• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comicsforcash.com?

169 posts in this topic

Red,

Here is basically my way of doing things. If something happens between myself and someone else It stays that way unless they have given me any reason to make it not that way.

On another note, the board member you are talking about Red. He can't even register for an account on our site and all deals have been handled privately, and we both traded kudos for it.

You have a right to believe whatever you want to. That I respect.

But you still didn't answer my question...who is Russell? Your name is Clive, right?

He is the man, behind the man, behind the man, behind the man.

Using what you may think are clever cryptic references aren't helping you here. This is exactly the type [#@$%!!!] I was talking about...

Jim

When this whole thing went down I didn't even have comicsupply.com then. The eBay transaction talked about in that thread thing went down 2 years ago. He posted about it on that thread a full year and 3 months after it had already happened between him and I.

Actually the eBay transaction with JC that brought you here originally had just closed out.

And if you're talking about Nikos' transaction, I happen to think he's completely on the up and up and a pretty good guy. But then again, he's been around here awhile, built a reputation, and hasn't hidden behind false IDs. I've even sold comics to the guy with absolutely no problem whatsoever. If you two had a bad transaction, it's very likely your fault and not his...

The only reason I even went on was to just let people know what happened with the original complaint. After I started comicsupply.com and got it up and running I started this name.

Why? What was wrong with the old Forum name? Or why didn't you at least let people know who you were? Instead you remained silent and even used A DIFFERENT PERSONAL NAME to ID yourself away from the Forum.

You can stop the bullsh!t anytime...

I tend to believe that I have been nothing but honest with you, and with anyone else who has purchased from me. Put it this way, if I was the bad guy, would I have sent him his 1000 Archives he ordered or your order for that matter? Or mailed you your $50 Coupon?

I did have a good transaction, that's for sure. But I've also had multiple great transactions in the past from other sellers that have since been exposed as frauds and liars. Maybe you are trying to turn another leaf. If so, you've started out terribly I'm afraid. Using deceit to clear deceit isn't a great overall business plan.

I don't like fraudulent dealers. They are the scourge of the hobby in my opinion. And I won't give them the satisfaction of earning my dollars. There are too many honest dealers out there that deserve to be supported...

Jim

So, lemme see if I can summarize what I think I've read....

1) The board is sure, and only because of a giant amount of evidence, that the DSOTD, roberts357 on ebay and on the boards here, IS ComicSupply.

2) ComicSupply is denying he is the DSOTD.

3) The board is sure, but maybe 0.5% less so, that the "robertsonjohn" shill that posted regarding comicsforcash is also ComicSupply given a) the ties between CS.com and CFC.com and b) the strong liklihood CS has shilled here before.

4) ComicSupply is also denying he is robertsonjohn.

That about it?

There's maybe a chance, about the same as I have to win the lottery, that ComicSupply is not Roberts357 on eBay. To deny that, if that is whats happening, is silly.

You know, if I didn't like ComicSupply, I'd wait a month or two for this to die down, then make a roberts shill account and faux pimp one of his sites. As it is, he provides a great service, and I'll just keep buying up his stuff as long as he continues to provide a great service.

As it is, he provides a great service, and I'll just keep buying up his stuff as long as he continues to provide a great service.

And there you go. I think that's about all you can hope for at this point in the comic collecting world.

Here's what's burning my hide right now:

I paid Graham Crackers Comics $20-odd dollars for a pre-order on some new books... back in JUNE... that I have YET to receive. The books are INCREDIBLY delayed* (obviously), and it appears that they are not likely to come out at all. I contacted the GCC rep (in October) and asked him what we could do in this situation, as I have long paid my money and still waiting for books, and he told me that he could simply send me the books that HAVE come out and he would refund me the cost of the other books.

That was fine by me!

Did it happen? No. Am I still waiting for ANYTHING? Yes.

This is an example of not-great service. I don't know why I posted that, but I feel a bit better about the whole thing now that I've talked about it. I mean, it's only $20-some dollars, but it's the principle of the matter. You don't just KEEP someone's money and not send them a refund or at LEAST a partial order wtih a promise of completion at a later date.

frustrated.gif

EDIT:

*delayed by the studio/group producing the books, not by GCC themselves (I don't think).

DKB for the record.

I think Russ never denied he was the DWSOTD. Just that he left that old ID behind when he came here to start his Comicsupply ID.

He denied he was the person who started this thread.

What everyone has a problem with including me is how he hid the fact of who he was when he came back here.

Not exactly in an overly decietful way.. he just did not come forward from day one and say.. I was Roberts 357.. I am changing my ID.

