• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comicsforcash.com?

169 posts in this topic

I have a collection of about 4000 books - mostly from the 70's and 80's, some 60's, some early 90's - that I'd like to unload without having to deal with the hassle of selling them individually on EBAY.

Does anyone have any experience with comicsforcash.com?

Any idea what percentage of a book's supposed value I could expect to receive? There's some runs of popular titles (Spider-man, X-men, etc.), but also lots of obscure stuff that has probably doesn't have much heat on it.

If the site isn't legit, any other advice on unloading a collection with relatively little fuss?

I'm sure that ComicSupply, or Russell, or Belladonna, or Roberts or Jayne or Kym will be along shortly to clear things up. yeahok.gif

Well I hope so as I have a $50 gift certificate to the site I need to redeem before the end of the month... frustrated.gif

Jim

I'm sure that ComicSupply, or Russell, or Belladonna, or Roberts or Jayne or Kym will be along shortly to clear things up. yeahok.gif

Well I hope so as I have a $50 gift certificate to the site I need to redeem before the end of the month... frustrated.gif

Jim

I doubt there would be any problem.

I'm not reading that whole effing thread again just to figure out what's going on. Can I have the Cliff's Notes version? 27_laughing.gif

Actually, I have a few...I will go back and come up with the short version. It was a classic!

Scott. trust me. It's worth the read. And there's not a word about "p....." in there! 27_laughing.gif We should let CS come in and give his version first. Just to be fair.

I already read it once way back when. Is the point here that you're saying Comic_Supply and robertsonjohn are the same person?

cliff.jpg

Pages 1 through 7 only.......

Actually, a thread started by Joe C. himself, in which he complained about seller roberts357 ending a series of auctions early. JC posted a number of nasty letters he received from the seller. (something tells me the emails JC sent to the seller weren't exactly love notes either). JC declined to post HIS emails, when asked.

Roberts357 appears on the boards to defend himself. Explains he was selling the books on consignment and when the books failed to appear he pulled the auctions.

FFB welcomes him to the boards. (Had to get that in, Scott).

General good cheer all around. Group hug.

JC comes back and demands to know why auctions were pulled with less than a couple of minutes left. Sez, seller told him "Someone bought them inhouse". Claims stories don't add up.

JC continues griping.

JC gripes some more.

Greggy eats popcorn.

JC sez..."I AM TAKING A BREAK!" (sound familiar?)

Old Guy waves "Goodbye".

JC admonished for shooting his own cause in the foot for acting like Dickwad Buyer of the Day.

Nikos comes on and asks if Roberts357 was also cliveroberts357 on Ebay?

DarthDeisel confirms this fact.

Nikos answers "Thanks for answering Darth, nothing against you, but I wanted him to respond. I want to know if this is the same chicken S H I T that could not confront me on the phone and had his little FBI wife answer for him, on one of his BS auctions a while ago."

Roberts357 ignores Nikos.

Nikos comes at him again. "All of a sudden you have amnesia. You dont remeber that bogus auction of buying lots, and for every lot you would receive a HG CGC book, cmon Clive I know you received tons of emails from all those "satisfied buyers", and your BS retaliation feedbacks.

The auction that you scammed a bunch of buyers, by sending nothing but garbage to all those buyers.

The auction that you were going to send me $200 to get myself educated, your FBI beeatch wife was going to shoot me, all the sissy name calling from you and your beloved wife, because you were not man enough to correct the situation. The 1Hour phone call I had with your wife because you were hiding in your F basement and didnt want to confront me.

Is it coming back to you yet, or maybe go check with your elegant wife."

Nikos is boiling mad!

Awe4one produces tons of actual photos of the comics from the pulled auction. Presence of image tends to weaken sellers story that they weren't in the house.

Deathlok suggests an apology to JC. (yeah, I know, it was a pretty strange thread)

Roberts357 dodges and dodges.....

"Owner brought books in to get them in que and pictured.

Owner waited while we took pictures

Owner wanted to take the comics to another dealer to see what he would get for them.

Owner took the comics.

We held onto the pictures in case he decided to go on eBay.

Owner called, said lets go on eBay.

We listed them.

