• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did USPS lost my package or someone is trying to scam me?

36 posts in this topic

Print your own labels, don't be a rookie. Then you don't need to worry about uploading the tracking. Even if you don't want to buy the sticker pages, just tape them on (without covering any barcodes with tape, to be safe....)

This.

I'll never understand why sellers don't print postage through ebay. Tracking is uploaded and attached to the transaction automatically, and it costs less to boot. You can even schedule a pickup and avoid a trip to the P.O.

For that matter, Ill also never understand why sellers here dont generate postage through PayPal for the same reasons.

How do you figure how much postage to print? A giant scale in the house?

Get one of those small portion scales found in the housewares aisle? (shrug) Once you have the weight, USPS calculates the price for you and then you just print the label.

+1

I just use one of those small scales and add an extra ounce (if it doesn't bump up the postage significantly) to cover any differences. Never had a problem.

Print your own labels, don't be a rookie. Then you don't need to worry about uploading the tracking. Even if you don't want to buy the sticker pages, just tape them on (without covering any barcodes with tape, to be safe....)

This.

I'll never understand why sellers don't print postage through ebay. Tracking is uploaded and attached to the transaction automatically, and it costs less to boot. You can even schedule a pickup and avoid a trip to the P.O.

For that matter, I’ll also never understand why sellers here don’t generate postage through PayPal for the same reasons.

I use a Weight Max, it is small (only 1 pound) and weighs packages up to 75 lbs. Never had a problem or a rejected package from the PO, it is highly accurate. Plus I save when I print my labels directly through Ebay:

http://www.amazon.com/Weighmax-2822-75LB-shipping-Battery-Included/dp/B002U4OEDS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403133747&sr=8-1&keywords=weight+max

This.

For that matter, I’ll also never understand why sellers here don’t generate postage through PayPal for the same reasons.

I use a Weight Max, it is small (only 1 pound) and weighs packages up to 75 lbs. Never had a problem or a rejected package from the PO, it is highly accurate. Plus I save when I print my labels directly through Ebay:

http://www.amazon.com/Weighmax-2822-75LB-shipping-Battery-Included/dp/B002U4OEDS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403133747&sr=8-1&keywords=weight+max

And the things only $20, nice.

Thanks for the link

OP, good luck with your case

Well keep in mind that just because the tracking says delivered, does not mean the person has the item in their possession. It will cover you from the ebay/Paypal perspective yes so first thing you should do is upload the tracking info to ebay to cover yourself. But some people live in shared environments or the package is left at a place they are not expecting (behind the bushes etc).

I have sold literally hundreds of items over the years on ebay and have had at least a handful of cases were it says package delivered but recipient says they don't have it. 9 times out of 10 it was just misplaced and they end up finding it. But I have had a case or 2 where the package never showed up. I believe the buyer because these were small ticket items.

Hard to say whether or not this person is trying to take advantage of the fact that they would win the case if you could not provide tracking. But it's not fair to assume that from the start.

Well keep in mind that just because the tracking says delivered, does not mean the person has the item in their possession. It will cover you from the ebay/Paypal perspective yes so first thing you should do is upload the tracking info to ebay to cover yourself. But some people live in shared environments or the package is left at a place they are not expecting (behind the bushes etc).

I have sold literally hundreds of items over the years on ebay and have had at least a handful of cases were it says package delivered but recipient says they don't have it. 9 times out of 10 it was just misplaced and they end up finding it. But I have had a case or 2 where the package never showed up. I believe the buyer because these were small ticket items.

Hard to say whether or not this person is trying to take advantage of the fact that they would win the case if you could not provide tracking. But it's not fair to assume that from the start.

The OP said it was sig. confirmation and was signed for. So somebody got the package.

Noobs. :facepalm:

Protect yourself man.

Small scale from Office Depot to weigh small packages up to 25lbs. check

Box and packaging materials suitable for said item so there is no damage. check

Print label from eBay, automatically adds to buyer's purchase history. check

Signature required on all packages so not to get scammed. check

These are just the major things I do. Good Luck buddy.

If she weighs as much as a duck...then.....she's a.....WITCH!!!! BURN!!!

Just because a signature is required doesnt mean it always gets to the right person. I had a videogame from amazon go missing even though it required a signature. It was listed as delivered, and I could even see the signature online. Someone signed "Al"...which is not my name. At the time I lived in a huge apartment building and Im guessing someone literally just stopped the mailman and said "hey thats my package.".

so yeah, messed up stuff still happens.