• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comicsforcash.com?

169 posts in this topic

Yeah, but just to be clear, all I was trying to do was figure out what was what.

I hope ComicSupply does a smashing business, as does the other arm of their business, ComicsForCash.

And I was also experiencing nostolgia for one of the most entertaining threads of all time.

even though i'd read the whole thread originally, i'd forgotten about it. wow - what highlights you brought up from just the first 7 pages. it took some wild turns and i think it finally died as guys were starting to talk about favorite food spots or somesuch..........

i even picked 21 days for my guess as to JC's self inflicted exile...... grin.gif

great memories....... cloud9.gif

uh, have we heard from comicsupply in any thread regarding your "investigation"???

man, remind me to never pizz you off............ devil.gif

If you click the link on comic..supplys site about selling your comics,it takes you to the same page that a similar link on robertjohns did. They are certainly connected,if not the same.

That said,However,I've done several deals with comicsupply the last month or so and am quite pleased with their prices,their delivery and their service. Russell went"way" out of his way to try to correct a minor misunderstanding that turned out to be entirely my fault. thumbsup2.gif

I wondered if this was a shill for comic supply

JoeAspirin

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...true#Post622844

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...true#Post626524

1st post and then another 5 days later and both are questions about comic supply 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nice work. thumbsup2.gif

I wondered if this was a shill for comic supply

JoeAspirin

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...true#Post622844

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...true#Post626524

1st post and then another 5 days later and both are questions about comic supply 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nice work. thumbsup2.gif

The evidence is mounting!

Why exactly does one need to create a whole new ID to pretend to want to be interested in a site? What's wrong with just saying, "Hey, we here a ComicSupply have started a consignment service, come check it out!" "Hey, we here at ComicSupply have started a collection buying site called comicsforcash.com, come check it out!"

I don't get it.

My 2 shipments from ComicSupply have been handled well, professionally and whatnot, have to wonder why the stooping? I'm baffled.

I've been duped? frown.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gifRight now, I feel like the biggest 893censored-thumb.gifinsufficiently_thoughtful_person in this planet.

Even though I had a good exchange, and pretty good transaction with CS, knowing who I bought them from makes me sick to my stomach. tonofbricks.gif

Well, I figured now is as good as any to reply.

Yes, comicsforcash.com is another one of our sites. It is the site that allows us to get in the comics we sell on comicsupply.com. Comicsforcash.com is much older than ComicSupply.com and when we started comicsupply.com I figured it was better to just keep both of those businesses apart.

The reason I started a new name is because I don't use the email registered anymore, couldn't rememeber the name or password so I just started a new one, being this name.

I was posting over at CPG all the time, and figured it was time to come to this board, and just start posting here. The conversations are better, the traffic is better, the level of education about comics and the markets are better, so I figure its all around better why not.

As far as the whole other names that people think are shills I assure you they are not. I don't know either of them. I can understand people's frustration with shills and it tends to just hide people's true intentions.

What happened with the dickwad thing and the likes is so far in the past I have forgotten about it. My business practices have changed none from those days, however I have matured past the point of name calling and finger pointing.

I just figured its so far in the past that I needed to start fresh, which is what I did.

I have had some good transactions with you from buying a bunch of supplies, including a ton of microchamber paper and some mylars/fullbacks. Your service was great and your prices very competitive.

I don't mind that you had bad fights with other forum members in the past or that you and your wife used foul language. As that other JC once said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Well, when it comes to using foul language, you're never going to see me with a rock in my hand.

I don't mind that you changed your forum ID to get a fresh start here. It was probably a good idea, considering how smoothly things have gone.

But I DO mind that you make up shill IDs and start threads to promote your products while pretending to be someone else with a legitimate question. It is insulting to the intelligence of the people who post here, and if you do it again, I promise you I'll never buy another thing from your site ever again.

I have had some good transactions with you from buying a bunch of supplies, including a ton of microchamber paper and some mylars/fullbacks. Your service was great and your prices very competitive.

I don't mind that you had bad fights with other forum members in the past or that you and your wife used foul language. As that other JC once said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Well, when it comes to using foul language, you're never going to see me with a rock in my hand.

I don't mind that you changed your forum ID to get a fresh start here. It was probably a good idea, considering how smoothly things have gone.

But I DO mind that you make up shill IDs and start threads to promote your products while pretending to be someone else with a legitimate question. It is insulting to the intelligence of the people who post here, and if you do it again, I promise you I'll never buy another thing from your site ever again.

Yes. What he said.

Thats, what I am saying. I didn't do that. I am not those people. If I really wanted to bring this fire to my house, would I ask about comicsforcash.com?????

It just wasn't me, thats all I can say. But, yes, I agree with your dislike for shills. But, its not really who I am. Ask Brockley, I always pester him to buy stuff, I don't try to shill him into it.

What happened with the dickwad thing and the likes is so far in the past I have forgotten about it.

Have you had so many similar incidents that this one gets filed as a "normal transaction"? confused-smiley-013.gif

What happened with the dickwad thing and the likes is so far in the past I have forgotten about it.

Have you had so many similar incidents that this one gets filed as a "normal transaction"? confused-smiley-013.gif

No, its the characteristics of it that I recall vividly, but I think my brain has tried to purge itself to make me forget about it. Although, when I think about it, I can recall everything.

Ya See, CS. Here is how it works around here......

We don't buy it. Your best bet, is to just fess up now, get over it, and we all move on. If you insist on insulting our intelligence, it will probably never end for you here. So, please, just do it. Now.

Red Hook