The dont ask dont tell policy he used has kinda backfired.

Pretty Messy

But a pretty simple solution to all of this..

If you dont care about what is in the past.... then order stuff from commicsupply, and form your own opinion of the new RUSS.

But if you cant get past the fact that he was Roberst357, had a few shady auctions, flamed Nikos,and JC.. then dont talk to him, or order anything from him.

It is a shame this had to happen, but you did enable it Russel. You cant expect EVERYONE to say.. oh gosh.... byegones are byegones.. WELCOME BACK.. etc...

As I said before , I have not been slighted by you,But I was not happy to learn about all of this.

But to me it is not worth that much of my time anymore.

Good luck.

Ze-

You don't just KEEP someone's money and not send them a refund or at LEAST a partial order wtih a promise of completion at a later date.

Almost sounds like what happens when you submit books to CGC. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As it is, he provides a great service, and I'll just keep buying up his stuff as long as he continues to provide a great service.

And there you go. I think that's about all you can hope for at this point in the comic collecting world.

Here's what's burning my hide right now:

I paid Graham Crackers Comics $20-odd dollars for a pre-order on some new books... back in JUNE... that I have YET to receive. The books are INCREDIBLY delayed* (obviously), and it appears that they are not likely to come out at all. I contacted the GCC rep (in October) and asked him what we could do in this situation, as I have long paid my money and still waiting for books, and he told me that he could simply send me the books that HAVE come out and he would refund me the cost of the other books.

That was fine by me!

Did it happen? No. Am I still waiting for ANYTHING? Yes.

This is an example of not-great service. I don't know why I posted that, but I feel a bit better about the whole thing now that I've talked about it. I mean, it's only $20-some dollars, but it's the principle of the matter. You don't just KEEP someone's money and not send them a refund or at LEAST a partial order wtih a promise of completion at a later date.

frustrated.gif

EDIT:

*delayed by the studio/group producing the books, not by GCC themselves (I don't think).

Your Ghostbusters variants? confused-smiley-013.gif Did GCC put out their own again?

This is becoming as involved as the Tdcomix and CGG/PGA web of lies.

If ComicSupply was/is involved or is that Dickwad Seller is reason enough not to do business with them.

I was considering placing an order with them, but now I may have to wait and see what transpires.

27_laughing.gif I'm sure that carries a lot of weight to it, hypocrite. yay.gifpoke2.gifyay.gifpoke2.gifyay.gifpoke2.gif

I didn't threaten to not use them. I just said I would wait and see. I don't even pretend that my order will make or break them, unlike some boastful lawyers I know of. poke2.gif

You need a reading comprehension class. You've obviously been spending too much time talking to Duncan, because his stupidity is rubbing off on you. makepoint.gif

poke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gif

yay.gif

I'm not sure how Russ hid his id from anyone.The links have been there from the start.Evidently he's completed several thousands of dollars in transactions with board members with no complaints

It the Christmas season. Maybe its time to forget past transgressions,real and imagined and start restoring some faith and goodwill in our community.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice, Shad. My thoughts exactly. Some of you guys are the most unforgiving sumperson_without_enough_empathyes I've ever seen. I hope you live up to your own lofty standards at all times in your daily lives, or the self-loathing must reach a fever pitch.

Some of you guys are the most unforgiving sumperson_without_enough_empathyes I've ever seen. I hope you live up to your own lofty standards at all times in your daily lives, or the self-loathing must reach a fever pitch.

I strive to everyday thank you very much. And supporting established scam artists isn't at the top of my priorities right now...

Jim

Some of you guys are the most unforgiving sumperson_without_enough_empathyes I've ever seen. I hope you live up to your own lofty standards at all times in your daily lives, or the self-loathing must reach a fever pitch.

Scott, we've been down this road before. All I do is put out the facts, alert people to what is going down, and then let the board decide. I'm very comfortable with that.

Scott, we've been down this road before. All I do is put out the facts, alert people to what is going down, and then let the board decide. I'm very comfortable with that.

Thanks Red - divad thumbsup2.gif

I've still got a pending order for Archives that are supposedly being held up by E.Gerber. frown.gif

The microchamber paper I ordered over Thanksgiving came damaged in the mail because of poor packing frown.giffrown.gif

And now this [#@$%!!!] . . . I am NOT a happy camper! frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Ouch, if this was directed at members.

Speaking for myself, I practice what I preach. I dont need to wear a mask to hide my past activities, or be sneaky trying to solicit anything. I am not perfect by any means, but I dont consider my self a phoney either.