• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic connect auction thoughts

345 posts in this topic

What the heck happened here? I've had a copy on my site for $2200, same grade with better page quality, with no takers.

Kind of like the old question, if a tree falls in the forest but no one hears it, does it make a sound? If it sits on your site but the buyer and underbidder here never saw it on your site, has it really been passed over?

What the heck happened here? I've had a copy on my site for $2200, same grade with better page quality, with no takers.

Kind of like the old question, if a tree falls in the forest but no one hears it, does it make a sound? If it sits on your site but the buyer and underbidder here never saw it on your site, has it really been passed over?

hm

hm

That's 2 books of yours now :baiting:

Almost 17K for Brenda Starr #14 in 8.0!!!! What a deal!! I guess 2 people were on crack.
Gee, I thought it went over 17k. I figured it go around 5k
OK, there's still hope for all those under bidders. A 7.5 just went up on Comiclink for 12K. Better go get it while it's hot!

Conan #1 has been selling 9.8 white pages on EBay, CL, consistently 4k. It just went for $7200. A lot of these auctions make no sense tonight. These people are most likely not going to see their money again on these books and I don't see how persistent collectors/bidders just happened to come out of the woodwork. Like someone else said "I am very confused".

I thought the Cap #73 6.5 was a bargain at $1k. That's a pretty tough book to get and sold for much less than GPA (more in line with a recent 5.0 price). Am I missing something?

Seriously, what happened with that batman 49? That price is so much higher than anything I had previously seen. I felt like people went nuts on bids tonight. That batman 1 in .5 was as beat up a copy as I have seen and it went for almost $10,000.

Seriously, what happened with that batman 49? That price is so much higher than anything I had previously seen. I felt like people went nuts on bids tonight. That batman 1 in .5 was as beat up a copy as I have seen and it went for almost $10,000.

I was surprised by a lot of prices some at how high they went and some at how low. Some of my tracked items

All Flash 1 at $17,701 I guess with so many high grade copies out there and the seemingly lack of love for this book, prices aren't moving up any time soon. (I still like the book).

All Star 1 at $5100, just no love …

All Winners 1 at $6,000. Pretty strong price for a restored copy but I suspect the slight notation helped it out. I actually think is was a reasonable deal.

Archie #1 restored extensive at $18,200 - very strong price but Archie has been on fire

Catman #1 Church copy at $8,000 smoking deal !

New York World's Fair 1939 at $28,100 Really strong price ! I thought this book was dead?

Wonder Comics #1 at $10,098 (the one book in the auction I really wish I could have chased). Super strong but it looked real nice.

I may bid on the plod 6.5 cap America 1.

Isn't that board member Baltimore Lauren's copy ?

:hi:

If you need me, I'm gonna be in Disney World. :whee:

I should join ya :baiting:

Let's go Batman.

Let's go Batman.

:cool: I may go as Bruce Wayne because of the warm weather lol

Let's go Batman.

:cool: I may go as Bruce Wayne because of the warm weather lol

still have the leather suit?

Some of these prices are so far off the reservation, it confuses me.

Jon the club Brian. That Brenda Starr hammer price is ridiculous. Now we'll see low grade copies at high grade prices popping out of the woodwork, and the vendors will wonder why they don't sell.

What the heck happened here? I've had a copy on my site for $2200, same grade with better page quality, with no takers. Guess it goes into my personal collection for a while...

Batman #49

:o

I just pooped my pants

I was very pleasantly surprised. :whee:

As the auction starts closing after midnight here I was asleep and woke up to a windfall.

It was over GPA going into the final day so hadn't expected it to move at all.

Prices across the board seem to have gone crazy.

What the heck happened here? I've had a copy on my site for $2200, same grade with better page quality, with no takers. Guess it goes into my personal collection for a while...

Batman #49

:o

I just pooped my pants

I was very pleasantly surprised. :whee:

As the auction starts closing after midnight here I was asleep and woke up to a windfall.

It was over GPA going into the final day so hadn't expected it to move at all.

Prices across the board seem to have gone crazy.

And to think that this is the third of the big 3 Spring auctions - you might've thought there would be some kind of fatigue. Certainly not the case.

Archie #1 restored extensive at $18,200 - very strong price but Archie has been on fire

What grade was the Archie 1?

I thought I had a bunch of these checked for tracking but when I looked later nothing was saved.

Also, could anyone tell me what all of the Cap 1s went for?

The 2.5 went for $39k

What did the 6.5 & the .5 missing the cf go for? And the yellowish one in bad shape, what did that one go for?

What grade was the Archie 1?

I thought I had a bunch of these checked for tracking but when I looked later nothing was saved.

Also, could anyone tell me what all of the Cap 1s went for?

The 2.5 went for $39k

What did the 6.5 & the .5 missing the cf go for? And the yellowish one in bad shape, what did that one go for?

$13,565 for the .5 Cap1