• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's your chance to tell CGC how to get better

290 posts in this topic

Improved TAT is a must, I don't really have a problem with anything else.

I've never purchased grader notes but that really should be free.... If it was a service requested beforehand, Sure charge for it.... But the notes are taken regardless and then sold after

All of these suggestions are great, but my #1 beef is Turn Times.

You have to pay extra for faster service, which only just gets you closer to what the original turnaround was SUPPOSED to be.

Absurd.

Serve free beer at CGC's convention booth

I'll be working very closely with CGC on this one---we're testing it out at booth 1907 at SDCC first. I can't promise how long this will last. It's limited and I'm manning the keg.

And it's my booth. So---first come first served!

Unemployment rate in Florida is 6.2% (shrug)

Why not hire some people who can be trained to slab books and cut down the TAT?

Even if it's part time. Or offer some high school seniors or college kids during the summer and xmas breaks.

Graders notes and the date when the book was graded noted on the label is good too. (thumbs u

edit: Or hire me, I live 2 hours away. I can work weekends get a hotel and hang out with some cool people and cool HOT books. lol Naw but for real I'd do it. Call me

hiring part timers or rando's is harder than you think because of the dollar value of the comics and the insurance involved. I'm guessing most of the employees have to be bonded in case they commit frauds or steal comics. The more mature and experienced and educated and stable an employee is, the lower the premiums.

That's were the hiring comes into play. Full Background checks, drug test, etc. Offering positions wouldn't hurt. Cut down on the amount of attending convention workers. When I was at Megacon there were about 10-15 workers, some of which were not doing anything but sitting there. They even extended the On-site grading to late on Saturday, I was surprised. Are they volunteers, or paid employees? Could some of them been volunteering at the facility and slabbing books? IDK maybe. Maybe I don't know what I am saying. I own 2 businesses and I understand the hiring process. Hell my business is losing cause I am down 2 workers and can't find good help, but I still offer the position and weed through the BS. I am willing to train too. ;) Carry own sorry for the rant.

Apparently, discussion of how other companies might do it is now verboten. Therefore, please give all your recommendations of how CGC can improve. Please do so without referencing how it appears another company will do some things better. Don't do that.

Eat your chum, sheeple. Aren't you lucky to be here at all?

Start posting your recommendations, but don't make them too harsh or opinionated.

Ban members that can't chill.

Reset all post counts to zero.

CBR recently reset their entire message boards. It was complete pandemonium over there for a bit.

They've also lost a ton of traffic as a result.

Even if it's part time. Or offer some high school seniors or college kids during the summer and xmas breaks.

Graders notes and the date when the book was graded noted on the label is good too. (thumbs u

edit: Or hire me, I live 2 hours away. I can work weekends get a hotel and hang out with some cool people and cool HOT books. lol Naw but for real I'd do it. Call me

hiring part timers or rando's is harder than you think because of the dollar value of the comics and the insurance involved. I'm guessing most of the employees have to be bonded in case they commit frauds or steal comics. The more mature and experienced and educated and stable an employee is, the lower the premiums.

That's were the hiring comes into play. Full Background checks, drug test, etc. Offering positions wouldn't hurt. Cut down on the amount of attending convention workers. When I was at Megacon there were about 10-15 workers, some of which were not doing anything but sitting there. They even extended the On-site grading to late on Saturday, I was surprised. Are they volunteers, or paid employees? Could some of them been volunteering at the facility and slabbing books? IDK maybe. Maybe I don't know what I am saying. I own 2 businesses and I understand the hiring process. Hell my business is losing cause I am down 2 workers and can't find good help, but I still offer the position and weed through the BS. I am willing to train too. ;) Carry own sorry for the rant.

You make good points. But seriously, if you wanna hire IN FLORIDA and you do drug testing and want to get your employees bonded (which means they're not criminals) plus you want them to be able to carefully handle valuable items...well I'd rather keep my submission rates low, because I'm guessing its rare (and subsequently expensive) in Florida to find people who meet the qualifications. (Drug test + no convictions)

You make good points. But seriously, if you wanna hire IN FLORIDA and you do drug testing and want to get your employees bonded (which means they're not criminals) plus you want them to be able to carefully handle valuable items...well I'd rather keep my submission rates low, because I'm guessing its rare (and subsequently expensive) in Florida to find people who meet the qualifications. (Drug test + no convictions)

How many professional jobs honestly drug test? I'd be personally offended if my employer asked to drug test me- it just breads deceit.

Apparently, discussion of how other companies might do it is now verboten. Therefore, please give all your recommendations of how CGC can improve. Please do so without referencing how it appears another company will do some things better. Don't do that.

Eat your chum, sheeple. Aren't you lucky to be here at all?

Start posting your recommendations, but don't make them too harsh or opinionated.

:applause: Your best post ever!

Should I nominate it for most awesome post I ever made in CG?

I wouldn't. See if anyone else nominates it. 2c

How many professional jobs honestly drug test? I'd be personally offended if my employer asked to drug test me- it just breads deceit.

A lot of jobs drug test and fingerprint these days. I remember when I worked a rinky-dink retail job and even there I had to pee in a cup before I was allowed to use a register.

A lot of jobs drug test and fingerprint these days. I remember when I worked a rinky-dink retail job and even there I had to pee in a cup before I was allowed to use a register.

That is just mind boggling to me. Aren't drug tests fairly expensive?

That is just mind boggling to me. Aren't drug tests fairly expensive?

I tested a Quaalude for $4

Publish some grading guides.

Self Service Grading Machines. Put a few in the top stores around the country.

Insert your book and it is scanned , then compared against all copies of the book in the database. A scale would weigh the book and also compare the books weight to others. Same with page quality. Ten minutes later, a new slab is born.

Free graders notes!

Graders notes should be free. I'd also love to see them on the back of the label, but they really should be free.

Free grader's notes.

Free graders notes at least to the person that submitted the books.

What he said :sumo:

free graders notes (at least to the origional submitter...then they can choose to pass them on)

Put graders notes on the back of the label please.

This.

Grading notes

Free Grader Notes

grader notes but that really should be free.... If it was a service requested beforehand, Sure charge for it.... But the notes are taken regardless and then sold after

free grader notes.

:gossip: Free. Grader's. Notes.

;) (thumbs u

Free graders notes!

Graders notes should be free. I'd also love to see them on the back of the label, but they really should be free.

Free grader's notes.

Free graders notes at least to the person that submitted the books.

What he said :sumo:

free graders notes (at least to the origional submitter...then they can choose to pass them on)

Put graders notes on the back of the label please.

This.

Grading notes

Free Grader Notes

grader notes but that really should be free.... If it was a service requested beforehand, Sure charge for it.... But the notes are taken regardless and then sold after

free grader notes.

:gossip: Free. Grader's. Notes.

;) (thumbs u

I really think that this is one thing that they will reverse their policy on within the next year.