• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comicsforcash.com?

169 posts in this topic

Just for the record.. Russel called me tonight.

Explained to me had had several claims to the Clive name, an old pen name , an old Ebay name, and a name he just always liked as a kid. Alot of people still use it , even today.

So that settles that, I was told for sure 100% his name is Russel.

We had a laugh.

To try and put this all to bed.. I hope Comic Supply is with us for along time. I may not totally agree with him about what went on in recent years.. or how he chose to came back to the forum. But he IS here.

I dont think he is evil, I am sure he will try his best to deal with anything that comes his way as best he can.

I also hope those that felt he was hunted as a witch unfairly can appreciate the need for any of us to be able to voice concerns about a person. Some of us like to turn over rocks to see what is there, others here say leave the rock alone, what did that poor rock do to you?

Some just like to read about other people turning over rocks, some dont.

But in the end , if you have nothing to hide.. what is the harm in anyone looking?

This is a public forum, I dont shy away from anyone digging around my past. I am not hiding. But dont expect me to shy away from digging around if I think someone here claims to be one thing.. and turns out to be another. I am like that.

If you are not.. then that is your want. I hope we can respect both our respective wants, equally.

And coexist in a manner where we can all discuss what we want, how we want.Take our lumps if necessary.. and hand out lumps if we feel so inclined.

That is all.

Ze-

Kenny

Explained to me had had several claims to the Clive name, an old pen name , an old Ebay name, and a name he just always liked as a kid. Alot of people still use it , even today.

We had a laugh.

To try and put this all to bed.. I hope Comic Supply is with us for along time. I may not totally agree with him about what went on in recent years.. or how he chose to came back to the forum. But he IS here.

I dont think he is evil, I am sure he will try his best to deal with anything that comes his way as best he can.

I also hope those that felt he was hunted as a witch unfairly can appreciate the need for any of us to be able to voice concerns about a person. Some of us like to turn over rocks to see what is there, others here say leave the rock alone, what did that poor rock do to you?

But in the end , if you have nothing to hide.. what is the harm in anyone looking?

This is a public forum, I dont shy away from anyone digging around my past. I am not hiding. But dont expect me to shy away from digging around if I think someone here claims to be one thing.. and turns out to be another. I am like that.

If you are not.. then that is your want. I hope we can respect both our respective wants, equally.

And coexist in a manner where we can all discuss what we want, how we want.Take our lumps if necessary.. and hand out lumps if we feel so inclined.

That is all.

Ze-

Kenny

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifyay.giftakeit.gif

We had a laugh.

That is all.

Ze-

Kenny

I am happy to hear that you squared it away with Russell.

I do take issue with what you said about digging though. Just because you feel comfortable discussing all of your private affairs with people on a public message board does not mean that everyone else has to, or fear being branded "someone with something to hide." Contrary to what the press might lead you to believe, you don't have the right to know everything about anyone, and particularly not just because they choose to post on a public message board. I didn't see anything in the user agreement that said that anyone had to waive his right to privacy as a condition of posting here. You may not value your privacy. Many others do, and just because you don't value yours doesn't give you license to violate theirs, or pile on if they don't respond to demands for answers.

Having said that, I acknowledge that there is value in people raising concerns here about bad experiences with industry sellers. I've never said any differently. This board is a great source of information for that. The people who post here are very good at sniffing out scam auctions, scam email offers, scam AF#15s in Australia, or what have you. But there is a big difference in my mind between pointing out those scams, and piling on a seller who has provided good customer service with many, but has had a messy past dispute with one of our fellow members and is currently having a problem with another member. If the members involved want to complain about what is going on, fine, they have every right to do that because it was their transaction and it affected them. But when everyone else who has not dealt with the seller piles on, these things spin out of control and the board gets to be a big morass of bad blood -- which is no fun for any except those who come here to stir up [#@$%!!!] or those voyeurs who watch gleefully while others do.

Anyway, as I said, I am glad that you cleared things up with Russell. Hopefully David gets his stuff from his order and everyone comes out of this feeling a bit better.

P.S. Logan, I hate you too. cloud9.gif

Well said Scott.

Thank you for your candor, I can tell DID try and see both sides when you made your post.

Thanx thumbsup2.gif

I can see the points you bring up are valid, and will also try and take them into consideration when something like this comes up again.

We are obviously cut from a different cloth, but came here for similar reasons.

That at least is a common ground that most strangers involved in a heated discussion... never have.

Now, lets make a thread about Sommeliers that appear in comics.

Ze-

Ive dealt with Russ on numerous occaisons... even had my pull service through him for a bit.

Top notch service and communication. If something wasn't right, he made it right.

edited for the spelling nazis.

I'm fairly hesitant to say anything since I apparently started this whole mess.

Just to reiterate, I am not Comicsupply, and am not affiliated with them in any way. I just wanted to know if anyone had ever used them to liquidate a collection, and if so, what their satisfaction level was with that (apparently no one has - all the complaints appear to be from buyers of their books).

All the hand-wringing about some failed ebay transaction aside, I'm just curious how I should have worded my post. I wanted some information about a company. I did a google search on them and couldn't find any reviews, so I posted on two message boards asking about them. I didn't say anything positive or negative about them. I just asked for feedback. Was there any way to avoid being labeled a shill (and no, I'm not asking so I can try to shill more efficiently) or was it just an unfortunate coincidence that my user name has Roberts in it?

(And from the sound of all this, I'm probably just going to dump the collection on Ebay and hope for the best).

Well, after dealings over several months with him buying comics and the communication that he kept up with me, if I was in your shoes, I would have no problem going through him for that. Not that my word from an anonymus face on a message board means much, but take it for what its worth.