Owner didn't bring comics in on Friday, or Saturday, or Sunday."

Nikos still going at Roberts357.

"I misread it? You lying piece of S H I T.

Only 2 were unhappy? , boy the [!@#%^&^] is flying wild. You forgot that I emailed everyone, yes everyone that won lots in that auction, and not 1 person won any of those so called HG CGC books. I wish to Jesus I save all those emails, ( 76 emails), people that left you a Neg, like myself received a retaliation neg from you, others did'nt want a retaliation neg, so out of fear they left a pos. feedback.

You offered me a refund, you lying vermin, you told me to get over it, because you scored "Big Time", oh scuse me, that was your beautiful wife that said that, you were listening on the other phone, thats why you could hear me, not because you were 20 feet away, you F Chicken S H I T.

ANd now you come accross as a nice guy on this forum, Whats the matter, there is no more SUCKERS on Ebay?

Why dont you go grab your Princess Bride,and let her talk, or maybe she already is, at least she has more B A L L S than you."

(Never seen Nikos so livid, before or after.)

And finally, BellaDonna arrives with one of the classiest posts ever seen on these threads! Gentlemen, when you sit back and are proud of your flames, remember, you are mere toddlers compared to the great BellaDonna:

"Nikos You Lying [!@#%^&^]. Yeah here I am thats right your fav Girl talking. Talk all the sh*t you want. What happend to Brooklen, never knew Brooklen was in Southboro Mass. What happened? Well I do know that you can take the BOY out the of Ghetto but you cant take the Ghetto out of the boy.

You had a real problem and you still do. Your threats were recorded and put of file so keep it up. It is pretty stupid when you say you are going to show up on my lawn and shoot me, so lets get that in order. You know what they do to people when they kill persons of law enforcement?

I am sick and tired of your mouth so learn to shut it. You were offered a refund which you denied and you said nothing can fix this. You acted like a child and you still do. I now know why I never joined this forum because of whiny B*[!@#%^&^] like you.

Your threats of you and your grandpa gangs never scared me or clive and they never will. You said why don't I speak up, here I am ready to here the next pile of Diarrhea come flying out of your mouth. It is about time that some of your fellow members here know who you really are and how you talk to women. I was nothing but nice to you and tried to solve this problem. Except you thought it would be so cool if you acted like a gangster on the phone with me

Grow the F*[!@#%^&^] up. You are in your 40's, give it a rest.

You have a problem with a women being in authority? Too ing Bad! Thats the way it is. Thats they way it is and the way it will be. You have no balls. I see you never made it to Detroit. Dont think you would make it very far in detroit anyway. Take your tuff attitude in the bedroom maybe you will actually please someone, I know it is hard to please you but I would not go out of my way to do so. Yeah your right I am ready to talk to your punk , I am here and will be here. we will see how your threats are handled on this board. Remember I have more power than you do and will do what I see fit. I will not tolerate your Bulls*it threats. Keep that in mind.

You are a punk and always will be a punk. Nuff said."

Nikos has a thoughtful reply.....

"People of the forum, here is the Queen Trailer Park Trash of the USA. Welcome aboard you Foul mouthed, probable short, Fat, Zit faced P I G.

And for the record I have no issues with women being in authority, but I know for a fact you are neither a woman or a man, just a Trailer Park P I G .

What took you so long to respond Porky, I know you had to finish eating all those corn husks, and bath in the mud you P I G

Gangter? who me? Okay Petunia, whatever you say SNORT SNORT!!!!!"

Well, this is just the first 7 pages of a 34 PAGE THREAD that they finally locked down on 6/22/04. One of the great Flame Wars I've ever read on the boards! I am still in awe looking it over.

And finally, BellaDonna arrives with one of the classiest posts ever seen on these threads! Gentlemen, when you sit back and are proud of your flames, remember, you are mere toddlers compared to the great BellaDonna.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

That's funny 'hook...but is the"Answer from CGC...." Cliffs Notes issue available yet? confused-smiley-013.gif

Comics_Supply is Dickwad seller of the Day, Roberts357. Comics_Supply is ComicsForCash. So when the gentleman wanted to know what kind of an outfit CFC was.....I directed him to the thread.