• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly May 7-10, 2015

153 posts in this topic

Maybe I just missed it. I was looking for something on the wall just to thank Jason for the passes, but didn't see anything that fit what I was looking for. Maybe I just missed this or he put it up after Friday.

So quality control was at an all time low at this show.

A 9.8 grade has a 9.6 sticker on the top.

A 9.6 grade has a 9.8 sticker on the top.

TWD #1 reprint we got for free was labeled the 2013 reprint from Julian Totino Tedesco.

TWD #1 reprint that they labeled correctly they decided not to put 2015 reprint (three times).

Out of the 18 slabs I really checked I have 6 QC problems.

TWD #1 reprint we got for free was labeled the 2013 reprint from Julian Totino Tedesco.

TWD #1 reprint that they labeled correctly they decided not to put 2015 reprint (three times).

Come on man...break balls, much?

Minor quality control issues, due to a myriad of mitigating factors, will invariably occur when you have thousands upon thousand of books being submitted for grading within a 3 day turn around window.

It is not like CGC has a couple dozen Ultron robots stock piled in their hotel rooms, grading books all weekend.Human error is human error.

I am fairly sure that CGC would reholder slabs with any such mistakes, at no charge....and that is what counts.

Minor quality control issues, due to a myriad of mitigating factors, will invariably occur when you have thousands upon thousand of books being submitted for grading within a 3 day turn around window.

It is not like CGC has a couple dozen Ultron robots stock piled in their hotel rooms, grading books all weekend.Human error is human error.

I am fairly sure that CGC would reholder slabs with any such mistakes, at no charge....and that is what counts.

no charge, and also no shipping and no insurance. 1 out of 3 is pretty bad.

I don't think I'm breaking balls.

When you submit the same comic on the same submission form and get the same grade, but get two different labels then something is wrong. And they should really know what the show exclusive release is.

I went yesterday and the show was terrible (for comic books and original art). Attendance was sparse with very few dealers and the dealers that did attend did not have a lot of great material. The only OA dealer there was Bechara and I sat at his table for over an hour in the late afternoon talking with a few fellow collectors and not one person stopped by. Even to look. Not one.

From what I've heard, collectors came last year, saw how few dealers were there, and decided not to return.

Here's how bad the show was - not only did State Farm have a booth, but so did an aluminum siding company.

The reality seems to be that many people only even show up because of CGC on-site at this show. If they were not there, it would be even worse.

Since this show is like 40 minutes from my house I used to go every year and have a great time. It hasn't been the same since that year they got overconfident and tried to shut Heroes Con down by scheduling on the same day. Last year I only went for the on-site grading and this year I didn't even bother. It's a shell of what it used to be.