• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The centerpiece of your collection

282 posts in this topic

Hard decision, I'll say this one. Windy City Copy. Took years to land one, and then more years to complete 3 issue run. Thank you Andy(Dr. Love) for selling it to me all those years ago!

I'm with Sagii on this one. Nothing like it, before or since.

NegroRomanceGroup_zpsd0c6a121.jpg

That's museum quality, right there....

Hard decision, I'll say this one. Windy City Copy. Took years to land one, and then more years to complete 3 issue run. Thank you Andy(Dr. Love) for selling it to me all those years ago!

Thank you Dr, and you posted your set, all 9's as that!! :applause: we are in a unique club of collectors who can say that(as far as completing the set, if you don't count the Charlton issue 4 with its non photo cover). I don't have that one, but as the King Romance collectors, I'm sure you do...

Have you ever thought of taking up, say, PCH and selling off your romance books (to me, of course!)? hm

That's museum quality, right there....

+1, what a trio of books! :golfclap:

the concept might have done better with a clever title like "negromance."

in today's more liberal age, "negro bromance" might be a hit.

big debut issue with a michael sam cover, perhaps.

The centerpiece of your comedy collection?

This seems like the logical centerpiece of my Golden Age collection.

usa7chicago_zps74440b0a.jpg

One of the best books in this thread IMHO. (worship)

Thanks R.J. :) This and your "Tec" 31 are enough to highlight ANY geekfest we might have :) The crazy thing is, I could pick a DOZEN books outta your boxes to be the "centerpiece" of your collection!!

the concept might have done better with a clever title like "negromance."

in today's more liberal age, "negro bromance" might be a hit.

big debut issue with a michael sam cover, perhaps.

The centerpiece of your comedy collection?

Ha! After a quarter century of doing this, I know a closeted romance collector. Sure, you've got your Marvel Comics this, and your Captain America that. But when all other grails have been conquered, and you stand at the top of comic mountain, that vague empty feeling (not wallet) can only be fillled with...why, Negromance 1, of course! :baiting:

Girly books. The love that dare not speak its name.

Well, it's not GA; and there's one other book that I would probably keep for sentimental reasons if I had to pick just one book to save in a fire. But this would be my centerpiece:

SugarSpike1.jpg

:applause: