• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCAM!

95 posts in this topic

The time I tried to buy the jacket/couch leather-fest combo package doesn't count. . .

I don't have the time to develop a new look. I can never sell the image.

Since Sean is being so nice and he's getting a free trip to the lady bar, you should take his money and get two sweet copies of Superman 53. He'll end up with Dr. Balls money, who will eventually get more from me...

The circle of life....

The strip club is the best scam around. You walk in with $39, you walk out with nothing, but still feel like you got something.

I only posted this so that this scammer would be called out, and you guys could likewise avoid him.

JMoses.....seriously.....thanks for trying to give us a heads up regarding this guy.

But....after taking a 5 second look at his eBay feedback as a seller....I have to wonder why you didn't avoid him in the first place. ???

I only posted this so that this scammer would be called out, and you guys could likewise avoid him.

JMoses.....seriously.....thanks for trying to give us a heads up regarding this guy.

But....after taking a 5 second look at his eBay feedback as a seller....I have to wonder why you didn't avoid him in the first place. ???

I would like to give you $37.84 to take Shad out to dinner.

I remember doing the same thing as Sean did by offering MutantKeys to pay him for his loss on a eBay deal back in the day when he starting whining.

He took the money quickly :banana:

I would like to give you $37.84 to take Shad out to dinner.

We're going to need a bigger boat budget.

I remember doing the same thing as Sean did by offering MutantKeys to pay him for his loss on a eBay deal back in the day when he starting whining.

I'd take your money too but only cash.

I would take your ill gotten money as well.

Not true.

MK posted an eBay add looking for someone to help him "lose" his virginity.

You hit the buy-it-now.

That does not mean you "paid him for his loss on an eBay deal".

I feel more sorry for you that you were going to buy a 9.6 copy of Superman 53 than that you were scammed.

I don't see the humor in my being robbed.

Tell me how much he got you for and I will paypal it to you right now.

$38.74. Why do *you* want to send me this money?

Because that joke was awesome. If you are so pissed off that you can't laugh at that, then I feel a moral obligation to help you. PM me your paypal addy and I will turn this frown mother upside down

The joke was lame. Look, I appreciate the gesture (I think), but Ebay is covering it under their "money-back guarantee." I had to run the gauntlet of Hell to get there though. I bought that book on June 4, and my refund's still "5-7 days" away.

TAKE.

THE.

MONEY.

DUMMY.

:luhv:

I'd take your money too but only cash.

I avoided having to treat you to dinner in Charlotte.

Maybe in NYC if you can find me.

I also don't understand the snark. Just trying to provide a head's up about this guy.

I collect (among many other things) covers which feature Superman along with the American flag, Superman being an iconic figure and a kind of personification of America. Superman 53 is one such comic. It's not intrinsically valuable beyond that fact. $29 for a graded 9.6 struck me as OK, since I'd have to pay a few dollars for a quality raw copy and another $18 plus shipping to have it graded, with no guarantee it would score better than 9.6.

Here's the list for this category. Not long ago I proposed it as a new set.

Superman American Flag covers

Action Comics (1938) 750

Action Comics (1938) 775

Action Comics (1938) 803

Action Comics Annual 3

Action Comics Annual 6

Adventures of Superman 479

Adventures of Superman 492

Adventures of Superman 586

Adventures of Superman 600

Superman (1939) 14

Superman (1939) 24

Superman (1939) 400

Superman (1987) 53

Superman (1987) 69

Superman (1987) 79

Superman (1987) 145

Superman (1987) 178

Superman (2006) 702

Superman Unchained 1 (Jurgens Variant Cover)

Superman Unchained 2

I like the set, sucks you got scammed though.

I also don't understand the snark. Just trying to provide a head's up about this guy.

I collect (among many other things) covers which feature Superman along with the American flag, Superman being an iconic figure and a kind of personification of America. Superman 53 is one such comic. It's not intrinsically valuable beyond that fact. $29 for a graded 9.6 struck me as OK, since I'd have to pay a few dollars for a quality raw copy and another $18 plus shipping to have it graded, with no guarantee it would score better than 9.6.

Action Comics (1938) 750

Action Comics (1938) 775

Action Comics (1938) 803

Action Comics Annual 3

Action Comics Annual 6

Superman (1939) 14

Superman (1939) 24

Superman (1939) 400

Superman (1987) 53

Superman (1987) 69

Superman (1987) 79

Superman (1987) 145

Superman (1987) 178

Superman (2006) 702

Superman Unchained 2

First post!

^^

Action Comics (1938) 750

Action Comics (1938) 775

Action Comics (1938) 803

Action Comics Annual 3

Action Comics Annual 6

Superman (1939) 14

Superman (1939) 24

Superman (1939) 400

Superman (1987) 53

Superman (1987) 69

Superman (1987) 79

Superman (1987) 145

Superman (1987) 178

Superman (2006) 702

Superman Unchained 2

First post!

^^

I liked the Supes Flag set so much, I had to give my first shout out.