• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please pray for my mom

101 posts in this topic

My mom has an aortic valve stenosis. We've known for 3 years; it's an operation you wait till it's truly needed before doing.

She got an infection, was very weak, had to go to the hospital. While there they put in a pacemaker for her afib. She had complications, in the ICU. It's been an ordeal.

She's still malnourished and they had to put in a nasal feeding tube to get her nourished and back to what she was before.

Scariest part is doctor is suggesting because of her size (she's small), age, they don't know if they will be able to do the valve replacement. That's odd because in the 3 years there was no mention of if, just the when.

Before this my mom was the liveliest person you'd meet. She's everything to me, my champion. I don't know how many times she took me to buy comics when I was a kid. Every week. We imputed the Overstreet values every year, to present.

I'm typing this from the hospital bedside. I've lived here for 10 days now.

I ask the good people of the boards for your prayers for Mom.

I don't know when I'll get back here...maybe never. I thank all of you.

Very sorry to hear about this but I do hope the best for her and your family... I'm sure this is something we can all relate to in one form or another.

I'm am truly sorry to hear about your mom's health. This hits so close to home for me. I will pray with all my heart that your mom pulls through and rebounds to good health.

Stay by her side, talk to her, tell her how much you love and need her and be with her. Now is when she will need you the most. Your strength will help pull her through. Don't ever give up hope! And never say never!sorrysmiley.gif

We will see you back at the boards soon, my friend!

Thoughts and prayers for your mom, and you. I've been through it (lost mom to cancer on her birthday two years ago now) and it was much the same, a long and sad bedside vigil, but there is a good aspect to it too -- I'm glad you're able to be there for your mom and believe me, she knows you love her, even if you weren't able to be there.

Best of luck on a good recovery for her. Take care.