• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did USPS lost my package or someone is trying to scam me?

36 posts in this topic

Recently I sold a CGC SS Amazing Spiderman #50 on Ebay. Last month I sold around 6 CGC SS Slabs, I sold two here (an Amell SS and a Shatner SS) and both arrived perfectly, also, two slabs I sold on Ebay arrived too.

Today I received an email from ebay about a case opened against me because the buyer (agimatoys) has not received the SpiderMan comic. I shipped it like all the other ones, something like this has never happened to me, so I don't know what to think.

I'll try to find the note from the post office with the tracking number to see where's the package. I never upload the tracking info because all my stuff arrives on time, but guess I need to start doing that.

I'll try to find the note from the post office with the tracking number to see where's the package. I never upload the tracking info because all my stuff arrives on time, but guess I need to start doing that.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine with sellers on ebay and I never understood why a seller would not upload this information for their own protection (and the buyers piece of mind).

This is probably someone taking a flyer out on a free dispute, they know they received the comic but if you can't prove it, it is free to them. If you had uploaded the information they could not open a dispute as Ebay could see the package was delivered.

Hope you find the tracking information!

Print your own labels, don't be a rookie. Then you don't need to worry about uploading the tracking. Even if you don't want to buy the sticker pages, just tape them on (without covering any barcodes with tape, to be safe....)

This is a huge pet peeve of mine with sellers on ebay and I never understood why a seller would not upload this information for their own protection (and the buyers piece of mind).

This.

I hate it when a seller doesn't provide a tracking number, makes it seem like the seller could care less about the customer. Of course that shouldn't warrant a neg feedback (or fraudulent eBay case), but how hard is it to just upload the tracking number? At a minimum, a good lesson learned here. Hope it turns out well for all parties, could just be a USPS delay or mistake.

Print your own labels, don't be a rookie. Then you don't need to worry about uploading the tracking. Even if you don't want to buy the sticker pages, just tape them on (without covering any barcodes with tape, to be safe....)

This.

I'll never understand why sellers don't print postage through ebay. Tracking is uploaded and attached to the transaction automatically, and it costs less to boot. You can even schedule a pickup and avoid a trip to the P.O.

For that matter, I’ll also never understand why sellers here don’t generate postage through PayPal for the same reasons.

This.

I'll never understand why sellers don't print postage through ebay. Tracking is uploaded and attached to the transaction automatically, and it costs less to boot. You can even schedule a pickup and avoid a trip to the P.O.

For that matter, I’ll also never understand why sellers here don’t generate postage through PayPal for the same reasons.

If you are insuring or using registered mail the online cap is $500 so if you need more you have to take it to the counter at a PO.

But for <$500 you should always print online as it saves you 10% or more on postage.

If you have done enough deals there will always be a few parcels that get held up for 4-6 weeks, or go missing, tracking details will get damaged so they can't complete the on line status, etc, etc. Not providing tracking details to buyer is a bad habit as it just leaves you open to Paypal and non-delivery claims that you will loose if you don't keep track of your stuff.

I found the tracking info and it was delivered on May 28, signed too since it required signature.

Might have been the smart thing to do before starting the thread?

This.

How do you figure how much postage to print? A giant scale in the house?

I found the tracking info and it was delivered on May 28, signed too since it required signature.

Did you tell that to the buyer?

Since this was through eBay (without providing the tracking), it'll probably be hard not to get ripped off if he files a claim.

lol

Oh heII no, that's no fun

This.

+1

+2

+40

+9,030,477

lol

Oh heII no, that's no fun

Either way, the buyer received the package and still opened a case saying he didn't get it.

Not sure there is much you can do to get eBay to side with you, but maybe there is something. Have you tried contacting the buyer and saying it was signed for and delivered?

This.

If you are insuring or using registered mail the online cap is $500 so if you need more you have to take it to the counter at a PO.

But for <$500 you should always print online as it saves you 10% or more on postage.

Online cap for insurance? - might be for ebay generated purchases - I shipped my last 2 CGC submissions using the USPS online site (pretty sure same % discount as ebay) - and had $1000 and $2000 insurance applied.

The OP should have no problem getting this turned around and resolved favorably after providing the tracking number to eBay, especially since it included Signature Confirmation. OP should also request a copy of the signature from USPS.com as additional proof.

This.

How do you figure how much postage to print? A giant scale in the house?

Get one of those small portion scales found in the housewares aisle? (shrug) Once you have the weight, USPS calculates the price for you and then you just print the label.

You can also order those pocket envelopes for free from usps so no need to tape.