• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this have a chance @ 9.4 ? ASM 238

16 posts in this topic

Not in my books. Too many spine tics that are breaking colour, more distinct on the back cover. Do you have access to larger scans?

9.0 IMHO! From the small scans provided. (err on the safe side)

Thanks Fin! From what I can see there are numerous spine tics visible on the back cover from the larger photos in the link provided. I would say 9.2 tops mostly because of the spine issue. The rest of this book looks really good.

I would ask the seller if he can confirm the number of spine tics and how many actually break colour? My count is 13 spine tics and at least three look big enough to break colour.

I think it would be doing well to get a VF grade.

(thumbs u Right on. This is an 8.5 book.

Plus the tattooz are missing,that will unfortunately give it an even lower grade. (shrug)

I think you're probably right. But it's a tough call given the images.

Plus the tattooz are missing,that will unfortunately give it an even lower grade. (shrug)

Good catch, I forgot to look for that, and the seller even opened the book too. doh!

Didn't even notice it had no tatoos ... Not worth it now ..

JUSt seems incomplete without em... Sorry for wasting time on boards guys ...

book looks in vf range looking at the scans on the link.

And you are not wasting our time as this thread can be handy on getting a second, third, fourth ect. opinion.

And can direct you away from a purchase that later you may regret when you find the book does not live up to your expectations.

(thumbs u

Didn't even notice it had no tatoos ... Not worth it now ..

JUSt seems incomplete without em... Sorry for wasting time on boards guys ...

book looks in vf range looking at the scans on the link.

And you are not wasting our time as this thread can be handy on getting a second, third, fourth ect. opinion.

And can direct you away from a purchase that later you may regret when you find the book does not live up to your expectations.

(thumbs u

+1

Never a waste of time especially if you are a buyer interested in a book.