet 3rd print, fellow Jersey insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

It was a 5.5 to begin with.....OP removed that pic though.

I saw a book on ebay I always consider getting if an auction comes up hulk 340, but the current one up is low shipping like this and so I'll just pass. I feel like telling the person, I'll pay more for faster safer shipping.

And let us all not forget that solarcadet is also the same "winner" who claimed his dad was dead, then later said he was sick, then when confronted on it, said that he just wanted to make his dad feel bad. :facepalm:

sorry guys to keep you waiting...

been on phone all evening my dad is very sick with cancer

anyways, Joecgcmaniac claims its not real.... :blahblah:

i offer the friendly wager that I get it CGC'ed and he pays the processing and if I dont I will gladly paypal the same to him (thumbs u

wouldn't that be more entertaining than just showing the book gallery online...

worse case scenario is i'm wrong and Joe makes $40 :acclaim:

Everyone wants it to be fake, but deep down dont you really want it to be real and see me get a free CGC'ed embossed Man of Steel #1?

are you not entertained? :headbang:

:facepalm:

No, entertaining would be you posting a link to the book gallery.

Why would I ever trust you with $40? :screwy:

Sorry to hear your dad is battling cancer. One question though. You posted this just about 2 months ago.

right on Bill! You are A-OK in my book (thumbs u

Show some of the 10.0 Love sometime I would really like to see a whole bunch of them together....

and again a big shout to MsSmidt for dogging my Superman #233 CGC 4.5

My dad bought it for me in 1982 and its symbolizes the son father bond we had now that he died from exposure to Agent orange in Vietnam serving our country :sorry:

I thought your dad was dead? ???

no not yet just said that to make him feel bad. but seriously, my dad is sick he will have a 4th major surgery this coming month. talking bs aboiut comics is great bonding as he is in texas and im in LA

ill submit it and if gets CGC'ed you reimburse but if CGC rejects i offer it back

just a friendly wager...

its a silly book of no value

I beg to differ. A 1092/1095 combo with padding would have cost approx. $10 Priority. It would have been handled better and delivered quicker.

I agree. I just meant the way the person who packed it. If they packed it the same way in a priority box it wouldn't have made a difference. The book did not even look secured to the cardboard.

Now your way uses 2 boxes. Of course that is safer.

I beg to differ. A 1092/1095 combo with padding would have cost approx. $10 Priority. It would have been handled better and delivered quicker.

I agree. I just meant the way the person who packed it. If they packed it the same way in a priority box it wouldn't have made a difference. The book did not even look secured to the cardboard.

Now your way uses 2 boxes. Of course that is safer.

I hear ya. I just like to type "I beg to differ". I also enjoy typing "That smacks of [insert negative here]".

Also, "disingenuous at best" is another favorite. I look for opportunities to work them into the conversation whenever I can. Word.

I just sold a Superman 76 and i packed it bulletproof in a shipper in a box

boardie is happy

seller is very nice so all is good.

i just never thought anyone could ship a cgc for $3.17